MAFIA XXXVII: THE WHEEL OF WEB-TIME

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
RagingIke297

Re: MAFIA XXXVII: THE WHEEL OF WEB-TIME

#421 Post by RagingIke297 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:08 pm

DoubtingThomas wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:03 pm
##VOTE demonRHK

I agree, first game on this forum, and it makes sense to me that we lynch the certain mod-kill, rather than an active player like Brain

He doesn’t seem any more suspicious than Jamie to me, and it doesnt look like Jamie has much more evidence to suggest Brain is not a VT except the fact that hes reusing to answer a question (and i can see that he would refuse to answer because he 1) doesnt like jamie 2)the question seems meaningless, as it was originally intended as a joke)

This doesnt mean neither Brain nor Jamie is one role or the other in my reads, but right now i want to see the afk lynched and gather more info
You were just voting for BismarckAlive, now you follow him onto RHK?

Jamiet99uk

#422 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:08 pm

##CALL GM

Have you been in touch with DemonRHK? Would you have to modkill him if he doesn't appear, or is a sub available?

Jamiet99uk

#423 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:10 pm

I give notice that I might not be on at EoD. I have family visiting, and tonight is the birthday of a very beautiful friend of mine, so I'm trying to see her as well at least for one drink.

damo666

#424 Post by damo666 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:12 pm

No such thing as one drink Jamie!

teacher2

#425 Post by teacher2 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:17 pm

Im going to make one last push for coalescing around any slot that is not Demon. Here’s why:

A Demon lynch tells us nothing at all. If scum, its still an ok spot for scum to be since it’s a modkill anyways – scum loses nothing by voting themselves. If town, scum can join “without blame” as someone says. So we cant make any inferences about who is on the wagon from however Demon flips.

The argument against no-lynch is that it deprives town of wagon and vote count analysis. Lynching a modkill has practically the same effect; very little information can be gained from the wagon, regardless of the flip.

If forced to pick between Demon and Brain, I will pick brain for the information gain. (If Brain flips town, likely one+scum on wagon; if Brain flips scum, likely scum were pushing against it). But there are several other slots Id rather lynch.

DoubtingThomas

#426 Post by DoubtingThomas » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:17 pm

@ragingike

Can you read what I have been saying before accusing me of anything

No hyperbole, but 4 people have asked me the same/similar question and I am tired of replying over and over again about th same things

TLDR;

i voted bismarck because he was gone for 24+ hrs

Now, time is running out and demonRHK is not here for ~44hrs

And I likely will not be able to change my vote in the next few hours, so I want to NOT KILL brain and rather kill a certain mod-kill atm

I dont see whats the issue here?

Are the only things people do on this forum bullying a new-face so that they might slip up a little so mafias can use that to disperse the attention on to them or something?

The strategy is kind of getting lame already

Vecna

#427 Post by Vecna » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:18 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:48 pm
Well, finally catch up reading.

Not sure about Brain and Jamiet thing, it could be town x town. Anyway, I think we should try to put this behind and discuss other things.

The two players I am less impressed right now are DrCJG and Fox. Maybe it´s a bias after two games as scum but Dr seems to be hedgy and defensive every time he states an opinion and his vote on Vecna had a poor reasoning and seems to be a good way to park a vote.
Fox seems to be coasting and hedged a lot before parking a vote on a lurking newbie out of policy. I will give DrCJG the benefit of doubt and when I have time I will look at his D1 on the last two games.

By now, ##vote Foxcastle

@Fox - Why vote a lurker if you said that a pressure vote won´t make them participate more?

@DrCJG - Could you give some more reasoning on your town reads and your scum reads?
^ good post, statement about playing to your scum meta retracted.

Vecna

#428 Post by Vecna » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:18 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:49 pm
^ scum
0_o

Vecna

#429 Post by Vecna » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:21 pm

RagingIke297 wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:04 pm
I find it interesting that the BB wagon hasn't broken down over the last 24 hours. I would say it will over the next few hours, but the wagon is almost exclusively newbies and Jamie who may not move at all
yep. join me and the guys on peter

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#430 Post by dargorygel » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:21 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:08 pm
##CALL GM

Have you been in touch with DemonRHK? Would you have to modkill him if he doesn't appear, or is a sub available?
We have been quite clear that Modkills will result from non-voting or non-posting.

And... as you limit yourself to one drink... I think that is a good idea... because "friends don't let friends play Mafia, drunk." (Ok.. two drinks does not lead to drunkeness...)

