MAFIA LVIII (58) - WITCHFINDER GENERAL - GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: MAFIA LVIII (58) - WITCHFINDER GENERAL - GAME THREAD

#4021 Post by dargorygel » Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:53 pm

Great game, all!
Congratulations to town, who worked together for the most part... deduced, deducted and inferred. And won...

Bozo had a tough row to hoe... well done, mate!

And scum... :-)

thanks for playing, everyone...

seth24c

#4022 Post by seth24c » Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:00 pm

bo_sox48 wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:07 pm
I'll play a mini.

Thanks for the sympathy acknowledgement, worcej, but there's blame to go around. I had a beat on damo N1 and should have insisted on killing him, for one. Ghug and I could have played up the theater to the point that there was no way we were teammates. We also could have rearranged our time a little bit to be online at EOD and bus Chaqa, but neither of us could have been on at EODs for the most part. I think town made a mistake assuming that early voters on Chaqa were clean, but it worked out since we just couldn't be there and effectively towncleared half the field. Town on fair and square in this one; yall beat all four of us.
This is what I was worried about the day before I was killed, chaqa being the first scum to be flipped made me suspect there could have at least been one person who wasn’t what they seemed. That’s why I was trying to read up on and investigate several people who weren’t on the radar as particularly scummy. Looking back it definitely makes sense to try to focus on the obvious suspects first though.

BunnyGo

#4023 Post by BunnyGo » Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:17 am

xorxes wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 4:05 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:55 pm
Confession: when I said I thought I knew a PR and they had cleared Rdr, I just knew that Rdr was the other PR.

Good game, all!
It was pretty obvious from the outside that you two were the last PRs. Bo even left a message to Bob to NK rivera, but I guess he missed it.

Even if the 3p was the warlock, town was at autowin. They just had to make PRs claim and only the clears vote for the DK, so that the warlock could not cash in their prediction. I was thinking bozo was the warlock because he had not brought this strategy up.
Not quite autowin. There’s a CC battle to fight. And if a Warlock wins on their third called shot...

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4024 Post by Hamilton Brian » Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:23 am

When Bo said something about looking for fresh blood, I thought he was leaking he might have been Cromwell.

Hellenic Riot
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#4025 Post by Hellenic Riot » Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:47 am

Sadly the setup ruled out the super-fun Warlock strategy of making your final prediction on yourself and then making a bad cc to deliberately get yourself daykilled and win.

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#4026 Post by bo_sox48 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:52 am

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:23 am
When Bo said something about looking for fresh blood, I thought he was leaking he might have been Cromwell.
That's exactly what I was doing and planning to claim, but when I was on the block claiming would have likely put Bob up for the kill, and then I'd die in the following days in a counterclaim.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4027 Post by Chaqa » Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:37 am

We were just one vote away from me executing Hamilton. Oh well.

EMC and I might GM M59, but I've been slammed with work for months and haven't fleshed out that setup yet, but I have other ones I could run if needed. Probably won't be playing for a bit, but I can be the new Dargo or Flum and co-GM as needed.

damo666

#4028 Post by damo666 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:05 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:17 am
xorxes wrote:
Foxcastle wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:55 pm
Confession: when I said I thought I knew a PR and they had cleared Rdr, I just knew that Rdr was the other PR.

Good game, all!
It was pretty obvious from the outside that you two were the last PRs. Bo even left a message to Bob to NK rivera, but I guess he missed it.

Even if the 3p was the warlock, town was at autowin. They just had to make PRs claim and only the clears vote for the DK, so that the warlock could not cash in their prediction. I was thinking bozo was the warlock because he had not brought this strategy up.
Not quite autowin. There’s a CC battle to fight. And if a Warlock wins on their third called shot...
And the warlock could still guess correctly

xorxes

#4029 Post by xorxes » Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:18 pm

damo666 wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:05 am
BunnyGo wrote:
xorxes wrote:

If the warlock counterclaims, then there's ten clears instead of three. That's not an issue.

You just make every non-clear vote for a vanity wagon. Then the warlock can't vote for whoever is the DK and therefore their guess does not count.

Even if the warlock needed only one more prediction, and so did not care to expose themselves with their vote at the last second, you could prevent that by hammering and giving the clears the last three hammer votes.

damo666

#4030 Post by damo666 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:52 pm

xorxes wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:18 pm
damo666 wrote:
BunnyGo wrote:

If the warlock counterclaims, then there's ten clears instead of three. That's not an issue.

You just make every non-clear vote for a vanity wagon. Then the warlock can't vote for whoever is the DK and therefore their guess does not count.

Even if the warlock needed only one more prediction, and so did not care to expose themselves with their vote at the last second, you could prevent that by hammering and giving the clears the last three hammer votes.
Don't understand 10. Aren't there 2 clears and 1 cc pair. Also I don't see how the hammer helps. 10 players left, 8 self vote (with hammer but irrelevant), the 2 un cc'd clears vote for same person. This just happens to be the warlock's 3rd prediction having already got 2 right. He switches at last second to win. Have I missed something?

PS @Xorxes why aren't you playing?

xorxes

#4031 Post by xorxes » Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:03 pm

damo666 wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:52 pm
xorxes wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:18 pm
damo666 wrote:

Don't understand 10. Aren't there 2 clears and 1 cc pair. Also I don't see how the hammer helps. 10 players left, 8 self vote (with hammer but irrelevant), the 2 un cc'd clears vote for same person. This just happens to be the warlock's 3rd prediction having already got 2 right. He switches at last second to win. Have I missed something?

PS @Xorxes why aren't you playing?
Every VT becomes a clear if warlock cc's a PR.

All the clears (whether it's the three PRs or the two clear PRs plus all the clear VTs), vote for the DK. All the unclears (i.e. the warlock and either the one cc'd PR or all the VTs) vote vanity. If the warlock refuses to vote vanity, they reveal themselves.

Yes, the warlock could win by guessing who the clears are going to kill and switching at the last second (which means they would have to be ready for when the clears decide to hammer), but also only if they had already guessed two times correctly before.

I don't have enough time to play for the time being...

worcej

#4032 Post by worcej » Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:11 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:37 am
We were just one vote away from me executing Hamilton. Oh well.

EMC and I might GM M59, but I've been slammed with work for months and haven't fleshed out that setup yet, but I have other ones I could run if needed. Probably won't be playing for a bit, but I can be the new Dargo or Flum and co-GM as needed.
I've submitted my next game's format already to the council and could move up as needed.