M55: The Last Party - Game Thread

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

Re: M55: The Last Party - Game Thread

#8781 Post by Chaqa » Wed May 13, 2020 10:36 pm

I would say scan Vecna lynch damo barring guilty scan

Nephthys

#8782 Post by Nephthys » Wed May 13, 2020 10:37 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 10:36 pm
I would say scan Vecna lynch damo barring guilty scan
Works for me

damo666

#8783 Post by damo666 » Wed May 13, 2020 10:41 pm

Nephthys wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 10:36 pm
Nephthys wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 10:35 pm
Well @damo

I'm jailing you so you may as well hardclaim cause bar another strong reason you're dying tomorrow
Or if the last scum, concede
I am not scum. Chaqa or Food I reckon.

foodcoats

#8784 Post by foodcoats » Wed May 13, 2020 11:04 pm

Right on team! Sorry i wasn't around to hammer Bunny. Well done.

foodcoats

#8785 Post by foodcoats » Wed May 13, 2020 11:11 pm

I think jail damo and scan Vecna is correct.

I also think anyone who is town should pledge not to be drawn into any WIFOM if there is no NK and Nephthys tells us who he jailed. I don't want to hear any "they couldve held the NK" garbage. Think NOW about who you think is scum, and speak up NOW so our PRs can make good choices. If Neph jails our best guess of scum and there is STILL an NK, that is something to talk about.

Bozo, I'm looking at you. If xorxes hadn't cleared you and I didn't know for a fact it's impossible you joined the inquisition, I would say you are being insanely scummy for throwing out random baseless shade and tinfoil theories at this stage instead of solving.

Nephthys

#8786 Post by Nephthys » Wed May 13, 2020 11:24 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 11:11 pm

I also think anyone who is town should pledge not to be drawn into any WIFOM if there is no NK and Nephthys tells us who he jailed. I don't want to hear any "they couldve held the NK" garbage. Think NOW about who you think is scum, and speak up NOW so our PRs can make good choices. If Neph jails our best guess of scum and there is STILL an NK, that is something to talk about.

Bozo, I'm looking at you. If xorxes hadn't cleared you and I didn't know for a fact it's impossible you joined the inquisition, I would say you are being insanely scummy for throwing out random baseless shade and tinfoil theories at this stage instead of solving.
Yikes this is scummy

foodcoats

#8787 Post by foodcoats » Wed May 13, 2020 11:26 pm

Nephthys wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 11:24 pm
foodcoats wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 11:11 pm

Yikes this is scummy
No, it is not. Come argue with me all you like about who is scum, but do not get trapped in some WIFOM BS tomorrow. Solve based on the thread, not "duh duh duh errr anyfing is possible durrrr"

Because that's what I heard today about Bunny and guess what

Bunny da lawyer

Like I said

Because that was the simplest most obvious explanation based on the thread

Fite me. With arguments based on evidence.

worcej

#8788 Post by worcej » Wed May 13, 2020 11:35 pm

PLEASE HOLD.

worcej

#8789 Post by worcej » Wed May 13, 2020 11:52 pm

Flavor:
The Mastermind stood in the control center, observing the monitors. All the operators on the floor were silent. On the screen, the group was watching as the last survivors on the island were running through the Hunter compound. The last Hunter was leading the way to their escape helicopter.

"Get audio on the hanger bay. I need to hear this..." Operators around the room scramble and get the audio setup. The speakers crackle as they hear the last bit of the exchange with the Hunter and the survivors.

"I realized that, in the end, I was doomed." The Hunter, codename damo666, says to the group. "You were equiped with far too many tools and it was clear that I wouldn't be able to survive... use this helicopter to get off the island and take whatever supplies you need. The Mastermind will not give up his hunt of you..."

"Are you going to come with us?" Vecna, AK-47, trigger happy Paranoid Gun Owner asks.

"No, I've committed enough sins. I will face my punishment..." damo says.

The group look among themselves and nod. "Good luck..." Vecna udders to damo. Damo just nods and walks back towards the compound and off the screen. The helicopter quickly fires up and flies out of the hanger, leaving no one visible.

