Forum Public Press Game Thread

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Minister of Silly Walks

Re: Forum Public Press Game Thread

#401 Post by Minister of Silly Walks » Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:33 pm

TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:02 pm
Minister of Silly Walks wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:18 pm
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:02 am

To Austria for the time being I don't feel comfortable committing to cutting Constantinople as that would leave me at risk of facing a Con S Syria-Smyrna BLA-Ank play which would not be a completely crazy turtle strategy as the classic way to defend against the Lepanto is to make the Italian or the Austrian turn on the other by making it take forever. What I will say is I'll randomly choose between attacking Constantinople or support holding Ankara. This allows us two methods for success. Either he chooses to support himself into Smy assuming I'm going to cut him thus leaving Bulgaria to you whether I cut or not OR I do cut his attempted support hold and you get it whether no matter what he does with Con at the risk of me losing Smy.
If you attack both Con and Syr, you run no risk of losing Smy because whichever of the two gives support it will be cut.
Not true. If I attack Con with Smy and Syr with EMS Con S Syr-Smy still succeeds because a unit can't cut support to a territory it originated from.
Sorry, I just never noticed that. A switch it is, then.

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#402 Post by Squigs44 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:39 pm

TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:03 pm
Squigs44 wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:49 pm
Italy: The only way to ensure France doesn't get a build is for me to go to Marseilles with your support. That is the order I have entered here. If you support me in, I understand that this is a short term thing, and evetually I will be able to take Paris and vacate Marseilles for you to take. If you are uncomfortable with me in Marseilles, let me know and I can adjust my attack, but know that France would get a build, which would hurt our ability to make further advances on him. Just let me know what you want.

England: I have entered a supported attack on Sweden. I expect you will enter the supported attack on Norway. There was a little bit of buzz around possibly giving me Belgium, but since there was nothing concrete I am not going to move there until you tell me to. You definitely could use a build right now.
I'll support you in on the condition that you vacate Marseilles in the Spring or Autumn of next year.
Done

Temasek22

#403 Post by Temasek22 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:03 am

The Minister of Silly Walks wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:08 pm
Russia, both England and Germany are working against both of us, and I think that it is in both of our interests to defeat them. With that being said, would you consider working together? You are already doing good things against England in Scandinavia, but you have to figure out what to do about STP. This round I am going to take Portugal so that I can get another build, and I will also be trying to prevent Germany from getting further. Next round we can reevaluate. At this point, I think that supporting Turkey is a lost cause, but unfortunately that is distracting many of your units from the Germans and British. I would have more to say if you had more troops to use against the Germans.
Fair enough I suppose. I'll see what I could do.

TheFlyingBoat

#404 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:44 am

Squigs44 wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:39 pm
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:03 pm
Squigs44 wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:49 pm
Italy: The only way to ensure France doesn't get a build is for me to go to Marseilles with your support. That is the order I have entered here. If you support me in, I understand that this is a short term thing, and evetually I will be able to take Paris and vacate Marseilles for you to take. If you are uncomfortable with me in Marseilles, let me know and I can adjust my attack, but know that France would get a build, which would hurt our ability to make further advances on him. Just let me know what you want.

England: I have entered a supported attack on Sweden. I expect you will enter the supported attack on Norway. There was a little bit of buzz around possibly giving me Belgium, but since there was nothing concrete I am not going to move there until you tell me to. You definitely could use a build right now.
I'll support you in on the condition that you vacate Marseilles in the Spring or Autumn of next year.
Done
Done

goldfinger0303
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#405 Post by goldfinger0303 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:50 pm

Oh hey look the powers that are communicating are sweeping the board against those that are not.

:pikachu face

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#406 Post by Squigs44 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:53 am

Don't worry Italy and England, Ill take care of you this next year. I understand the importance of keeping good allies.

Minister of Silly Walks

#407 Post by Minister of Silly Walks » Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:17 am

Looks like the 80% of won guesses didn't work this time, did it? I think we can try and collect some statistics by the end of the game.

jmo1121109
Lifetime Site Contributor

#408 Post by jmo1121109 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 2:47 am

If you guys wish to cancel this game in light of the banning's we will accommodate. Though their cheating in this game was very minimal and replacements could also be found. You can email us at [email protected] IF YOU ARE IN THE GAME with your preference.

Thanks,
WebDip Admin

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#409 Post by Squigs44 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:21 am

Huh... how odd

TheFlyingBoat

#410 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:57 am

Did not see that one coming...

anlari

#411 Post by anlari » Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:30 am

Hi everyone. I have taken over France.

I don't have time to read all of the past messages, but from the board I can tell that Italy, Germany and England have been cooperating against France. I hope that will change.

I am fighting for survival, and it should not be a surprise for anyone that my only current aim is to take back my home SC at Marseilles.

