MAFIA 66: The Battle for Olympus - Game Thread [hidden]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
brainbomb

Re: MAFIA 66: The Battle for Olympus - Game Thread [hidden]

#1301 Post by brainbomb » Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:47 pm

Minotaurs bull rush people, and make a lot of noise between grunting, mooing, and the menacing sounds of their hooves clacking on the ground.

brainbomb

#1302 Post by brainbomb » Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:49 pm

Medusa would be a stalker

Vecna

#1303 Post by Vecna » Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:49 pm

Kakarroto wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:33 am
Vecna wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:38 am
Chaqa wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:43 pm

Well, I would evaluate that if Demon flips scum.

Or did you just scum slip?
What a strange interaction this was.....
this, I asked about this too before ... but somehow, nobody wants to read (or at least answer) to my wall posts ... strange ...

anyway, what me irked there was actually one layer above, celaphs question was quoting chaqa voting for demon ... but asking if kgray is bussing

now after a round of sleep and having a look at the vote tracker it seems this refers to kgray voting demon before this exchange happened.

Anyway, I guess I should take away from that, not doing these big wall posts I guess.
People have all foolishly made up their mind about chaqa that he did something, so he must totally be town now ;)

I read your walls. Mostly

foodcoats

#1304 Post by foodcoats » Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:49 pm

yavuzovic wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:30 am
Hamilton Brian wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:55 pm
I will say I feel like I have been somewhat cleared and it's really time to try to step up and make some cases of my own. It's not my strong suit.
Hamilton thinks he's cleared. I too don't think they both were mafia wagons and he probably is cleared. I think what he said is town indicative because it would be a bold statement from a mafia. Might as well be the werewolf.
You know what, I take back what I said about bona. Bona's vote to put Demon into the lead with 17 minutes... I dunno, does scum ever do that to their buddy? Wagons were tied.

I wonder about Maniac moving onto Hamilton Brian with three minutes to go. Didn't move to Kakarroto to tie, moved to HB... hmm...

Honestly it's very possible Kakarroto or HB are scum as well and that's why there wasn't more movement. Because I think with five scum you'd see an attempt to bolster a town wagon. The darg wagon was legit for a while and Kakarroto was not on at EOD, so his vote sitting on darg makes sense with him being scum and darg being the cop. But then, HB just sitting on brain? Was brain a viable wagon ever?

So I am thinking maybe Kakarroto is scum. His playful Chaotic-Good nature makes it difficult for me to view him as scum but the situation at EOD suggests maybe he was. At least, I think there were very possibly two scum wagons, and Kakarroto seems more likely than HB...

Heck maybe it's all three of 'em.

Vecna

#1305 Post by Vecna » Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:50 pm

celaph wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:35 am
Hamilton Brian wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:08 am
So in one of Demon's posts, they suggested their scumreads were Bona, Damo, RDR and townreads were brain, vecna, chaqa.

Simple scum ploy would be to alternate their reads with their teammates, right?

Does this somewhat clear Bona, Damo, and RDR?

Does it make more sus Brain, Vecna, and Chaqa?

Or is it simple enough to avoid mentioning their four other teammates at all?

I am feeling more town on brain. A little more sus on Vecna (really wanted to get people off of foodcoats) and still sus of Chaqa. But a big part of me makes me think they avoided mentioning their other 4 teammates.
Can you say more about why you identify Vecna trying to get people off food as scum Vecna? He had put food as his strongest townread earlier in the day so I'd quite frankly be suspicious if he did anything besides trying to protect him.
also quite puzzled by the statement. How is it suspicious to be herding people away from a (likely town) foodcoats, towards a wagon that resulted in a scumflip?

foodcoats

#1306 Post by foodcoats » Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:50 pm

Kakarroto wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:33 am
Vecna wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:38 am
Chaqa wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:43 pm

Well, I would evaluate that if Demon flips scum.

Or did you just scum slip?
What a strange interaction this was.....
this, I asked about this too before ... but somehow, nobody wants to read (or at least answer) to my wall posts ... strange ...

anyway, what me irked there was actually one layer above, celaphs question was quoting chaqa voting for demon ... but asking if kgray is bussing

now after a round of sleep and having a look at the vote tracker it seems this refers to kgray voting demon before this exchange happened.

Anyway, I guess I should take away from that, not doing these big wall posts I guess.
Speaking of "maybe Kakarroto is scum," this is a scummy post. Round and round the garden, like a teddy bear...

foodcoats

#1307 Post by foodcoats » Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:52 pm

damo666 wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:51 am
Hamilton Brian wrote:
So in one of Demon's posts, they suggested their scumreads were Bona, Damo, RDR and townreads were brain, vecna, chaqa.

I am feeling more town on brain. A little more sus on Vecna (really wanted to get people off of foodcoats) and still sus of Chaqa. But a big part of me makes me think they avoided mentioning their other 4 teammates.
My guess would be 1 scum in those 6 and the rest unmentioned.
Just mind-gaming here, with this interaction, I'd peg RDR and HB as scum.

foodcoats

#1308 Post by foodcoats » Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:54 pm

Kakarroto wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:13 am
Chaqa wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:56 am
Ghug, is Ghug scum?
*whisper* even when looking good, ghug might be eeevii~iil, eeeeviiiiii~iiil *whisper*

but if anyone is interested in my thoughts, I don't like how long ghug stayed on maniac and then goes to vote brain (D1 voting)

(also, if I were there at the end of D1, I probably would've voted for Hamilton and only go to Demon if I need to survive. The other wagons don't look that good, I might've voted instead bona but I feel I rather would've voted hamilton then. Just for reference and more information for you. You know, in case I die this night.)
I also found ghug's move to brain odd when I was looking at the vote record, but... ghug was calling brain scummy a lot all day long, and he even reinforced that he wasn't joking about that read when I called out and asked him if he really thought his scum reads were scummy. So if nothing else ghug reinforced that he legitimately thought brain was scum.

foodcoats

#1309 Post by foodcoats » Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:55 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:51 am
damo666 wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:28 am
@Jamie how's the head?