Vecna

#431 Post by Vecna » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:25 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:42 pm
Jamie hasnt responded to my accusations.

Must mean hes scum.

Imma copy paste every post jamie makes about me and change the words to talking about his own lack of effort to play this game and evaluate people
brainy boy.

take a break. let us that are still perceived as rational take over for a bit. you have this habit of digging in deeper due to your emotional connection to how unfair it is.

sit back. we got this

bozotheclown

#432 Post by bozotheclown » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:26 pm

I voted for DemonRHK because I thought there was a possibility that he was deliberately lurking, but it is looking like he might not show up at all. If he would be mod killed, I think it is still a good idea to lynch him rather than risk losing two town D1, and we have a 5/18 chance he is not town. However, if there is a sub available, I would prefer a more informative lynch.

Vecna

#433 Post by Vecna » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:26 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:46 pm
Mine was received at 33. Not 45.

But still thats the back half of gm priority.

I was player 1 on the signups so getting my pm at 33 after either means on the rand I rolled in the latter half of the list, or that im vt.

No other explanation is valid
case in point. just take a break, youre not doing yoursekf any favours.

RagingIke297

#434 Post by RagingIke297 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:31 pm

DoubtingThomas wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:17 pm
@ragingike

Can you read what I have been saying before accusing me of anything

No hyperbole, but 4 people have asked me the same/similar question and I am tired of replying over and over again about th same things

TLDR;

i voted bismarck because he was gone for 24+ hrs

Now, time is running out and demonRHK is not here for ~44hrs

And I likely will not be able to change my vote in the next few hours, so I want to NOT KILL brain and rather kill a certain mod-kill atm

I dont see whats the issue here?

Are the only things people do on this forum bullying a new-face so that they might slip up a little so mafias can use that to disperse the attention on to them or something?

The strategy is kind of getting lame already
You're good, I'm just not following the game too close

Vecna

#435 Post by Vecna » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:35 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:35 pm
RagingIke297 wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:12 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:11 pm
Notice whenever Brainbomb is not the centre of discussion he starts loudly attacking me again.

Standard
Distraction
Tactic.
What's he distracting us from?
Finding the other scum.
because you have such a big repertoire of finding multiple scum d1 right?

lmfao

bozotheclown

#436 Post by bozotheclown » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:37 pm

dargorygel wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:21 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:08 pm
##CALL GM

Have you been in touch withv? Would you have to modkill him if he doesn't appear, or is a sub available?
We have been quite clear that Modkills will result from non-voting or non-posting.

And... as you limit yourself to one drink... I think that is a good idea... because "friends don't let friends play Mafia, drunk." (Ok.. two drinks does not lead to drunkeness...)
##CALL GM

If DemonRHK does not post before EOD, will he be modkilled immediately with his role revealed at EOD?

Vecna

#437 Post by Vecna » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:38 pm

DoubtingThomas wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:03 pm
##VOTE demonRHK

I agree, first game on this forum, and it makes sense to me that we lynch the certain mod-kill, rather than an active player like Brain

He doesn’t seem any more suspicious than Jamie to me, and it doesnt look like Jamie has much more evidence to suggest Brain is not a VT except the fact that hes reusing to answer a question (and i can see that he would refuse to answer because he 1) doesnt like jamie 2)the question seems meaningless, as it was originally intended as a joke)

This doesnt mean neither Brain nor Jamie is one role or the other in my reads, but right now i want to see the afk lynched and gather more info
trying to lynch a mod kill is even worse than a no lynch vote.

information is the name of the game. plus he might show up last minute abd cause everyone to abandon that wagon resulting in chaos and a totally useless day1.

lynch for information. let the mid taje care of people that arent playing.

ND

#438 Post by ND » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:38 pm

##GM Note
I have a substitute lined up for anyone who fails to meet posting requirements.

Jamiet99uk

#439 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:39 pm

Vecna wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:35 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:35 pm
RagingIke297 wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:12 pm

What's he distracting us from?
Finding the other scum.
because you have such a big repertoire of finding multiple scum d1 right?

lmfao
Me personally? Hell no I'm terrible at reads D1. I wasn't claiming Brainbomb was trying to distract *me* specifically. I meant he's trying to create noise and distract everyone.

Foxcastle

#440 Post by Foxcastle » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:40 pm

BismarckAlive—Null. Retaliates against Brainbomb's vote with a vote on BB, which could either way as far as alignment indicative. I hope the hospital visit isn't serious and he's better soon. (I also encourage him to come back when his meds are fully kicked in and just let the truth flow.)