England: Your cooperation with Germany might work well for the time being, but do you not wonder where those German fleets will go once Russian SCs bordering the Baltic are taken? As a gesture of good will, I will disband my fleet in EC and build an army. I am not a threat to you and I would be willing to cooperate on invading Germany.

Italy: I can see that you are aiming towards the East and mainly have defensive concerns against me. You don't stand to gain anything from my collapse - an enlarged Germany would be even more of a threat. If you help me into Marseilles, I can promise to build only armies and keep my fleet far away. This way we have each other's back.

Temasek22

#412 Post by Temasek22 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:43 am

Oof RIP MOSW and TMOSW, why did the Chester use such similar usernames?

Who were they anyways?

Temasek22

#413 Post by Temasek22 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:43 am

*cheater not Chester

anlari

#414 Post by anlari » Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:58 am

England: In case the extent of my gesture of good will is not clear, please note that I could have retreated to Wales, which would have guaranteed me to take Lvp in the next turn, and become a significant nuisance afterwards. This would have been great for Germany of course - they already got Sweden, and know that you are potential future foe, so any delay you would have in your future advances serves them well.

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#415 Post by Squigs44 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:12 am

anlari wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:30 am
As a gesture of good will, I will disband my fleet in EC and build an army. I am not a threat to you and I would be willing to cooperate on invading Germany.
If I weren't Germany I would be so happy to see this. This is the best press for France yet. It might even be the best press of the game, depending on if England wants to make enemies with Germany or get gains from France.

My gesture of good will to England is a double army build and supports for your moves against France and Russia. Remember that France can't help you against Russia, and if you anger me I can always support Russia against you in return.

anlari

#416 Post by anlari » Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:35 am

Squigs44 wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:12 am
anlari wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:30 am
As a gesture of good will, I will disband my fleet in EC and build an army. I am not a threat to you and I would be willing to cooperate on invading Germany.
If I weren't Germany I would be so happy to see this. This is the best press for France yet. It might even be the best press of the game, depending on if England wants to make enemies with Germany or get gains from France.

My gesture of good will to England is a double army build and supports for your moves against France and Russia. Remember that France can't help you against Russia, and if you anger me I can always support Russia against you in return.
I have read a bit more of the past press, and want to applaud Germany for being a formidable foe and a wily diplomat by positioning themselves as the coordinator of attacks against me. This has allowed them to maneuver England and Italy into positions that are advantageous to Germany. German units in Mar and Sweden, while England and Italy are yet to get anything out of this alliance.

Sure, Germany can promise to build armies, but isn't England interested in Belgium and Brest? German armies are as much a threat to those positions as fleets. They are already in Marseilles, and will be in Burgundy and Paris by next year if England doesn't change course. From there it takes only another year to encircle and take Brest and/or Belgium. England might think this is just speculation, but once France is eliminated, Germany will have to choose between Italy and England. And I am sure relying on Italian fleets to secure the western flank would seem like a good idea.

Last but not least: It is true that I might not be able to help England against Russia, other than by securing their southern flank. But would Russia really cooperate with Germany while Germany holds Sweden? More importantly, Russia seems to be focused on Austria, while being on track to lose Norway and SPT in the north. Perhaps Russia could be persuaded to give up Norway peacefully, and help England into Denmark, in exchange of keeping SPT and taking Sweden and Berlin? England could also gain Netherlands and Kiel out of a three way alliance against Germany. Due to my current position of weakness, I would only ask for Marseilles and Munich, and commit not to building fleets in the north.

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#417 Post by Squigs44 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:47 am

France, where were you when I needed a reasonable and talented French ally at the beginning of the game? Your effort is certainly a breath of fresh air here.

Claesar

#418 Post by Claesar » Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:19 am

It is. Very impressed with this new French player! Well done, Anlari.

That said, this game no longer interests me. MOSW and I had a great thing going where he was successfully acting as me. It's a shame that I failed to pick up who he was, and when I finally figured out he had to be England his moves made it really difficult for me to keep up the ruse. It was fun though. But that is lost so I'm gone.

I've asked for a Cancel, or to be replaced.

Those that suspected the DMZs were all a ruse to just keep Galicia open, were correct.

e.m.c^42

#419 Post by e.m.c^42 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:10 am

Oh, dear. He got banned lol.

I'm sorry to all the players! My choices in semi-running this game has led to a distinctly less fun game experience, especially when it could've been so much better.

Temasek22

#420 Post by Temasek22 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:18 pm

Claesar wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:19 am
It is. Very impressed with this new French player! Well done, Anlari.

That said, this game no longer interests me. MOSW and I had a great thing going where he was successfully acting as me. It's a shame that I failed to pick up who he was, and when I finally figured out he had to be England his moves made it really difficult for me to keep up the ruse. It was fun though. But that is lost so I'm gone.

I've asked for a Cancel, or to be replaced.

Those that suspected the DMZs were all a ruse to just keep Galicia open, were correct.
Oh, so you were Austria?