Mine is a bit erm heady.
I'm good thanks. I did most of my partying at the weekend.
"at" the weekend? "AT" the weekend?

Is this a weird shtick, a typo, or are British people just odd?

foodcoats

#1310 Post by foodcoats » Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:57 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:08 pm
you dont have to mention every player in the game but you seem to be struggling to mention most of them
Hmm, that is actually an interesting observation about damo. But, damo doing nothing D1 is NAI, I think? We'll have to see what damo does D2.

... IF LIVE THROUGH THE NIGHT HE DOES!

*screaming metal guitar solo*

brainbomb

#1311 Post by brainbomb » Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:57 pm

maybe he saw the weeknd live

brainbomb

#1312 Post by brainbomb » Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:57 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:57 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:08 pm
you dont have to mention every player in the game but you seem to be struggling to mention most of them
Hmm, that is actually an interesting observation about damo. But, damo doing nothing D1 is NAI, I think? We'll have to see what damo does D2.

... IF LIVE THROUGH THE NIGHT HE DOES!

*screaming metal guitar solo*
damo doing nothing is also his scum meta

foodcoats

#1313 Post by foodcoats » Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:58 pm

Kakarroto wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:18 pm
damo666 wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:31 am
Scumteam guess #1

Maniac brain yav rdr
hmmm{/i]

maniac hasn't put much into this game and what he wrote didn't look bad to me, his laying low is kinda in character but the longer it goes the worse he looks, don't like your assessment, but you get a pass for this one

I completely disagree with you on brain, but reading brain is his own science major and involves 3 decades of focussed study. He is however an easy pick to throw shade if you are mafia.

regarding yav I haven't had much time and what I've read looked okish, since I have nothing to do with coding I didn't get some of his early posts. He was voting hamilton at the end of D1 so that gives me a good tick for him (at least if my feeling that hamilton is bad is correct)

and rd, beginning was slow, seemed like he had a rough day then, the end of D1 looked also kinda good on him (ending on hamilton, look above)

conclusion on the comment for your scum team 1:
right now, I mostly disagree with you here, please let us see your other teams

I think when one is scum it is easy to look at town!brain and think, "I can make him look scummy," but he actually looks pretty solidly town when you're town.

foodcoats

#1314 Post by foodcoats » Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:58 pm

Oh god dammit how'd those italics infect my post too?

foodcoats

#1315 Post by foodcoats » Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:59 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:38 pm
if Inventor gives me a gun I will be blasting bona back into the 1970s
Nah don't do that. Why does scum!bona vote Demon into the lead with 17 minutes to go? Unless he is Master of the Giant Balls.

brainbomb

#1316 Post by brainbomb » Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:00 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:58 pm
Kakarroto wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:18 pm
damo666 wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:31 am
Scumteam guess #1

Maniac brain yav rdr
hmmm{/i]

maniac hasn't put much into this game and what he wrote didn't look bad to me, his laying low is kinda in character but the longer it goes the worse he looks, don't like your assessment, but you get a pass for this one

I completely disagree with you on brain, but reading brain is his own science major and involves 3 decades of focussed study. He is however an easy pick to throw shade if you are mafia.

regarding yav I haven't had much time and what I've read looked okish, since I have nothing to do with coding I didn't get some of his early posts. He was voting hamilton at the end of D1 so that gives me a good tick for him (at least if my feeling that hamilton is bad is correct)

and rd, beginning was slow, seemed like he had a rough day then, the end of D1 looked also kinda good on him (ending on hamilton, look above)

conclusion on the comment for your scum team 1:
right now, I mostly disagree with you here, please let us see your other teams

I think when one is scum it is easy to look at town!brain and think, "I can make him look scummy," but he actually looks pretty solidly town when you're town.

I usually think this way about bozo. that when im scum bozo is a easy target but oddly enough people fear the little tricks bozo pulls off

foodcoats

#1317 Post by foodcoats » Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:00 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:49 pm
Medusa would be a stalker
No, medusa is that role where if you visit them they kill you. DUH.

foodcoats

#1318 Post by foodcoats » Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:02 pm

Vecna wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:50 pm
celaph wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:35 am
Hamilton Brian wrote:

Can you say more about why you identify Vecna trying to get people off food as scum Vecna? He had put food as his strongest townread earlier in the day so I'd quite frankly be suspicious if he did anything besides trying to protect him.
also quite puzzled by the statement. How is it suspicious to be herding people away from a (likely town) foodcoats, towards a wagon that resulted in a scumflip?
Because we're the scum team.

*meanwhile in maf QT*
lol no we're not

foodcoats

#1319 Post by foodcoats » Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:02 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:57 pm
maybe he saw the weeknd live
Damn. Sharp retort. One witty point to brainbomb.

brainbomb

#1320 Post by brainbomb » Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:07 pm

FROM THE MAF QT

Hades: *evil laughter* I have devised a plan to use our driver to make it impossible to save dargoflargo. He will be devoured!!!

bonatogether: Im not sure dargo is our best target. his posts have been mostly NAI so far.

Krakken: Muahahaha this town will suffer and die. Release me! I will devour these mortal imbeciles.

bonatogether: Im not sure we should release you yet. your posts have mostly been NAI.

Skeletor: We ran out of greek bad guys so I am here as well. By the power of greyskull bitch.

bonatogether: This doesnt fit with greek canon. Too NAI for my liking