MAFIA 51 - LONDON BY GASLIGHT [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
ItsHosuke

Re: MAFIA 51 - LONDON BY GASLIGHT [HIDDEN]

#1361 Post by ItsHosuke » Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:57 am

Sorry for not posting more, had a horrible food poisoning these few days and just started to recover. Will catch up ASAP

ItsHosuke

#1362 Post by ItsHosuke » Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:02 am

Chaqa wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:24 pm
Alright, I had hoped to get literally everyone to weigh in, but I doubt we'll hear from EMC for a few more hours, so this is good enough I guess. To begin and get the important thing out of the way:

I am not Dr. Jekyll. I was not saved. I was not roleblocked.

Many of you have deduced this, mainly due to ND's unfortunate counterclaim, but the ruse wasn't planned to go on forever. I had laid out my basic plan in a message to the God QT a few days ago, but basically:

I find the early stages of the game to be full of chaos, bad logic, joke posting, and general disorder. I also usually get myself widely scumread and/or lynched early on. So, I wanted to come up with a plan that let me get some utility out of my (lack of a) role, while also ensuring I could kickstart this game in some way.

Unfortunately, due to still being a bit sick and having a long-ass work day (I didn't get home until 5:55 my time - 5 minutes before EoD. Normally done at 3 or 4) I was unable to be a town leader. Still, despite that, and despite me almost leading us off Bob, we got Moriarity. So, overall, Day 1 worked our spectacularly, despite me.

I made sure to loudly proclaim I was saving myself, with the hope that based on previous ways I had handled myself as a PR, mafia wouldn't believe me and would target me last night. In the Endgame-themed game, when I was given the Mind Stone, I had claimed to give it to someone else, but kept it myself for another night. I was thinking by doing something similar here, I could draw the nightkill because if any mafia had played with me before, they would think I may be bluffing and attack me. Both teams, if I'm lucky.

Of course, this didn't happen - mafia attacked ND. Which, TBH, I find quite odd. I suppose they, like I, thought he was Sherlock, or at least softing Sherlock (I even calledND out as Mr. Holmes at one point). ND, however, played like a boss and protected himself - and ALSO drew the roleblock, which is... well, I still find it odd, but knowing he must actually be Jekyll, sometimes truth is stranger than fiction.

Anyway - going into Day 2, with NO kills, I wasn't quite sure how to proceed. I hadn't planned this far, but at this point I thought:
1. Jekyll or Watson or both had made saves, or the Commuter got hit
2. The real Jekyll, if attacked, was likely to come forward

Up to this point, I had been operating on the assumption that Dr. Jekyll knew I was trying to protect him and/or draw night-kills (mainly the latter). More on this later, but with ND outing himself, my gameplan changed:

Now - the plan was to stick to my guns and see who believed who. My reasoning is:
ND must have protected himself Night 1, and mafia know this. Therefore, mafia know he will be vulnerable to a kill tonight. They also would likely think that the other Jekyll claimant (me) is either an opposing mafia member, Jack, or a towny - basicsally all great lynch targets. So... mafia would likely NOT side with me, but would instead prefer to lynch me, a towny, and then have a great kill option in ND tonight.

(They may also decide to abstain from this completely in order to ensure a lack of town information)

I *thought* ND was picking up on what I was doing, but the more the day went on, the worse it got, and it became apparent he didn't understand, so I doubled down in the hopes of REALLY getting people to pick a side and perhaps have mafia members give themselves away.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I haven't really taken the time to analyze all the believers/doubters of the two claims yet. We have about 30 hours to do that now and come up with our best plan. Much like ND - I really did and do think Jekyll is a liability long-term, so I wouldn't even be against lynching me today to prove my claim/plan and then letting town sort things out down the line.

I'm hoping we can use this combined with the Moriarty flip and any other information Sherlock or others come up with to solve this game in record time.

I hope I covered a lot of what I was thinking/why I did this. I'm sure there will be questions.

