MAFIA XXXVI: ODDJOB'S REVENGE

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Jamiet99uk

Re: MAFIA XXXVI: ODDJOB'S REVENGE

#2461 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed May 23, 2018 11:09 pm

TrPrado wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 11:01 pm
...can someone try and sum up everything everyone has done to try and move the game forward since peter's claim?

Can we also get an updated list of who all believes Ike's claim? I've become somewhat more inclined to believe him over time.
Thanks to the lack of participation all that is available to you in no more than 12 pages.

Go and read it yourself for fuck's sake, you lazy fuck.

Jamiet99uk

#2462 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed May 23, 2018 11:10 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 10:38 pm
because at least one of those times I was trying to get EON reads in off the top of my head, one handed while I fended off a downpour with the other hand.

The other times were just so we'd have something to talk about.
Oh, my, really? You posted sketchy EoD reads to stimulate conversation?

You've just gone right up my scum list. That's fucking pathetic shit.

Jamiet99uk

#2463 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed May 23, 2018 11:16 pm

Nothing fucks me off quite as much as lazy fucks asking "I'm ready to actually take part now, please could someone summarize and analyse the game for me because I'm too shit to read it myself."

Anyone who makes a post like this should NOT have signed up for the game. If you sign up to play, you are pledging to devote some time to taking part and following the game.

It is a shame that TrPrado, Ezio and Snowy are so lacking that they can't measure up to this basic standard.

Jamiet99uk

#2464 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed May 23, 2018 11:17 pm

^ ^

I also note the lack of a proper "Council" now which has good and bad implications.

I will say that Ezio and Snowy, if they turn out to be Town, will be banned from playing the next game that I GM, irrespective of any other sanction.

Foxcastle

#2465 Post by Foxcastle » Wed May 23, 2018 11:27 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 11:10 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 10:38 pm
because at least one of those times I was trying to get EON reads in off the top of my head, one handed while I fended off a downpour with the other hand.

The other times were just so we'd have something to talk about.
Oh, my, really? You posted sketchy EoD reads to stimulate conversation?
I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic about getting my sarcasm, or what.

But no, obviously leaving out reads to have something to talk about later is not a thing. I don't know why they didn't get on my reads list other than I didn't have anything to say about them.

TrPrado
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Location: OOOOOOKLAHOMA WHERE THE WIND COMES SWEEPING DOWN THE PLAIN

#2466 Post by TrPrado » Thu May 24, 2018 12:56 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 11:16 pm
Nothing fucks me off quite as much as lazy fucks asking "I'm ready to actually take part now, please could someone summarize and analyse the game for me because I'm too shit to read it myself."

Anyone who makes a post like this should NOT have signed up for the game. If you sign up to play, you are pledging to devote some time to taking part and following the game.

It is a shame that TrPrado, Ezio and Snowy are so lacking that they can't measure up to this basic standard.
I know I’ll read it anyway, that’s why I phrased my post in a specific way. What I’m using the summary for in my head is less cut and dry.

thamrick

#2467 Post by thamrick » Thu May 24, 2018 3:12 am

D1: darg ends on the bozo wagon with

DrCJG, teacher, snowy, darg, xorxes, Ike, reedeer (Foxcastle), Jamie, peter

Chaqa/bo ends on ghug "wagon" by himself

D2: darg ends on the snowy wagon and was there for the last 34 hrs of the phase.

RHK, teacher, yav

Chaqa/bo didn't vote

D3: darg and bo end on the Telamor wagon with:

ghug, darg, Ike, TrPrado, Foxcastle, Ezio, Balki, thamrick, bo

D4: darg and bo end on the Ezio wagon with:

