Mafia XXXIV Game Thread - Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

Re: Mafia XXXIV Game Thread - Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

#2981 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:19 pm

Hey -- I'm in court today, so unfortunately I don't have much time to be online. As I've said, I'm a VT/Miller, and I acknowledge that I need to be killed before LYLO. I would much prefer to be shot, as there is a chance that I have a BP vest and I would become clear.

I think it's important that we lynch/shoot for Hooker today. If we are able to kill Hooker, we will likely be in an auto-win scenario, considering our cop is still hidden.

My leading candidates for Hooker right this moment are Foxy and Yoyo. Foxy has played a very strong game, no matter which alignment he is. Probably extra good if he is scum. He has floated under the radar completely. At this point, considering that Scum have had several Stalker reports, and they seem to have been doing a lot of hunting for Cop, I tend to think that Hooker is fairly under cover. Someone who has not gotten a ton of scrutiny. And Foxy fits the bill.

Also, there is a general notion that Foxy has a stellar voting record. I don't know how I got that in my head, but I went back to take a look, and here it is:

Day 1: The votes were ND: 3, Balki 4, Brain 2, Demon 2, and Foxy voted for ND, which made ND and Balki the two leading wagons. He stayed on ND for the rest of day, and he never said anything about Jamiet's alignment during day 1. He basically ignored Jamiet, even when Jamiet became the leading wagon.

Day 2: Foxy was the second vote on RJ, and he had basically been scumreading RJ all day. This vote makes Foxy look pretty town, but there is an important caveat. When Foxy cast this vote, RJ was outside of Maniac's lynchpool. So, while Foxy joined Tom on the RJ wagon, it did not look like that wagon would flip when Foxy cast this vote. And because Foxy had been scumreading RJ since the start of the game, Foxy was locked in here once the RJ lynch became viable. This vote has carried Foxy for pretty much the whole game.

Day 3: Foxy voted for Tom (town), Demon (Town), and then ND (Town) after Yavuz made his claim.

Day 4: Foxy was on captainmeme and Balki for most of the day, and then switched to Bo after that lynch was already decided. Before Foxy switched to Bo, the votes looked like this: Bo (6), MLQ (2), Balki (2), Rdrivera (2).

So...Foxy's voting record really isn't very good, and his one good vote (Day 2 on RJ) is less alignment indicative based on the fact that RJ was outseide of Maniac's lynchpool and unlikely to flip.

And I'm trying to ask myself -- why I have I had it in my head that Foxy is town? Part of it, I think, is lots of commentary and good process of thought. I just get town vibes. That may be because he's town, or it may be because he's playing a very good game as scum.

And then there's another reason:

On Night 1 (p. 31), Bo Sox said this: "Given Jamie's flip, I don't believe that Jamie would have ever wagoned onto me before I had ever posted if Foxcastle were his teammate. I'm reasonably confident without reading anything else that Foxcastle is town and it would take a near scumslip or some obvious evidence of coordination between the two on that vote to change my mind."

I remember that resonating with me at the time. And it resonated with rdrivera too. Rdrivera responded: "First thing I agree with bo, it's highly unlikely Jamiet and Fox were both scum coordinating votes, so Fox get high on my town reads."

That seed was well planted.

I don't know, Bo basically gave Foxcastle a town clear because Foxcastle and Jamiet both voted for Bo early on Day 1. Like, before Bo even posted. It's the kind of thing that Scum Bo would notice and comment on, especially if both Foxy and Jamiet were on Bo's scum team. We know Jamiet was on Bo's scum team. But why wouldn't two scum cast a vote for their scumbuddy on Day 1 before that scumbuddy had even posted. There is no risk to that maneuver. There's no reason it's alignment indicative. I think there is a natural tendency to stay away from your scumbuddies early, but there is also a scum interest in doing things counter to natural scum tendencies. The whole thing is probably NAI, but considering it was Bo who pointed it out, it may be scum-indicative.

Upon re-read, I'm getting the heebeejeebies about Foxcastle. His voting record is not as good as it's been made out to be. He has cast no decisive votes. And the seed in the thread that I think gave Foxcastle the most town credibility was planted by Scum Bo.

