MAFIA LVIII (58) - WITCHFINDER GENERAL - GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Jamiet99uk

Re: MAFIA LVIII (58) - WITCHFINDER GENERAL - GAME THREAD

#101 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:04 am

VOTE COUNT 1.1

Vecna (2) - bozotheclown, TrPrado
Durga (2) - ghug, damo666
BismarckAlive (1) - BunnyGo
Damo666 (1) - Vecna

Currently NOBODY is set to have anything happen to them.

33 hours and 55 minutes remain in the Day.

damo666

#102 Post by damo666 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:06 am

Vecna wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:00 am
I am so enlightened now that I know my odds of guessing everyones exact role.

##vote Damo
Thought you might be.

Vecna

#103 Post by Vecna » Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:09 am

And im also really surprised that the people that havent posted yet havent complied yet.

Silly scum-scum damo trying to appear to be such a good boy

damo666

#104 Post by damo666 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:22 am

Vecna wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:09 am
And im also really surprised that the people that havent posted yet havent complied yet.

Silly scum-scum damo trying to appear to be such a good boy
If I were scum I wouldn't hesitate to comply since there is a 2/3 chance there is no town lie detector in play.

Compliance is therefore NAI imo.

Non-compliance does look dodgy though.

Pushing the concept as scum would be a gamble with downside (if there is a town lie detector) and no upside if it garners no town credit as Vecna's above post would suggest.

I therefore conjecture that pushing the concept is more town indicative than scum/3p indicative.

damo666

#105 Post by damo666 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:25 am

Hopefully the 7 non compliers will do so soon and we can move on.

I would also like the 2 quasi compliers to comply properly.

Vecna

#106 Post by Vecna » Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:08 pm

both pushing it and complying is NAI.

It was going to get suggested regardless by someone. A lie detector only has two shots and would get plenty of material to choose from.

The only people not complying have been drunk durga and people that havent posted.

Therefore, this has been one of the worst gamestarts ive encountered in quite some time for town, since scum had a way too easy time evading those awkward initial engagements.

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#107 Post by Hamilton Brian » Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:22 pm

Good morning everyone; sitting here on the shores of Lake Ontario in the rain. Scrolling back to check the start.

I win when Mafia and Third Party are defeated.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#108 Post by rdrivera2005 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:00 pm

Vecna wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:08 pm

It was going to get suggested regardless by someone. A lie detector only has two shots and would get plenty of material to choose from.

The only people not complying have been drunk durga and people that havent posted.

Therefore, this has been one of the worst gamestarts ive encountered in quite some time for town, since scum had a way too easy time evading those awkward initial engagements.
Agree with Vecna here, both that it's NAI and that it highjacked the thread, but don't know what could have been done differently since it was suggested.

I think we need to move on.

Bozo idea isn't bad if everybody really post the hypos,but we need at least a good amount of people agreeing on it and also actually posting it close to EON for it work and not backfire. Not sure it's worth the risk

Foxcastle

#109 Post by Foxcastle » Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:04 pm

A riddle for you all. You are standing before two guards in front of two doors. One of the doors leads to death and the other to freedom, while one of the guards always tells the truth and the other always lies. Unfortunately, you die of starvation while BunnyGo works out the logic problem, but even if you didn't, Jamiet modkills you for asking tricky questions.

Oh, right, riddles are supposed to have a question. Okay, here goes. Given the setup described above, why does the lie detector waste their question no matter how much town tries to help them out?

But I would hate to run afoul of Damo the enforcer, so.

I don't not lose when teams other than the Mafia or Third Party are not undefeated.

I don't want to logic it out or bother with Jamiet being cagey about what the Lie Detector will actually return, but if town/3P make a statement about another player being scum (or not being scum), testing that statement should return unclear (since they don't actually know), but for scum it should return true/false (since they do know). (I win when Mafia and Third Party are defeated.) So if the Lie Detector tests Player X on a "Q is not scum" statement and it returns unclear, we should know that X is town; but if it returns true/false, we know both that X is scum and that Q is/isn't town.

Based on first impressions, I think Bozo and Vecna are town and TrPrado is not. Damo is probably town for jumping on Durga for not complying immediately with the article of faith and variously trying to enforce compliance. (As if scum are really going to not comply. Of course they are.)

Rdrivera, why do you hate on me for my spreadsheets but tolerate Damo's trash probability calculations? He just did a bunch of calculations to show "tOwN beTTeR kiLl sCuM!1!" What is the point of him doing that besides looking busy?

I do not like Bozo's hypothetical claims idea. I don't think you'll get enough compliance to actually make it work, so I haven't thought about it on its merits further than that.

