wD Mafia Master Post

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Kitsune

Re: wD Mafia Master Post

#261 Post by Kitsune » Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:09 am

Sign-up page going up within the next 12 hours!

Time for some thrilling heroics 8-)

worcej

#262 Post by worcej » Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:54 pm

FlaviusAetius wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:14 pm
@worcej my discord is FlaviusAetitus1#3314
Please contact me there I have three different ideas
Sent btw!

Temasek22

#263 Post by Temasek22 » Mon Dec 23, 2019 12:51 am

Hosu and I would like to claim M59

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#264 Post by dargorygel » Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:07 pm

M 52 Nephthys
M 53 Kitsune, Ike
M 54 Chaqa
M 55 worcej
M 56 ND
M 57 Kitsune, Chaqa
M 58
M 59 Temasek22, ItsHosuke
M 60 Avengers Ike
M 61 Kitsune, emc
M 62
M 63
M 64
M 65 Kitsune, darg

brainbomb

#265 Post by brainbomb » Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:09 pm

We have a mafia forum now
http://sockdrawermafia.net/

if ya miss me I posted signups for a feb game
webdippers welcome

foodcoats

#266 Post by foodcoats » Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:48 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:09 pm
This sounds like some kind of masturbation cult.

Foxcastle

#267 Post by Foxcastle » Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:08 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:48 pm
brainbomb wrote:
This sounds like some kind of masturbation cult.
Yeah, he already said it was a mafia community.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#268 Post by Chaqa » Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:55 pm

brainbomb wrote:
We have a mafia forum now

if ya miss me I posted signups for a feb game
webdippers welcome
Proboards... wow. I haven't heard that name since 2007 or so.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#269 Post by Chaqa » Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:40 pm

For M53 - Neph was supposed to GM, but I believe he's requested a delay again. I am next in line, but I'm on vacation from Feb. 7 to Feb. 15. I was thinking I could do signups that day while starting the game on February 17. How does that sound?

So basically - Fox's Mini-Mafia, then sign-ups for mine, then M53 starting Feb. 17?

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#270 Post by dargorygel » Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:16 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:40 pm
For M53 - Neph was supposed to GM, but I believe he's requested a delay again. I am next in line, but I'm on vacation from Feb. 7 to Feb. 15. I was thinking I could do signups that day while starting the game on February 17. How does that sound?

So basically - Fox's Mini-Mafia, then sign-ups for mine, then M53 starting Feb. 17?
I endorse this
Thanks Chaqa

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#271 Post by dargorygel » Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:17 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:40 pm

I endorse this
Thanks Chaqa

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#272 Post by dargorygel » Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:18 pm

Twice, even...

BobMcBob

#273 Post by BobMcBob » Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:26 am

Good news! I'm no longer on holiday, so I may be able to join mafia games again.

Also, would anyone like to co-gm a game with day-doctors, day-janitors, house-to-house commuters, vigilantes that have to have visited their targets before killing them, and whatever other ridiculous shenanigans I can get by the mafia council?

brainbomb

#274 Post by brainbomb » Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:00 pm

M 58
Request
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Travelers_(TV_series)

brainbomb gm
co gm open
Setup: Travelers
21 players
48/24

Hundreds of years in the future, the last surviving humans discover a way of sending consciousness back through time, directly into people in the 21st century -- "travelers," who assume the lives of seemingly random people. They're also secretly working as teams to perform missions in order to save humanity from a terrible future

4 Town Pr

2 shot Commuter
At night you may decide to commute, leaving the game. You will not be able to be targeted by anything. You win when travelers eliminate Faction.

Doctor
At night you may choose another player to protect. You may not target a player twice in a row. any attacks on that player will fail. You win when travelers eliminates Faction.

Historian
You are Phillip Pearson.
Upon death you will reveal a random players role and alignment. You win when Travelers have eliminated Faction.

Programmer
You are Grace Day. You came back in time and reset the director to protect it from Faction interference. Any night phase you may use a backdoor hack to reset the director. Resetting the director in this manner will allow it to overwrite and kill any faction member in posession of an electronic device. You win when town eliminates Faction.

Engineer
You are Trevor Holden (Traveler 0115), the team's engineer and one of the oldest humans ever, who assumes the life of a high school athlete. At night you may create and hand out an item at random to any player. You win when town eliminates Faction.

Random items:
Motion Sensor - detects any movement by target
Cell Phone - Allows a private QT with trevor 1 day phase
Gun - gifts a 1 shot gun
Firewall - prevents being factional roleblocked
Vest - prevents 1 shot. remains on until used up.

5 Faction (Mafia)
Faction intends to topple the Director and break its despotic control over human society and time travel. They believe humanity, and not a machine, should make the decisions affecting its own survival. After deflecting asteroid Helios-615 failed to affect the future, Faction members decided to take the past into their own hands.

Faction will have a factional roleblock. As long as 001 is alive there is no traditional factional kill.

001 - At night you choose another player. You will abduct them and interrogate them in a private chat. You may choose to execute them by overwriting them. This janitors the target leaving no trace of their role. Your action functions as a jailor who can execute by janitorizing. You win when town is defeated.