This could be Hooker.

##vote Foxcastle

For GOD thread, and eternal glory, my final prediction for the scum team is Hooker Foxy and Godfather Bozo.

I may be on later tonight, but I'm not going to be around much at all today. Still, I'd welcome being shot just for the chance that I may have a vest.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2982 Post by rdrivera2005 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:43 pm

Maniac wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:34 pm
@Rdrivera, can I pick your brains. If you were advising the Godfather and they wanted to be in a perfect position D1 with 5 minutes to go, where would you tell him/her to be in this set-up? Their scum buddies are bold and town are some underlined.

ND (6): snowy801, bozotheclown, Rjmcf, Foxcastle, thamrick, Balki Bartokomous
Balki Bartokomous (5): MeanLaQueefa, yavuzovic, Maniac, VashtaNeurotic, Jamiet99uk
Jamiet99uk (3): , DemonRHK,brainbomb, ND,
DemonRHK (2): Tom Bombadil, Ezio
Ezio (1): reedeer1
brainbomb (1): bo_sox48
yavuzovic (1): dargorygel

TIA

First, I didn't shoot Ezio. I am pretty sure Bo shooted Ezio, as he is likely to have a gun and he didn't really fight hard for his life. Seems to me he gambled on being lynched instead of the Hooker as he will be exposed by GS sooner or later.

About your question, it's a hard call not knowing where the last scum vote is. If it's not on ND, I would advise him voting ND. He will be key on lynching a town and could attract a cop scan. If the last scum is already on ND then a Balki if Balki is town or Jamiet if Balki is scum. Basically as godfather you want to be a bit scummy to attract a cop scan but not too scummy to end lynched, or at least it's what I would do, I never played as GF.
Looking the players pool of unclears, Bozo and Mean are the most likely to me. Someone could say I am also a good candidate, but I disagree, I wouldn't have voted scum on D1 and D2 as GF.

Foxcastle

#2983 Post by Foxcastle » Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:51 pm

@Balki, can you provide some examples of where my voting record is being touted so highly?

While I've been glad that others have trusted me enough to rate me as townie, I don't recall anyone doing it for my voting record. It looks to me (thinking you're scum, as I clearly do) like you're pulling a rhetorical trick here in introducing a new premise (that I am townread for my voting record) in order to "disprove" it and stretch the "conclusion" to a scumread.

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2984 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:57 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:51 pm
@Balki, can you provide some examples of where my voting record is being touted so highly?

While I've been glad that others have trusted me enough to rate me as townie, I don't recall anyone doing it for my voting record. It looks to me (thinking you're scum, as I clearly do) like you're pulling a rhetorical trick here in introducing a new premise (that I am townread for my voting record) in order to "disprove" it and stretch the "conclusion" to a scumread.
Not really. It was just my short-hand perception. Like: Darg/Meme/Yoyo "absent," Maniac "handsome," Tom "saved from NK," Foxy Knoxy "acts towny with good voting record."

I honestly don't know where it came from. But when I went back to look at your voting record, I was surprised by how poor it was, and it did not conform to my short-hand perception.

Foxcastle

#2985 Post by Foxcastle » Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:59 pm

*Nods* I know how hard it can be to make it look like you don't have foreknowledge about who's town and who's not. In any case, I hope you have better citations today in court.

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2986 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:01 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:59 pm
*Nods* I know how hard it can be to make it look like you don't have foreknowledge about who's town and who's not. In any case, I hope you have better citations today in court.
Thanks.

What's your experience level? Have you played as scum before? How did you do?

Foxcastle

#2987 Post by Foxcastle » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:03 pm

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:01 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Thanks.

This is my second game ever. I was scum in the previous game. I did okay.

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2988 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:05 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:03 pm
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:01 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Thanks.

This is my second game ever. I was scum in the previous game. I did okay.
MXXXIII?

How long did you survive? How did you die? Did you get a lot of town reads?

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2989 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:05 pm

And will somebody please shoot me?

Gotta run.

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2990 Post by Tom Bombadil » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:13 pm

Did ok. Lol.

