MAFIA 49 -Avengers "Re-release"- GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
bozotheclown

Re: MAFIA 49 -Avengers "Re-release"- GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

#721 Post by bozotheclown » Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:56 pm

scum survey:
bozo: Vapor, emc, rdrivera, Nephthys
BunnyGo: emc, Kalel, bozo, brainbomb
Nephthys: Espresso, Jamie, foodcoats, bozo
Vapor: darg, Espresso, Temasek, ?
Espresso: Foxcastle, emc, Kalel, darg?
damo: Chaqa, darg, emc, Kalel
foodcoats: brainbomb, emc, Foxcastle, Maniac
darg: Vapor, BunnyG, Kitsune, emc
Maniac: xorxes, Espresso, Kalel, ?
Kitsune: bozo, Temasek, ?, ?

BunnyGo

#722 Post by BunnyGo » Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:58 pm

@Kit

if you actually want to change your vote you have to do it right. Not the hashtags before the name, put the hashtags before the word vote, then put the name.

BunnyGo

#723 Post by BunnyGo » Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:59 pm

@maniac

that was well reasoned, and articulate. The formatting was hard to follow, but I managed.

Will go have a dig through the posts and see what I think too.

Temasek22

#724 Post by Temasek22 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:00 pm

dargorygel wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:15 pm
Kitsune wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:53 am
@dargorygel - So how worried exactly should I be that you have me on your little list twice? ^_^
lol
the lower scum is temasek.
stop wearing masks.
I figured.

Foxcastle

#725 Post by Foxcastle » Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:00 pm

Nephthys wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:58 am
EspressoPatronum wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:54 am
Btw, I'm online for the next hour or so. I'll be catching up but can engage realtime in between catchup posts.
Ok then, how bout we start with analysing your wagon at its peak

EspressoPatronum (5) Foxcastle Vaporwave KalelChase xorxes brainbomb Nephthys

How many scum do you think were on you and who do you suspect?
Did Espresso ever answer this? I have a comment on it, but want to make sure he answered it before I say what I want to say.

Temasek22

#726 Post by Temasek22 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:00 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:58 pm
@Kit

if you actually want to change your vote you have to do it right. Not the hashtags before the name, put the hashtags before the word vote, then put the name.
+1

ND

#727 Post by ND » Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:01 pm

Havent had much time this game. Hopefully will have more time later on

Foxcastle

#728 Post by Foxcastle » Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:04 pm

EspressoPatronum wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:24 am
Looking to Fox, and as I've stated earlier, his initial lurker callout could easily be a scum tool to appear busy. It also allowed him a narrative to vote me after scumreading him for it.
I didn't scumread you for you being a lurker. I called you a lurker at a time when you were, in fact, lurking. Interesting that you're getting all defensive about it. Perhaps the lady doth protest too much.

Also, I didn't vote you for being a lurker. I voted you for doing sketchy stuff I didn't like (your macro reads list, e.g.). PERHAPS SHE DOTH.

So this looks like an attempt to manufacture an agenda that you can counter, rather than talking about what's actually going on.

Foxcastle

#729 Post by Foxcastle » Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:05 pm

Kitsune wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:28 am
This feels like Fox’s first way to tell scum now.

He said they either try to blend well with the crowd and not make waves, or else they have a pet agenda that they try to push in spite of any opposition.

Why do you @bozo believe Nepthys thinks doing this survey now is a bad idea?

Separately, why is he wrong?
What are you saying I said, because I don't recognize it.

Foxcastle

#730 Post by Foxcastle » Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:06 pm

I will try to keep up on the thread during the day, but I have been hosed at work and it's all come to a head today, so I will probably not be posting much. I commute from about 75 minutes before end of day to about 30 minute before end of day, but should be around for the phase change.

BunnyGo

#731 Post by BunnyGo » Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:11 pm

Likewise starting in about 7 hours I'm going to be slammed at work for the following 30 hours.

Maniac
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#732 Post by Maniac » Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:15 pm

I'm going to be really pushed up until EOD, I have work, then canvassing, then straight to quiz where i can't use my phone, then drive home so won't be able o contribute much if at all.