Drug Dealer - You are Jenny the drug dealer. at night you visit someone and they become addicted to narcotic eye drops. Anyone targeted in this manner will lose their action for the night. If you target a person twice they will develop a tolerance to the drops and they will no longer work.

Goon
Goon
Goon

foodcoats

#275 Post by foodcoats » Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:07 pm

Hello, webDip Mafia players!

I would like to propose that wD Mafia adopt a Player Code of Conduct into the rules. Nothing fancy, just something like:

"All webDip Mafia participants agree to treat other players with respect, play with good sportsmanship, and refrain from making personal attacks."

The purpose of such a Code is not to give admins, mods or GMs a tool to ban or otherwise punish players. The goal is to have an aspirational vision for how we expect players and the community at large to conduct itself during the game, making it a more fun, inclusive and competitive place as a result.

I've been mulling this over for several months not least because I have acted at times contrary to the spirit of this Code. In the most recent game of mini-mafia, I made a rude and inappropriate remark to another player. I think that the entire player pool should've felt comfortable in saying something to the effect of, "Hey, foodcoats, you need to cool it." I immediately knew what I said was wrong and I don't doubt others felt the same way. Similarly, I've found myself in situations where I was surprised or upset at the behaviour of other players and wondered why we permitted things to get so out of control.

Mafia is a game that naturally leads to hot heads, and this is undoubtedly exacerbated on the Internet with the effects of anonymity and a lack of body language. But much as in academia, politics, or any other arena of competitive debate, ground rules create a better experience for all. Furthermore, this should not be a burden that GMs have to carry on their own: as a community, we need to know the kind of game space we want to foster.

Finally, there are two oft-heard laments here: a lack of new players, and a "toxic" environment. I think this might address both.

My 2 :points:

brainbomb

#276 Post by brainbomb » Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:15 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:07 pm
Hello, webDip Mafia players!

I would like to propose that wD Mafia adopt a Player Code of Conduct into the rules. Nothing fancy, just something like:

"All webDip Mafia participants agree to treat other players with respect, play with good sportsmanship, and refrain from making personal attacks."

The purpose of such a Code is not to give admins, mods or GMs a tool to ban or otherwise punish players. The goal is to have an aspirational vision for how we expect players and the community at large to conduct itself during the game, making it a more fun, inclusive and competitive place as a result.

I've been mulling this over for several months not least because I have acted at times contrary to the spirit of this Code. In the most recent game of mini-mafia, I made a rude and inappropriate remark to another player. I think that the entire player pool should've felt comfortable in saying something to the effect of, "Hey, foodcoats, you need to cool it." I immediately knew what I said was wrong and I don't doubt others felt the same way. Similarly, I've found myself in situations where I was surprised or upset at the behaviour of other players and wondered why we permitted things to get so out of control.

Mafia is a game that naturally leads to hot heads, and this is undoubtedly exacerbated on the Internet with the effects of anonymity and a lack of body language. But much as in academia, politics, or any other arena of competitive debate, ground rules create a better experience for all. Furthermore, this should not be a burden that GMs have to carry on their own: as a community, we need to know the kind of game space we want to foster.

Finally, there are two oft-heard laments here: a lack of new players, and a "toxic" environment. I think this might address both.

My 2 :points:
as a past offender of this
I say sure. On mu you cant even call people stupid for example

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#277 Post by Chaqa » Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:48 pm

I would think the site's rules would be enough to cover this behavior?

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#278 Post by DemonRHK » Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:29 am

I would like to request a chance to GM/Run a setup at the next available opening.

For reference, I am open to running either:

- Astraight vanilla game

OR

- A 'RHK Special'

with the gimmick this time being 'Formable PRs' based on the concept of forming nations from many Paradox grand strategy games (You can "take" the lands/tags from dead players. Ex: England, Scotland, and Ireland can all form GB/UK if the other 2 are dead), with dynamic player choice to determine their route to advancing (Ex: England can choose either UNITY or NEW WORLD. UNITY gives extra power if they form GB, but NEW WORLD allows them to resurrect as the US if they die)

brainbomb

#279 Post by brainbomb » Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:21 pm

DemonRHK wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:29 am
I would like to request a chance to GM/Run a setup at the next available opening.

For reference, I am open to running either:

- Astraight vanilla game

OR

- A 'RHK Special'

with the gimmick this time being 'Formable PRs' based on the concept of forming nations from many Paradox grand strategy games (You can "take" the lands/tags from dead players. Ex: England, Scotland, and Ireland can all form GB/UK if the other 2 are dead), with dynamic player choice to determine their route to advancing (Ex: England can choose either UNITY or NEW WORLD. UNITY gives extra power if they form GB, but NEW WORLD allows them to resurrect as the US if they die)
you can have my m58.
changed my mind

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#280 Post by Chaqa » Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:15 am

Is this signup list accurate?

M 55 worcej
M 56 ND
M 57 Kitsune, Chaqa
M 58