M1011 - Revenge of the Space Mutants - Game Thread

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Jamiet99uk

Re: M1011 - Revenge of the Space Mutants - Game Thread

#1081 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat May 23, 2020 7:39 pm

VOTE COUNT 3.2

damo666(4) - worcej, Chaqa, Tom Bombadil, foodcoats
Chaqa(2) - damo666, Vecna
Tom Bombadil(1) - bozotheclown
Vecna(1) - BunnyGo

Currently DAMO is set for lynch.

Kgray has yet to vote. Chaqa, Vecna and Damo have yet to meet the minimum post requirement.

You have 25 hours and 20 minutes left in Day Three.

bozotheclown

#1082 Post by bozotheclown » Sat May 23, 2020 7:55 pm

kgray wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 7:38 pm
@bozo you're obviously bringing up those posts from old games to explain/justify/further your scumreads of Chaqa and damo but they're clearly cherry picked as both have done similar things as town. This seems like you're trying to force a narrative. How much weight are you giving to these posts and damo and Chaqa's meta in general?
Those posts just reminded me of posts they made when they were scum. I think damo and Chaqa are good at duplicating their town play style when they are scum.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1083 Post by kgray » Sat May 23, 2020 7:56 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 3:14 am
##Vote kgray for now. The lady gray protests too much. And is too upset about being accused. She asks no questions, and tells only lies.

I should know, I've read nearly half her ISO! Look at me I'm reeding. Yay for trying!
Umm did you actually read any of my iso? And you think I'm asking no questions? I'm not upset about being accused of anything, but if you're going to accuse me of something you should have a valid and non-made up reason for doing so.

Bunny you've just replaced my strongest scumread. So if you're actually town, please convince me. I look forward to the challenge of separating our personality clashes from my read of you...

bozotheclown

#1084 Post by bozotheclown » Sat May 23, 2020 7:57 pm

kgray wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 7:39 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 12:18 am
Chaqa wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 10:02 pm

Agreed. ##Vote damo
Bus damo some more?
Do you think both of scum!damo's teammates would vote him right out the gate like that? For such a (imo) bad reason?
I considered if they would, but decided they might for the reason you asked, so I think it is WIFOM.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1085 Post by kgray » Sat May 23, 2020 7:58 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 3:18 am
Wait...didn't worcej try to shoot EMC? How did that turn EMC into Vecna and not kill him? Mafia goon much? ##VOTE VECNA!
I'm not sure if you're really confused about this... But just in case: There were two people who were told they were a vig. One had no bullet and their target wouldn't die. I believe the consensus (and my personal belief) is that food was the real vig who was commuted by summit, so his shot was roll blocked, and worcej was the "fake" vig.

emc was replaced for not voting D1.

bozotheclown

#1086 Post by bozotheclown » Sat May 23, 2020 7:59 pm

Vecna wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 2:19 pm
I guess its possible ive been misreading Bozo or Kgray, but it seems far more unlikely than the above being the solve
Does this mean that damo is your strongest town read?

BunnyGo

#1087 Post by BunnyGo » Sat May 23, 2020 8:01 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
BunnyGo wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 4:06 pm
I dunno Tom, that’s not Neph’s standard MO. Maybe he is scummy? ##VOTE NEPH
GM NOTE: This vote is not valid. If you want to vote for yourself, you need to use your own name, not that of the player you replaced.
I’m aware. It was intentionally invalid. Thanks for the note.

bozotheclown

#1088 Post by bozotheclown » Sat May 23, 2020 8:06 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 8:57 pm
Reads:
Town: food, kgray

Weak Town: Xorxes, Chaqa,

Null: Bozo, Damo, Worcej, emc, Nepthys, Summit

Scum: Tom

Too many nulls, game was too quiet.
Tom Bombadil wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 9:16 pm
Well, sorry for not being on at deadline. I'll try moving forward, but its tough for me with work - its why I don't play as much anymore, and why I can't GM anymore :(

Needless to say, a no-lynch D1 is a complete debacle as town, so lets not dwell on that and actually lynch someone today.

The rdr flip is interesting considering I don't think he was widely townread. Lets try to figure out why he was targeted.
Tom saying we need to figure out why rdrivera was the NK when he is implicated the most based on rdrivera's reads makes me think he might have been preempting the discussion.

BunnyGo

#1089 Post by BunnyGo » Sat May 23, 2020 8:09 pm

kgray wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 7:58 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Wait...didn't worcej try to shoot EMC? How did that turn EMC into Vecna and not kill him? Mafia goon much? ##VOTE VECNA!
I'm not sure if you're really confused about this... But just in case: There were two people who were told they were a vig. One had no bullet and their target wouldn't die. I believe the consensus (and my personal belief) is that food was the real vig who was commuted by summit, so his shot was roll blocked, and worcej was the "fake" vig.

That’s quite convoluted. I’m sure you can see how someone wouldn’t follow that consensus knowledge.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1090 Post by kgray » Sat May 23, 2020 8:19 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 11:56 am
I don't think damo and Tom are likely to be scum together, as that would be early, hard, and to-the-edge bussing of damo by Tom. Possible, but not very likely.
I would be a little surprised if scum!tom bussing scum!damo expected the damo wagon to take off with such a silly reason to vote for damo D1. His claim that damo was specifically trying to get a xorxes wagon going didn't make any sense to me at all. I think it's possible that he thought people would mostly ignore it, and once worcej and Chaqa followed him onto damo and you and I questioned his vote for damo he needed to come up with a more believable justification for it being a "real" scumread. Then he sort of let it go and didn't continue to push damo very hard.
Knowing now that xorxes was town, it is actually quite feasible that Nephthys/BunnyGo is scum after all. Nephthys popped his head up, was pleased to see xorxes in the lead wagon, and saw no need to vote.
bozo... I am just not seeing anything that I can read scumminess into.
I 100% agree with both of these statements.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1091 Post by kgray » Sat May 23, 2020 8:20 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 1:01 pm

kgray is not playing like herself.
Can you elaborate on this please?