I'll try and read-up when i can.

in the meantime here are my abridged reads

Bozotheclown - town
brainbomb - town
BunnyGo - town
Chaqa - null
damo666 - null
dargo - null
e.m.c^42 - town
EspressoPatronum – Scum 2, if xorxes is
foodcoats - town
Foxcastle - null
Jamiet99uk - nul
KalelChase – scum 3, Xorxes says Kalel and Espresso can’t both be scum even though he looks scummy. I think experience xorxes is giving newbie kalal some cover here.
Kitsune - town
Maniac - Handsome
ND - null
Nephthys - null
rdrivera2005 - town
Temasek22 - null
Vaporwave - town
worcej - town
xorxes – Scum 1
Yuuki - null

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#733 Post by rdrivera2005 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:18 pm

Kitsune wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:38 pm
Town:
Brain - Seems organised and driving an agenda, but also furthering discussion instead of shutting down other ideas.
Me - Well, obviously. But I mean, hmu with any of those questions you may have. I may not always be sure where I should be chiming in or not when over- or under- posting seems to upset people, but I'm generally polite enough to answer anything you decide to ask me directly. Try me! BD

Xorxes - Could be subjective, but I get a solid investigative town read from him. I'd put him in my towncore, if I was picking one. And I guess I am. So, there.

Townlean:
BunnyGo - I like his conviction, if not all the ripples from his playing style crossing most of the group's. Fairly comfortable with townlean but willing to listen to counterproposals.
Worcej - Not getting a scum vibe here with his prodding actions, but getting some weird vibes from his apparent attempts at a low profile. Possible SK vibe? If not then a solid townie.

Jamie - I don't get the scummy vibes EP was citing here. May be based on meta considerations I'm only hearing second hand. Leaning town, if a little more weakly than others.

Vapourwave - Got some weird and confusing vibes earlier, but I'm liking the way he's working on this now.

Kalel - I read him as a zealous newcomer to the webDip meta (and yes I realise the irony in me saying this). So... possible SK candidate but I don't read him as scum until he incriminates himself further.
Darg - I didn't enjoy his focus when it was on me, but I see what he's doing and I like that he's trying to progress the investigation short of clear details on how he's not.
Null:

Rdrivera, - Simply don't know yet.
ND - Simply don't know yet.
Vapour - Simply don't know yet.
Fox - I don't feel him as Scum. His lurker drive seems more like a townie with his own agenda, and he hasn't stuck to it monomaniacally which... actually improves my vibe on him.
EMC - Same. I've been him very thin on the ground in other commitments we're in togehter so I can believe he's busy however irritating that is for us.
Nephthys - Appears to be advancing the investigation, but also seemed to contradict himself once or twice. Will look forward to seeing what develops.
EspressoPatronum - I don't agree with all his conclusions, but still reading him as mistaken rather than malicious and reassured by recent comments by and about him I'm prepared to put him here.
Scumlean:

Scum:
Bozo - On reconsidering... I think I'm actually putting Bozo here now. Combination of the two heuristics, he seems to go from keeping a low profile for long periods of time to pushing his four-row agenda and trying to enlist an increasing number of the players into subscribing to his meta for the game. Maybe he's right? I'm not sure I trust him at this point. Maybe he'll up his clarity later as players who know him better are suggesting.

Temasek - Most people excusing this are saying it's just his meta, and they could well be right. I don't know it, so not judging on that and purely looking at this game I see him posting largely to no purpose and jumping onto existing wagons to try to keep his head down.

-----------------------

I'm missing four people I think. But it's late. I'll work out who I'm missing in the morning.

For now, swapping my vote to

##bozotheclown
Maybe I am wrong about Bozo and was right about Kitsune, this reads look so fabricated.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#734 Post by rdrivera2005 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:22 pm

To Bozo, right now my four guesses would be Expresso, Bozo, Kalel and Foxcastle. But some of this doesn't fit together and I need to sort Kitsume.

I have good town vibes from Nepth, Damo and Maniac the others are just meh.

worcej

#735 Post by worcej » Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:25 pm

ND wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:50 pm
Anyone policy voting someone from something they said page two is a straight up retard or scum.
I 100% agree with this, but you should probably express this when you vote not afterwards.

worcej

#736 Post by worcej » Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:25 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:52 pm
worcej wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:23 pm
dargorygel wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:05 pm
@Jamie
I see what you purport... I don't think worcej is pr-hunting, but his question gives, perhaps, scum places to make their NK more confusing to town.
Thinking about it, how the hell is my question "who would you kill if you were mafia" a PR hunt?