##Unvote
Oh. ##unvote

FlaviusAetius

#1363 Post by FlaviusAetius » Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:02 am

xorxes wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:32 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:15 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:03 pm

As for why I didn't back off - I explained that. Once ND had claimed (which I didn't expect), the damage of "outing" him (not really since mafia already knew he had been protected) was done, and as I said, I wanted to see who would believe who because *mafia already knew which one of us was lying.

* - at least one mafia team, or both if Watson/Commuter didn't block a kill
ND's claim, Vecna didn't claim anything as far as I know.

You have a point on Mafia already knowing who were lying, at least 3 of them.

##unvote
I don't understand how Mafia already knowing who was lying makes the lying somehow more justifiable.
BASICALLY CHAQA IS SAYING THIS IS A REACTION TEST

BunnyGo

#1364 Post by BunnyGo » Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:06 am

bo_sox48 wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:54 am
xorxes wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:28 pm
bo_sox48 wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:09 pm
Do I have to vote today or tomorrow
Yes
<3
Yes you clearly love pedantic answers.

##VOTE bo_sox just for being an insufferable pedant.

FlaviusAetius

#1365 Post by FlaviusAetius » Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:06 am

DemonRHK wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:54 pm
@Bunny: I don’t buy it. I don’t agree with lynching either one. ND is admitted and can be lynched tomorrow. Chaqa can be scanned worst case or left. He’s either VT and lynching him shoots us in the foot, or he’s team 1 scum and on the back burner now that team 2 is terrifyingly strong.

You wanna lynch Chaqa, be my ducking guest, but as of now I stick to frost, with my eye on bozo, damo, and Bionic
*phew* I thought I was going crazy and was actually starting to believe them!
This deserves +100000000000000000000000 points right now
but @bunny I think I realize now why the mafia dont want to kill ND at night, THOUGH THEY STILL MIGHT

BunnyGo

#1366 Post by BunnyGo » Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:11 am

ItsHosuke wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:57 am
Sorry for not posting more, had a horrible food poisoning these few days and just started to recover. Will catch up ASAP
Feel better. Lots to catch up on, have fun with it.

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#1367 Post by bo_sox48 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:15 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:06 am
bo_sox48 wrote:
xorxes wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:28 pm

Yes
<3

I mean... yeah, I am an insufferable pedant. I can't remember the last game I played where I didn't annoy a few people into voting for me.

Aside from subbing into a game that I didn't have time to play, this game is so absurdly anti-town that I'm really struggling to care. So if my insufferable pedantic nature is the best you've got after 96 hours, you're probably in the same boat that I'm in.

ItsHosuke

#1368 Post by ItsHosuke » Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:17 am

##vote frost

His actions EoD1 feel like he's on Bob's team, and Chaqa actually has a decent defence

FlaviusAetius

#1369 Post by FlaviusAetius » Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:17 am

Vecna wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:10 am
Tom Bombadil wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:50 pm
FlaviusAetius wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:48 pm

This is what I mean, your literally an empty suit, you have nothing, your not committing to anything, do you see why it looks so slippery??
Your getting mad at me for not having “impressions” on the one role I know in a game of this size.
And this seems like a convenient mischaracterization just to make Flavius' argument look weaker than it is.
Tom Bombadil wrote: ↑
Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:50 pm

FlaviusAetius wrote: ↑

Tom Bombadil wrote: ↑
Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:47 pm
I had no impressions?

I mean, I read the role before I read the game, so I wasn’t exactly focusing on what vapor said since I already knew my role. One less person to deduce.

This is what I mean, your literally an empty suit, you have nothing, your not committing to anything, do you see why it looks so slippery??

Your getting mad at me for not having “impressions” on the one role I know in a game of this size.

And this seems like a convenient mischaracterization just to make Flavius' argument look weaker than it is.

And look at my summarizations of those posts, Tom literally feels nothing, let me get a really good post on something he said, that I think almost reveals his role

FlaviusAetius

#1370 Post by FlaviusAetius » Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:20 am

Tom Bombadil wrote:
I had no impressions?

I mean, I read the role before I read the game, so I wasn’t exactly focusing on what vapor said since I already knew my role. One less person to deduce.
So he's a PR

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#1371 Post by bo_sox48 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:22 am

How do you draw that conclusion, and why announce it?