BismarckAlive

#110 Post by BismarckAlive » Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:22 pm

Here I am! It all started when, alas! I was sleeping, then a whole day's teaching. Hence sincere apologies for my absence.

BismarckAlive

#111 Post by BismarckAlive » Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:39 pm

##Vote Damo666

Methinks that there boy is scum-at-heart.

Vecna

#112 Post by Vecna » Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:53 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:04 pm
A riddle for you all. You are standing before two guards in front of two doors. One of the doors leads to death and the other to freedom, while one of the guards always tells the truth and the other always lies. Unfortunately, you die of starvation while BunnyGo works out the logic problem, but even if you didn't, Jamiet modkills you for asking tricky questions.

Oh, right, riddles are supposed to have a question. Okay, here goes. Given the setup described above, why does the lie detector waste their question no matter how much town tries to help them out?

But I would hate to run afoul of Damo the enforcer, so.

I don't not lose when teams other than the Mafia or Third Party are not undefeated.

I don't want to logic it out or bother with Jamiet being cagey about what the Lie Detector will actually return, but if town/3P make a statement about another player being scum (or not being scum), testing that statement should return unclear (since they don't actually know), but for scum it should return true/false (since they do know). (I win when Mafia and Third Party are defeated.) So if the Lie Detector tests Player X on a "Q is not scum" statement and it returns unclear, we should know that X is town; but if it returns true/false, we know both that X is scum and that Q is/isn't town.

Based on first impressions, I think Bozo and Vecna are town and TrPrado is not. Damo is probably town for jumping on Durga for not complying immediately with the article of faith and variously trying to enforce compliance. (As if scum are really going to not comply. Of course they are.)

Rdrivera, why do you hate on me for my spreadsheets but tolerate Damo's trash probability calculations? He just did a bunch of calculations to show "tOwN beTTeR kiLl sCuM!1!" What is the point of him doing that besides looking busy?

I do not like Bozo's hypothetical claims idea. I don't think you'll get enough compliance to actually make it work, so I haven't thought about it on its merits further than that.
Why u trying to get Rdrivera to attack someone you townread tho?

Vecna

#113 Post by Vecna » Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:57 pm

Also, I cannot help but feel that Bozo's idea would be truely helpfull to that second 3rd party thingy that needs to control/eliminate all PRs.

Agenda Bozo? You wanna infiltrate them PR's buddy?

Foxcastle

#114 Post by Foxcastle » Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:05 pm

Vecna wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:53 pm
Because I want Rdrivera to distribute his condemnations consistently.

Why are you suggesting that I shouldn’t ask Rdrivera to take a position on Damo?

What are your town reads, Vecna? I need to know so that later on, I can call you out for moving away from the reactions you had 16 hours into day one. /s

Durga

#115 Post by Durga » Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:08 pm

I'm alive but I haven't read anything yet. Sup

Foxcastle

#116 Post by Foxcastle » Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:19 pm

Durga wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:08 pm
I'm alive but I haven't read anything yet. Sup
Since you haven’t read anything, who do you think is the best scum player, best town player (VT), and best town PR player on the list?

damo666

#117 Post by damo666 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:19 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:00 pm
Vecna wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:08 pm

Agree with Vecna here, both that it's NAI and that it highjacked the thread, but don't know what could have been done differently since it was suggested.

I think we need to move on.

Bozo idea isn't bad if everybody really post the hypos,but we need at least a good amount of people agreeing on it and also actually posting it close to EON for it work and not backfire. Not sure it's worth the risk
Definitely not worth the risk imo.

damo666

#118 Post by damo666 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:23 pm

@Fox

I like your logic.

The arithmetic is basically to point out this is a very complicated scenario. I would the odds at outset (notwithstanding who fills the teams) are roughly

4/5 Mafia
Ev Town
16-1 3p

damo666

#119 Post by damo666 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:28 pm

damo666 wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:44 am
Yet to comply

Bismarck
Bo*
Durga
Sarah*
Worcej*

Yet to speak.

IF (big IF) all the current compliers are truthsayers the above list comprises the scum team and 3p.

Just saying.

Vecna

#120 Post by Vecna » Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:51 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:05 pm
Vecna wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:53 pm
Because I want Rdrivera to distribute his condemnations consistently.

Why are you suggesting that I shouldn’t ask Rdrivera to take a position on Damo?

What are your town reads, Vecna? I need to know so that later on, I can call you out for moving away from the reactions you had 16 hours into day one. /s
Im sure theres something wrong with this post that I should be scumreading you for