Explain that one for me Jamie.
Because you could have asked "who seems the most town?" Or you could have asked "who is at the greatest risk of NK?".

But your phrasing of your question was such that it may reveal a lot about how willing each person is to answer.
Ding ding ding!

worcej

#737 Post by worcej » Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:28 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:00 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
worcej wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:23 pm
Thinking about it, how the hell is my question "who would you kill if you were mafia" a PR hunt?

Explain that one for me Jamie.
Because you could have asked "who seems the most town?" Or you could have asked "who is at the greatest risk of NK?".

But your phrasing of your question was such that it may reveal a lot about how willing each person is to answer.
Let me develop this further.

Worcej asked: " If you were Mafia, who would you NightKill?"

Mafia usually want to kill town PRs.

So if you're town and answer honestly, YOU'D BE TELLING WORCEJ YOUR STRONGEST TOWN PR READ.

If you're town and answer dishonestly, YOU MIGHT BE A TOWN PR DEFLECTING FROM YOUR REAL ROLE.

If you're scum, you'd answer dishonestly to obfuscate the fact you know who isn't mafia.

Worcej's request has much more relevance as a SCUM MOTIVATED gambit than a townie request for information.

Prove me wrong.
To be fair, re-reading most all mafia chats, you find the N1 kill is based off who people think are solving and/or are a PR.

The question itself was used to gauge the players and see how people responded. Some people responded with a name and why. Some responded with the generic 'I'd get a PR', which is the safe and generic response. Then some freaked out about the question and went on a tangent.

Temasek22

#738 Post by Temasek22 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:31 pm

worcej wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:28 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:00 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:

Let me develop this further.

Worcej asked: " If you were Mafia, who would you NightKill?"

Mafia usually want to kill town PRs.

So if you're town and answer honestly, YOU'D BE TELLING WORCEJ YOUR STRONGEST TOWN PR READ.

If you're town and answer dishonestly, YOU MIGHT BE A TOWN PR DEFLECTING FROM YOUR REAL ROLE.

If you're scum, you'd answer dishonestly to obfuscate the fact you know who isn't mafia.

Worcej's request has much more relevance as a SCUM MOTIVATED gambit than a townie request for information.

Prove me wrong.
To be fair, re-reading most all mafia chats, you find the N1 kill is based off who people think are solving and/or are a PR.

The question itself was used to gauge the players and see how people responded. Some people responded with a name and why. Some responded with the generic 'I'd get a PR', which is the safe and generic response. Then some freaked out about the question and went on a tangent.
Personally I think it's a good reaction test question that is NAI, but I doubt anyone is with me on this.

Temasek22

#739 Post by Temasek22 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:35 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:56 pm
scum survey:
bozo: Vapor, emc, rdrivera, Nephthys
BunnyGo: emc, Kalel, bozo, brainbomb
Nephthys: Espresso, Jamie, foodcoats, bozo
Vapor: darg, Espresso, Temasek, ?
Espresso: Foxcastle, emc, Kalel, darg?
damo: Chaqa, darg, emc, Kalel
foodcoats: brainbomb, emc, Foxcastle, Maniac
darg: Vapor, BunnyG, Kitsune, emc
Maniac: xorxes, Espresso, Kalel, ?
Kitsune: bozo, Temasek, ?, ?
I'll go with kalel, Espresso, xorx and bozo for the list. Also, doesn't the term 'scum' include the SK? I'm clueless just like an unassuming spider

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#740 Post by Chaqa » Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:38 pm

e.m.c^42 wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:41 am
Catching up, catching up, don't expect much of anything from here until tomorrow lol, going to blatantly pull the vaguely scummy not-here card for a bit longer

sorry
EMC you're killing me! Going to make me defend you for a third game straight...

FWIW, he really has been absent. We had to pause the Coalition game and I haven't talked to him in a few days, so while it's NAI, he isn't lying about being gone.