Bozo—Probably town. This seems like his normal play, especially his assessment of the hypo-tracker idea. His view that DemonRHK is lurking rather than AWOL seems outdated...

Brainbomb—Fuck if I know, but could be scum, because I'd fully expect him to pull this shit as scum. Also as town. So that's pretty much NAI. I think usually he does more actual scumhunting as town, so I think the points about him distracting from actual scumhunting are worth thinking about it. But it's also possible that he and Jamiet are just so fucking wound up at eachother that they can't play straight (although I think that's somewhat unlikely for Brainbomb).

Damo—Null, leaning scum. Shows up, reads the thread, votes Brainbomb "so there is less nonsense". As much as my heart sings out that sentiment itself, I think newbie scum could make the mistake of trying to pass off a joke vote through EOD, whereas I don't think newbie town would do that.

DoubtingThomas—Seems like newbie town, from the (unexplained) vote on Brainbomb (yet another newbie reaction vote to Brainbomb's erratic play), and I think his vigorous response to Brainbomb seems townie (or at least would be hard for me to say comes from newbie scum).

DrCJG—Probably town. I used to think that off-the-wall ideas were scummy because scum could use them to distract town and bog the game down in a complicated process that wouldn't actually lead anywhere useful. But having played a few games, I think that scum are generally too cautious to try that, and that well-intentioned townies are more likely to push those kinds of ideas. So DrCJG gets some town cred for that. Also, based on the last game I was in with him where he was scum, he definitely knows how to look townie, but I don't see anything for that case yet.

Flash—My strongest town read, actually. I think this is pretty clearly newbie town play, and I think that even if he were naturally great without any prior experience, newbie scum would look different.

Foxcastle—Apparently suffers from the mistaken belief that this should be fun or that there's room for lighthearted banter. Vastly overestimates his fellow players' ability to recognize a joke in the early hours of Day 1, no matter how absurd it is. Honestly, I don't think he's going to ever succeed at this until he recognizes that this is not a game, it's a chore to be solved with the same puckering seriousness usually reserved for taxes or the politics sub-forum.

Jamiet—I really don't think there's any way Jamiet-v-Brainbomb could be scum-v-scum. I think it's most likely town-v-town. If it's not town-v-town, I think Brainbomb is the scum player in that shitshow. Reading Jamiet's reactions to the whole mess doesn't leave me a lot of room to think he's scum.

Peterlund—Null, but could be scum. I don't buy his speculation that Jamiet v. Brainbomb is scum-v-scum, though he does back off that at Teacher's commentary. Maybe he was trying to quietly spin up a Brain/Jamie lynch.

RagingIke—Null, but could be scum. Not much to go on. His vote on DrCJG isn't real, his vote on Damo is a pressure vote. And he notes that the Brainbomb wagon is interesting, but doesn't take the observation to any conclusion.

Rdrivera—Null, lean town. I think his rejection of the hypo-tracker plan is sensible, but I also think he's good enough to do that no matter what team he's on. I think his posts are pretty usual from what I remember, which is to say mostly comments and occasional actual scumhunting (I replied to his scumread of me separately).

Teacher—Seems pretty towny, lots of engaging and scumhunting. As with DrCJG, latching on to the hypo-claim idea seems townie to me.

Thedipplayer—Null. 3 posts, and a vote for Brainbomb based on his ridiculous werewolf nonsense that nobody should take seriously (new players get a pass to figure out Brainbomb, but this is his normal behavior). So not much to go on, as he also hasn't been around except for a few hours yesterday, but I think even newbie scum know better than to make a pile-on vote on such a thin premise, so maybe he's town.

Vecna—His art transcends both town and scum, but he himself is probably just town. Mostly that's a gut reaction on reading his iso. Is it weird that he's mostly engaging with new players rather than anyone else?

Worcej—Lean scum. Not really adding much, but seems happy enough to be present and chime in with commentary on various things. Is that to make himself look present without contributing anything useful? Trying to avoid laying down anything that could be used against him later?

Yavuz—Lean scum. I think Yavuz has played enough to know that Brainbomb is going to shitpost, so why is he advocating for lynching him without a good reason? "We won't lose much if we lynch BB." There's no actual case for scum there, and maybe he sees a chance to get Brainbomb lynched with the help of the newbies and Jamiet's blind rage. (The other consideration is whether Yavuz has now played enough to know that doing this as scum would be a really dumb move... though it doesn't look like that's the case, because it's also a dumb move as town.)