FlaviusAetius

#1372 Post by FlaviusAetius » Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:28 am

BionicMole wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:15 am
FlaviusAetius wrote:
Tom Bombadil wrote:
I had no impressions?

Get off his nuts man. What do you expect him to say about this? Do you want him to tell you what it is ffs? Why aren't you asking everyone else what their reactions are when they read their roll? Climb out of the rabbit hole
TrPrado asked me this when I substitued in for someone a few games back so I asked him and bosox the same two questions, and oh boy did we get a lot out of it

BunnyGo

#1373 Post by BunnyGo » Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:30 am

bo_sox48 wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:15 am
BunnyGo wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:06 am
bo_sox48 wrote:

<3

I mean... yeah, I am an insufferable pedant. I can't remember the last game I played where I didn't annoy a few people into voting for me.

Aside from subbing into a game that I didn't have time to play, this game is so absurdly anti-town that I'm really struggling to care. So if my insufferable pedantic nature is the best you've got after 96 hours, you're probably in the same boat that I'm in.
Nah, I'm not leaving it there. Just putting it there for now. Will be sure to not stay there by EOD.

Any requests for people for me to ISO?

BunnyGo

#1374 Post by BunnyGo » Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:31 am

OK, I know I said I'd start my ISOs with *my* strongest scum read, but I really really hate the frost wagon. I'm gonna start with that ISO and see if I can either convince myself to join, or convince everyone else to jump.

FlaviusAetius

#1375 Post by FlaviusAetius » Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:35 am

BionicMole wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:52 am
FlaviusAetius wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:54 pm
Because Jekyll is dying tonight that iss why, why are we doing the mafia's dirty work for them
You've said this about a dozen times already, is it you slipping your next NK vote?
I'm starting to lean you that way ngl
Listen I did not understand that Mafia were not trying to kill Jekyll, if you actually read the game you would understand we were all baffled by the kill. Its been explained to me that they actually thought ND was Holmes, I still think this is unlikely because if ND is really saying all those crumbs were that obvious why would anyone want to kill him, if they were clearly fake?

But he got RBed so that does give some credance to it, that they really thought he was a PR role...

I still think Mafia might want to kill Jekyll, go look at the reasons above from Bunny, and ONTOP of that Jekyll can save themselves from a mafia kill, this will be the only night that wont be the case

Now going onto new relevations^above was my thinking at the time
Chaqa is probably a VT, if not we can easily get a scan on him and we are good there, ND dies tomorrow, Bunny doesnt think he should, not too sure if I buy that, but its POSSIBLE mafia would, think he's a net-town asset and should die

Also are you serious? WHY WOULD I CRUMB MY VOTE IN PUBLIC HOW DOES THAT MAKE SENSE, I DONT EVEN THINK CRUMBING IS A GOOD IDEA ANYWAYS

FlaviusAetius

#1376 Post by FlaviusAetius » Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:36 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:39 am
Now...Drunk Bunny (TM) is going to go do some ISOs and post thoughts here. If there's anybody you want me to focus on, let me know and I'll do my best. Otherwise, I'm going to focus on my scummiest leans.
Tom and bosox, connections they probably are

FlaviusAetius

#1377 Post by FlaviusAetius » Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:38 am

bo_sox48 wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:22 am
Most of the PR's are anti-town and people who are actually looking(mafia) already saw it, so there's literally no reason NOT to bring it up, more information the better for us

FlaviusAetius

#1378 Post by FlaviusAetius » Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:38 am

Also why in the world are there 18 guests on this forum :I

BunnyGo

#1379 Post by BunnyGo » Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:38 am

@Frost Are you a newbie or an old hat at forum based mafia?

BunnyGo

#1380 Post by BunnyGo » Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:39 am

FlaviusAetius wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:38 am
bo_sox48 wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:22 am
Most of the PR's are anti-town and people who are actually looking(mafia) already saw it, so there's literally no reason NOT to bring it up, more information the better for us
WHAT DOES PR MEAN?!