darg, bo, Jamie, DrCJG, Balki

D1 looks like it was a t/t/t race. Going back to roughly 10 hours out though, it was (3) Ezio, (3) TrPrado, (3) ghug. At 8 hours, ghug moves onto Ike and says he doesn't like any of the wagons. Yav moves from ghug to an unvote because people were questioning the motives of his vote, but expresses a willingness to lynch Ezio if nothing better comes up. Prado moves from xorxes to Jamie (taking him to 1 vote) at 7:09 remaining. It was starting to get towards crunch time and he was tied for the lead at that point. I feel like scum Prado would have either doubled down on xorxes and pushed for more votes (xorxes was at 2 before he moved) or started drawing attention to another wagon. Balki mentions that he'd be fine with lynching Ike, xorxes or snowy. It seems like that lays the foundation for the EoD wagons. darg quickly picks up on it and lists his lynchpool of Ike, snowy, bozo. peter moves from TrP to Ike. teacher moves from Ezio to no-lynch. These two moves effectively kill those initial three wagons while the Ike wagon is tied with the no-lynch wagon at 3. I move onto Ike, reedeer (Foxy) moves onto peter, bozo moves onto peter, rdr moves to Ike, and teacher moves onto peter. This is all right around the 2-1 hr mark. At this point, DrCJG starts the bozo wagon. A rush of bozo votes follow (teacher, RHK, snowy, darg) over the next 20 mins to bring it to 5-5 bozo/Ike. I thought this was likely peter protection, but it doesn't seem like it. Obviously darg was just taking advantage of the momentum. His vote is interesting though:
dargorygel wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 9:25 pm
After a quick catch up read, Ezio looks a bit better... and my vote isn't doing any real work there. My other possibles are Ike, Snowy, and Bozo. I hate voting and leaving... but i don't want to leave my vote on Ezio.
Ike doesn't need any extra votes to be lynched (looks like that is the likely end at this point... which I don't mind.)
Voting for Snowy, which is my next real choice would also be a waste.
But if I vote for Bozo, it puts him in range in case there is movement later.
Happy with Ike, Bozo, or snowy... but less happy with peter.

See you tonight!
##Vote bozo
He says he'd rather vote snowy than Ike or bozo, but says he knows it wont take off. There were 35 mins left at this point. That's plenty of time for a wagon to come up, especially on D1. There were even 3 votes for snowy after this (RHK, Jamie, Ike).

We know that darg was on bozo. Chaqa/bo was on ghug. It's likely that there was at least one more scum on bozo. If another was on Ike, it would have to be rdr as everyone else is conf town and I know I'm town. Prado, Ezio, and yav were all off the two main wagons. My best guess is two more on bozo with darg (DrCJG, snowy, Foxy, Jamie) and two off wagon (bo and one of Prado, Ezio, yav).

TrPrado
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Location: OOOOOOKLAHOMA WHERE THE WIND COMES SWEEPING DOWN THE PLAIN

#2468 Post by TrPrado » Thu May 24, 2018 6:27 am

Okay so I got briefly distracted but I've started putting work in on a reread. I'm going to bed but have gotten through N2 with the following in mind.

It's almost strikingly bizarre how widely town-read darg managed to be. It took all of us an absurd amount of time to figure out he doesn't do anything. Jamie was pretty consistent about this for a while, and thamrick at one point on D1 tried to point to something of his to try and say it was a townslip, which went very eerily unmentioned considering the sorts of discussions that are usually had when talking about townslips.
I also further believe that the way darg tried to come after Ike D2 is not what we'd see from one scum going after another:
Also... why do you think you weren't NKed? There have been accusations that you are scum based on that. Did I miss a rational that you posted as to why scum have ignored your claim?
Plain and simple, this is a taunt, not a bus. I already found it particularly hard to believe Ike as scum, and I think this makes that safe.

Trying to pick something off of Chaqa feels pretty useless, but it's not impossible to glean information from the way people reacted to him. For the most part he was particularly inessential, no matter his team. Most people just left him as a null read, except Jamie who outright scumread him as well as having the most vocal reaction. His anger seemed genuine, but his read in that scenario did not. He almost certainly could have been upset with his teammate for being entirely unable to pull weight, hence the reaction, and it wouldn't be hard to pass off anger at lurkiness as townie.

Up to this point bo did nothing.