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1092 Post by kgray » Sat May 23, 2020 8:28 pm

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 2:50 pm
I still don't understand the scumread of Neph. He barely posted D1, missed the deadline - posted little D2 and subbed out. POE makes him plausible, but I don't understand people genuinely scumreading him.

It's like the people who believe he deliberately missed the deadline haven't considered that his subbing out brings credence to the fact that he may have genuinely missed the deadline.
This post explains most of my reasoning.

And I think xorxes flipping town makes neph/bunny more likely scum. Neph seeing xorxes as the lead wagon and not voting for him (again, after he said he'd be willing to do so) is consistent with the idea that Neph wouldn't want to draw attention to himself by being a deciding vote on lynching town!xorxes.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1093 Post by Chaqa » Sat May 23, 2020 8:29 pm

Hey guys, activity is a little low for me right now. One of my girlfriend's dogs died, so I've been a bit preoccupied with her.

If anyone has things they need me to address let me know. I think given xorxes was town, we should probably vote damo today as I said before, but I'm doubting this a bit as the case on damo outside of voting analysis is a bit weak.

I also don't quite understand why people are linking me and Damo, but I don't understand a lot of what has been happening this game. All of my scumreads are turning out town, so atm I'm feeling a bit back to square one.

What's the thought behind Tom and Vecna votes? (@bozo/@bunny)

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1094 Post by kgray » Sat May 23, 2020 8:32 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 7:55 pm
kgray wrote:
@bozo you're obviously bringing up those posts from old games to explain/justify/further your scumreads of Chaqa and damo but they're clearly cherry picked as both have done similar things as town. This seems like you're trying to force a narrative. How much weight are you giving to these posts and damo and Chaqa's meta in general?
Those posts just reminded me of posts they made when they were scum. I think damo and Chaqa are good at duplicating their town play style when they are scum.
So those posts are NAI?

bozotheclown

#1095 Post by bozotheclown » Sat May 23, 2020 8:40 pm

kgray wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 8:32 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 7:55 pm
kgray wrote:
So those posts are NAI?
I found them slightly suspicious. Chaqa going to the "vote emc until he votes" thing was an easy way to get his vote off of damo if he was bussing damo. I do not think your post from this game warranted damo's response.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1096 Post by kgray » Sat May 23, 2020 8:40 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 8:09 pm
kgray wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 7:58 pm
BunnyGo wrote:

That’s quite convoluted. I’m sure you can see how someone wouldn’t follow that consensus knowledge.
It's not convoluted at all. There has been plenty of discussion on this. Worcej claimed vig who shot emc N1, and food claimed vig who shot summit N1. Neither kill happened. Summit flipped commuter and said on his deathbed that he commuted food N1. Those are all facts, and I'm sure everyone would agree with that. Since there has not been a 3rd vig claim, food and worcej are essentially clear and there is no reason to think they're lying about their roll or their targets.

The only question is if food was the real vig whose shot failed because of the commute or if he was the fake vig and the commute was a coincidence. In this latter case, worcej is the real vig and his shot failed because he was roll blocked or emc/vecna is the mafia tough guy.

bozotheclown

#1097 Post by bozotheclown » Sat May 23, 2020 8:44 pm

kgray wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 8:28 pm
Tom Bombadil wrote:
I still don't understand the scumread of Neph. He barely posted D1, missed the deadline - posted little D2 and subbed out. POE makes him plausible, but I don't understand people genuinely scumreading him.

It's like the people who believe he deliberately missed the deadline haven't considered that his subbing out brings credence to the fact that he may have genuinely missed the deadline.

And I think xorxes flipping town makes neph/bunny more likely scum. Neph seeing xorxes as the lead wagon and not voting for him (again, after he said he'd be willing to do so) is consistent with the idea that Neph wouldn't want to draw attention to himself by being a deciding vote on lynching town!xorxes.
I agreed with your reasons for suspecting Nephthys, but his subbing out makes me think is is more likely he just did not have time for this game. I can't see Nephthys trying an extreme lurking scum strategy then leaving the game when he comes under suspicion for it.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1098 Post by kgray » Sat May 23, 2020 8:46 pm

@bozo I think my best guess for the scumteam is: damo, NephyGo, and Tom

But I don't feel very strongly about any of those except for ##vote Bunny

Vecna

#1099 Post by Vecna » Sat May 23, 2020 8:47 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 7:59 pm
Vecna wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 2:19 pm
I guess its possible ive been misreading Bozo or Kgray, but it seems far more unlikely than the above being the solve
Does this mean that damo is your strongest town read?
Besides the claimed vigs? Probably yeah.

I dont really think the distinction between how much I townread Kgray/Damo and you matters, because im not going to vote for any of those regardless

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1100 Post by kgray » Sat May 23, 2020 8:49 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 8:44 pm
kgray wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 8:28 pm
Tom Bombadil wrote:

I agreed with your reasons for suspecting Nephthys, but his subbing out makes me think is is more likely he just did not have time for this game. I can't see Nephthys trying an extreme lurking scum strategy then leaving the game when he comes under suspicion for it.
I think subbing out is NAI and I'm not factoring it into my read. But, I agree that him lurking is also now more NAI than scummy since he was apparently so busy. However, him lurking wasn't as much of a factor into my reads as the other points. I think my perception of him "hiding" D1 is due more to his refusal to vote for damo or xorxes than his lurking.