Foxy played superb as scum. Went the distance and won in lylo after scumteam imploded pretty much D1

Maniac
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2991 Post by Maniac » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:28 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:43 pm

First, I didn't shoot Ezio. I am pretty sure Bo shooted Ezio, ..

About your question, it's a hard call not knowing where the last scum vote is. If it's not on ND, I would advise him voting ND. He will be key on lynching a town and could attract a cop scan. If the last scum is already on ND then a Balki if Balki is town or Jamiet if Balki is scum. Basically as godfather you want to be a bit scummy to attract a cop scan but not too scummy to end lynched, or at least it's what I would do, I never played as GF.
Looking the players pool of unclears, Bozo and Mean are the most likely to me. Someone could say I am also a good candidate, but I disagree, I wouldn't have voted scum on D1 and D2 as GF.
Cheers Rdrivera, you're the second person today to say they think whoever shot Ezio has died. Interesting.

Yeah, you're probably right that Godfather would probably be on ND and try and get a COP scan. I'd forgotten that you were also voting for scum on D2. You're probably right Godfather wouldn't want to bus two of his scum buddies.

Thanks

Foxcastle

#2992 Post by Foxcastle » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:39 pm

Tom, stahp, you're making me blush.

But yeah, Balki, I won as newbie scum. But that's how I knew Rjm was scum, too. He was doing everything wrong that I had also done wrong, and then some.

Foxcastle

#2993 Post by Foxcastle » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:46 pm

Also, I think Balki's "shoot me!" act is a little suspect.

What's the best town reasoning there? (In the interest of town, that is, rather than in the interest of figuring out if he has the bulletproof vest.) Sure, it cuts the unclears pool, but if Balki is as good as others have implied, he shouldn't be trying to waste a gunshot.

If Balki is scum, though, he knows that there's a good chance he'll be lynched today. So begging to be shot not only wastes a gunshot, it robs town of seeing how everyone votes EOD on a scum lynch. Shooting town-Balki is less advantageous than lynching town-Balki; shooting scum-Balki is actually bad for town finding the rest of scum...

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2994 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:50 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:46 pm
Also, I think Balki's "shoot me!" act is a little suspect.

What's the best town reasoning there? (In the interest of town, that is, rather than in the interest of figuring out if he has the bulletproof vest.) Sure, it cuts the unclears pool, but if Balki is as good as others have implied, he shouldn't be trying to waste a gunshot.

If Balki is scum, though, he knows that there's a good chance he'll be lynched today. So begging to be shot not only wastes a gunshot, it robs town of seeing how everyone votes EOD on a scum lynch. Shooting town-Balki is less advantageous than lynching town-Balki; shooting scum-Balki is actually bad for town finding the rest of scum...
This is a dumb argument. Somebody tell him why. Or, Foxy, think about this again and tell us why.

MeanLaQueefa

#2995 Post by MeanLaQueefa » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:52 pm

Um, wouldn't the other scum bus the shit out of balki at this point? We all know he's going down, the only person that seems even a little iffy on it is reedeer, and maybe vash or yoyo but they haven't been around. I'm not sure how useful the lynch is, plus if we end up losing the person who has the gun tonight through nk, we lose another town led kill.

Go to court balki.

Foxcastle

#2996 Post by Foxcastle » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:57 pm

Okay, sure the EOD vote record isn't going to tell us much. But I still think it wastes a shot that should be held back. If we're worried about whoever has the gun getting NK'd they can fire it at EON.

Jamiet99uk

#2997 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:30 pm

VOTE COUNT 5.1

Balki (4) - Tom Bombadil(END), MeanLaQueefa, Foxcastle(END), Bozotheclown
Bozotheclown (1) - DemonRHK
Foxcastle (1) - Balki Bartokomous

Currently BALKI BARTOKOMOUS is set to be lynched.

You have 1 day, 2 hours and 30 minutes remaining.

- Deputy Backup GM Jamiet99uk

Maniac
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2998 Post by Maniac » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:34 pm

IMPORTANT

- I'm going to have to veto Balki's lynch or shooting today - sorry about that.

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2999 Post by Tom Bombadil » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:37 pm