Now I hinted throughout that Jamie was very much tied up in this. I know it feels to quite a few people that I'm tunneling him pretty hard but this guy walks like a scum and talks like a scum. I'm drawn back to a theory I posted near EON2. Questions were thrown around about whether Jamie could have been saved or what took the scum team so long to even attempt. I pointed out several people were vacant for the point where he'd become a serious wagon. Both of our confirmed scumbos were among the group who were unable to save Jamie from being a wagon because their last posts were long before he ever became one. The only other person from that list who is dead is Telamor.

Jamiet99uk

#2469 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu May 24, 2018 10:42 am

TrPrado wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 6:27 am

It's almost strikingly bizarre how widely town-read darg managed to be. It took all of us an absurd amount of time to figure out he doesn't do anything. Jamie was pretty consistent about this for a while...
I'm happy to address this. I thought Darg was genuinely softing Doctor on D1.

Jamiet99uk

#2470 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu May 24, 2018 10:46 am

TrPrado wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 6:27 am
Now I hinted throughout that Jamie was very much tied up in this. I know it feels to quite a few people that I'm tunneling him pretty hard but this guy walks like a scum and talks like a scum.
You are tunnelling me very hard, and my personality is my personality. I'm not scum, I'm just a bit of an asshole. At least I'm putting the effort into this game. This game would be moving at one page every 24 hours if not for me and Ike.

snowy801

#2471 Post by snowy801 » Thu May 24, 2018 11:27 am

I suppose I shall gracefully view it as cute rather than just pathetic that jamiet thinks he can ban other people

##vote darg I suppose

Jamiet99uk

#2472 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu May 24, 2018 12:15 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 11:27 am
I suppose I shall gracefully view it as cute rather than just pathetic that jamiet thinks he can ban other people

##vote darg I suppose
Please explain your complete lack of participation in a way that could possibly make you Town. Go on.

DrCJG

#2473 Post by DrCJG » Thu May 24, 2018 1:08 pm

After lynching Darg (and assuming he flips scum)
I will strongly believe Ike is town;
I will think Rdr, TrPrado, and Foxcastle are townleans; and
I will be looking to lynch Jamiet, Thamrick, Ezio, Yav, or snowy.

I have long believed Yav is scum and nothing has changed that, but since I don’t think anyone but Yav has even commented on my analysis of Yav I would like to get more information that will support or contradict my belief.

Turning to my other four potential lynches I believe that Snowy and Ezio flips offer useful information on remaining players. Therefore, I am going to take a harder look over the night to see if I can really pin down Snowy or Ezio as scum.

Snowy:
As I mentioned in my D5 post, I think Bo may have saved scum Snowy in D3:
  • If Snowy is scum then I will be very confident that Thamrick is also scum and that Yav is actually town.
    The third scum could still be either Jamie or Ezio and knowing Snow’s alignment will be helpful in reevaluating his association with Jamie.
Ezio:
In the final minute of D4 with Ezio and Balki tied 4-4 (by Snowy):
  • TrPrado moved to Balki to make it 5-4;
    Balki moved to Ezio to tie it again at 5-5;
    Yav moved to Balki to make it 6-5
    If Ezio is scum I become more confident in Yav being scum and TrPrado drops down into my lynchable category.
    What I can’t decide is Ezio if Bo and Darg’s voting and staying on Ezio D4 is indicative of Ezio being town. At first I thought it was, but now… I think it is at best null… both Bo and Darg were around at EoD (the only other time Darg posted near EoD was D1) and Ezio was actually still on Thamrick and able to switch to Balki to save himself.
@ Thamrick - in your analysis of the D1 voting, you say that your best guess is 3 scum on the bozo wagon and 2 scum off wagon... why do you think it was split 3-2, given it appears to be t/t/t, why is it more likely there were 3 total scum on bozo and 2 off than all spread out?