The Mastermind growls in rage. "Initiate the self-destruct sequence. And begin preparations for the ultimate hunt... we have some people to silence..."

The Mastermind walks out of the control room and onto the deck of his ship, many miles away from the island. He watches as a large explosion erupts on the island, destroying whatever evidence was left behind.

Damo666 has died! He was the Mafia Hooker!
You are the Mafia Hooker! Your ‘good looks’ bring all the boys to your yard… Each night, you may ##roleblock a target. When you do, they are roleblocked. Your ability is considered a role-block ability and fires after any town role-block ability. You have access to a night QT to coordinate with your teammates. You scan as guilty if scanned by a cop-like ability, unless modified.
QT Link: https://www.quicktopic.com/53/H/cRbLurEsV44
You win when the Mafia faction is the last faction left standing or cannot be prevented from being the last faction alive (AKA – you can control the lynch votes and ensure town/3P cannot stop you).
Vecna Survived! He was the Town Paranoid Gun Owner!
You are the Town Paranoid Gun Owner! You are scared to death of all this crazy stuff happening in the world but you will ensure your safety due to your fully automatic AK-47 you bought at a gun auction without a background check (A’murica!). Twice/game, at night, you can ##ready. When and if you do, any person who targets you on that night will be gunned down (killed) before they can even accomplish their action, regardless of their alignment and intent. Because of your paranoia, your action when used is the first thing to fire off before any other possible action, ensuring you will be safe.
You win when the Town faction is the last faction left standing.
bozotheclown Survived! He was the Town Hider!
You are the Town Hider! Your only goal is to survive during the dark and scary nights… During the night, you can ##hide behind a player. When you do, you are immune to actions that target you and anyone that does target you and fails will learn that their ability failed because you could not be found. If the person you hide behind is targeted by a killing action, you die as well since you are right behind them. Your ability is considered a Protective-type ability.
Chaqa Survived! He was the Town Neighborizer!
You are the Town Neighborizer! You ensure the safety of everyone in your neighborhood by watching them creepily at night with radios to communicate with others that are as creepy as you. Once per day phase, you may ##recruit a player to your watch. When you do, they get access to a night QT that they may post in along with yourself. Their alignment will not be disclosed to you when they join the QT. Recruited players have access to the QT for the entire game, so each day you add another person who can then use the QT at night. You cannot recruit during the night phase, so your ability is not inherently a specific type.
QT Link: https://www.quicktopic.com/53/H/RNcDiSGbzqR9
foodcoats Survived! He was the Town Lightning Rod!
You are the Town Lightning Rod! Your love for tesla coils has led you to be a walking human version of one! Once during the game, during the night phase, you may activate your ability by submitting the ##tesla command. When you do this, every ability that can target and was activated during this phase will target you instead of the intended target. Your ability is considered a role-block ability and will fire first before any other role-block ability.
Nephthys Survived! He was the Town Jailkeeper!
You are the Town Jailkeeper! You get great pleasure in locking people away and watching them suffer. During the night, you may ##Jail a player. Your target will be roleblocked and all actions that target them will fail. When an action performed on your target fails, the player who tried will learn that they failed because the player they targeted was nowhere to be found. Your ability is considered a Roleblock-type ability.
summit_fever Survived! He was the Town Cop!
You are the Town Cop! Your pursuit of justice is like none other! During the night, you may ##investigate a player. When you do, you learn if they are either guilty (non-town) or innocent (town). Your ability is considered an Investigative-type ability.
Town has won M55!

Game has ended

GT: https://www.quicktopic.com/53/H/Hq38kWbj7bkS

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#8790 Post by Chaqa » Wed May 13, 2020 11:55 pm

Oh, there really were no Inquisitors left. I can't wait to go read the behind the scenes stuff.