@ Jamie - As i said above, I am going do another reread of Snow specifically looking at the protection Bo gave him... do you have a reason for believing he was busing Snow rather than just trying to gain favor with him and the town if he flips town? Furthermore, my recollection is that he was defending you a great deal as well... explanation for how it was different than snowy?

@ Snowy - haven't seen a readlist from you in awhile, can you enlighten us?

@ Ezio - Last message looks like you felt Thamrick should be next, is that still the case? can you present an argument for it?

@ Yav - If you think we should be waiting to lynch Darg (because you think he isnt the hooker?) who should we be lynching? ... and why do you think Darg isnt the hooker?

Jamiet99uk

#2474 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu May 24, 2018 1:31 pm

DrCJG wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 1:08 pm

@ Jamie - As i said above, I am going do another reread of Snow specifically looking at the protection Bo gave him... do you have a reason for believing he was busing Snow rather than just trying to gain favor with him and the town if he flips town? Furthermore, my recollection is that he was defending you a great deal as well... explanation for how it was different than snowy?
First question - I don't think Bo was bussing Snowy, I think he was protecting his team-mate. If Snowy flips town he was not playing to his win condition.

Second question - Bo mentioned me about half as much as he mentioned Snowy. In my case I think he was buddying me in the hope of manipulating my vote. Look at P.75 and P.77 when he tries to get me to vote for TrPrado.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2475 Post by rdrivera2005 » Thu May 24, 2018 3:24 pm

Our biggest problem right now is that we have only one myslinch left and we can't get to lylo with both Snowy and Ezio alive with this level of no participation.

So, either we lynch a sure scum tomorrow or we will need to lynch the scummiest of the two. If both are town as I suspect we already lost.

RagingIke297

#2476 Post by RagingIke297 » Thu May 24, 2018 3:32 pm

@DrCJG, with the exception of Bozo and confirmed scum, everyone you have voted for is currently still alive. What do you make of that?

DrCJG

#2477 Post by DrCJG » Thu May 24, 2018 4:15 pm

RagingIke297 wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 3:32 pm
@DrCJG, with the exception of Bozo and confirmed scum, everyone you have voted for is currently still alive. What do you make of that?
I am not sure I understand your question...

It is true that my scumlist (or at least those I have voted for) have routinely not be lynched. I suppose that means I am not making good enough arguments.

Of course my voting also hasn't been as sporadic as some... I have only voted for I believe a total of 7 people (TrPrado, Bozo, Yav, Ezio, Snowy, Bo, and Darg) through the 6 days.

yavuzovic

#2478 Post by yavuzovic » Thu May 24, 2018 4:27 pm

@ Yav - If you think we should be waiting to lynch Darg (because you think he isnt the hooker?) who should we be lynching? ... and why do you think Darg isnt the hooker?
I told neither we should lynch another person, nor that I don't think Darg isn't hooker. Don't show arguments depending on distorted evidences. I only reminded some odds and I neither withdrew my vote nor accused anybody. You've got the wrong point. Read me again.

RagingIke297

#2479 Post by RagingIke297 » Thu May 24, 2018 4:33 pm

DrCJG wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 4:15 pm
RagingIke297 wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 3:32 pm
I am not sure I understand your question...

It is true that my scumlist (or at least those I have voted for) have routinely not be lynched. I suppose that means I am not making good enough arguments.

Of course my voting also hasn't been as sporadic as some... I have only voted for I believe a total of 7 people (TrPrado, Bozo, Yav, Ezio, Snowy, Bo, and Darg) through the 6 days.
You understood it pretty well. You list Fox as a town read, what do you see that makes you read him that way?

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2480 Post by Tom Bombadil » Thu May 24, 2018 4:50 pm

Vote Count 6.2

Dargorygel (9): Jamiet99uk, yavuzovic, thamrick, DrCJG, TrPrado, RagingIke297, rdrivera2005, Foxcastle, snowy801

End Votes: 3/11: Jamiet99uk, thamrick, Foxcastle

The following players have yet to vote: dargorygel, Ezio

Currently dargorygel is set to be lynched.

There are 5 hours remaining in D6.