worcej

#8791 Post by worcej » Wed May 13, 2020 11:58 pm

My thoughts/comments:
  1. MVP for town goes to Chaqa, hands down. He used the Neighborhood Watch INCREDIBLY effectively and managed to never recruit a scum. Xorxes was able to use the knowledge of who was in the QT to avoid scanning them, thus getting rdr early.
  2. LVP for town goes to Sarah - for having the strongest role and never using it well.
  3. Scum failed, in my opinion, because early on Foxcastle was not using the Redirector to protect his teammates (something Squigs figured out and if used would've protected Demon from the scan that caught him) and kept the RB on the kill to always keep it hidden, even when known investigative roles existed and were in use.
  4. The setup was very town balanced because of the Inquisitor - the town needed strong PRs and numerous of them to ensure they had a chance. If rdr had managed to recruit either Brain, Jamie, or Demon, he would've been able to recruit someone every night. Bozo was also an easy target for recruitment and any target that Jamie babysat would also be recruited if he targeted them.
  5. GM'ing solo is a trip and I will probably never do it again with a complex setup like this lol... I really appreciate Bunny and Squigs coming in to fill in for the emergencies that hit darg and Fox.

summit_fever

#8792 Post by summit_fever » Thu May 14, 2020 12:01 am

Thank you to Worcej for all of your hard work!

I had a lot of fun and enjoyed playing with everybody.

e.m.c^42

#8793 Post by e.m.c^42 » Thu May 14, 2020 12:01 am

Good game everyone :D

I certainly hope xorx and vec enjoyed playing endgame lmao

worcej

#8794 Post by worcej » Thu May 14, 2020 12:05 am

Interesting Mechanics and What If's:
  1. Obviously, yes the Jailer made it so the LR lived and everyone failed.
  2. 4 people (3 town, 1 scum) would've died to Vecna N1 if food didn't use the LR that night.
  3. Because they RB'ed Jamie, he didn't babysit and also get someone killed when he wasn't NK'ed.
  4. Bozo did a good job hiding behind either scum or people that would never be targeted.
  5. The +1 allowance was a red herring to keep you all guessing. I loved how emc and Chaqa decided to troll with its use.

e.m.c^42

#8795 Post by e.m.c^42 » Thu May 14, 2020 12:06 am

It may not seem like it now, but at the time there were a good few moments where it seemed like scum could easily win lol

worcej

#8796 Post by worcej » Thu May 14, 2020 12:06 am

worcej wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 12:05 am
Interesting Mechanics and What If's:
  1. Obviously, yes the Jailer made it so the LR lived and everyone failed.
  2. 4 people (3 town, 1 scum) would've died to Vecna N1 if food didn't use the LR that night.
  3. Because they RB'ed Jamie, he didn't babysit and also get someone killed when he was NK'ed.
  4. Bozo did a good job hiding behind either scum or people that would never be targeted.
  5. The +1 allowance was a red herring to keep you all guessing. I loved how emc and Chaqa decided to troll with its use.

worcej

#8797 Post by worcej » Thu May 14, 2020 12:07 am

e.m.c^42 wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 12:06 am
It may not seem like it now, but at the time there were a good few moments where it seemed like scum could easily win lol
They had a real strong chance, but like I said - keeping the RB on the kill was the unfortunate move. It was cute that it was hidden, but it should've been planted on known investigators.

Jamiet99uk

#8798 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu May 14, 2020 12:09 am

Why did the game end, did Damo concede?

Thanks GM. Congratulations and group hugs to my town mates. Hard luck, scumteam.

In my personal experience, this was a bit of a mind-fuck as a setup, because the combination of role madness and a closed setup meant it was inevitable there was going to be a huge amount of arguing and theorising about mechanics, and not a lot of classic scumhunting. But it was still a fun game.

I hope you found me generally to be nicer and less abrasive than usual. I did genuinely try.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#8799 Post by Chaqa » Thu May 14, 2020 12:13 am

worcej wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 12:05 am
[*]The +1 allowance was a red herring to keep you all guessing. I loved how emc and Chaqa decided to troll with its use.[/list]
Never let EMC and I go full troll mode.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#8800 Post by Chaqa » Thu May 14, 2020 12:14 am

I played a very in-your-face and argumentative game. With so much mechanics nonsense, I thought if I played aggressively it would be enlightening. Not sure how successful it was.

I'm glad most of my logic reads were right. I had at one point said scum were in the "Neph, Squigs, Tem, Bunny, Damo" group. 3/5 is pretty good and Sarah/Tem was... well, you know.

I still can't believe she wasted that role.