Mini Mafia 1008 - Triple Agent

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Post Reply
Message
Author
damo666
Posts: 3716
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:04 am
Location: London
Karma: 303

Re: Mini Mafia 1008 - Triple Agent

#81 Post by damo666 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:26 pm

Thanks yuuki

yavuzovic
Posts: 2292
Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:42 pm
Karma: 364
Contact:

Re: Mini Mafia 1008 - Triple Agent

#82 Post by yavuzovic » Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:26 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:39 pm
yavuzovic wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:07 pm
PHASE 1:
The second phase, brainbomb has anonymous tip.

● Anonymous Tip: You are informed about one of the players, by an unknown
source that knew about these players at the start of the game. Now you know who they were at the start of the game: mafia or town. You can perform your operation on the [related phase] phase.
Wasn't the player chosen by xorxes supposed to be revealed to all players?
That's right, he targeted EspressoPatronum.
1

damo666
Posts: 3716
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:04 am
Location: London
Karma: 303

Re: Mini Mafia 1008 - Triple Agent

#83 Post by damo666 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:27 pm

@EP What did Xorxes confess?

e.m.c^42
Posts: 2008
Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:00 pm
Location: Rated 0/5 Stars; ☆☆☆☆☆
Karma: 599

Re: Mini Mafia 1008 - Triple Agent

#84 Post by e.m.c^42 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:35 pm

##GM Note

Yavuz was in a hurry when posting the operation change, and missed part of it. To clarify, this sentence should have been at the bottom of the post:

Xorxes has confessed to EspressoPatronum
2

bozotheclown
Posts: 3646
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:13 am
Karma: 47

Re: Mini Mafia 1008 - Triple Agent

#85 Post by bozotheclown » Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:03 pm

yuuki wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:23 pm
From my point of view this is now quite easy as there are 3 confirmed town, though I understand no one else yet knows I'm town too. If there are any other townies out there, use your powers to clear me so that we can have a block of 4 and avoid a loss regardless of rd
Right, if we can prove yuuki is town, we have 3 clears.

bozotheclown
Posts: 3646
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:13 am
Karma: 47

Re: Mini Mafia 1008 - Triple Agent

#86 Post by bozotheclown » Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:04 pm

yavuzovic wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:26 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:39 pm
yavuzovic wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:07 pm
PHASE 1:
The second phase, brainbomb has anonymous tip.

● Anonymous Tip: You are informed about one of the players, by an unknown
source that knew about these players at the start of the game. Now you know who they were at the start of the game: mafia or town. You can perform your operation on the [related phase] phase.
Wasn't the player chosen by xorxes supposed to be revealed to all players?
That's right, he targeted EspressoPatronum.
OK, thanks.

bozotheclown
Posts: 3646
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:13 am
Karma: 47

Re: Mini Mafia 1008 - Triple Agent

#87 Post by bozotheclown » Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:05 pm

So now xorxes has to explain why he did not confess to damo.

damo666
Posts: 3716
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:04 am
Location: London
Karma: 303

Re: Mini Mafia 1008 - Triple Agent

#88 Post by damo666 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:16 pm

we await Xorxes and EP

xorxes
Posts: 3743
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:45 am
Karma: 209

Re: Mini Mafia 1008 - Triple Agent

#89 Post by xorxes » Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:30 pm

Sorry, I missed the deadline, my target was chosen by GMs at random.

xorxes
Posts: 3743
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:45 am
Karma: 209

Re: Mini Mafia 1008 - Triple Agent

#90 Post by xorxes » Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:38 pm

yavuzovic wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:10 pm
====================
Player and Operations List
====================
xorxes - Confession
yuuki - Secret intel
brainbomb - Anonymous tip
EspressoPatronum - Confession
damo666 - Old photos
RagingIke297 - Confession
rdrivera2005 - Hidden Agenda
bozotheclown - Old photos
=====================
So if yuuki is town, that means scum are three of brain, EP, Ike, rivera.

EP now knows I'm town. If yuuki is scum, then it could still be anyone.

Is the anonymous tip random, or does brainbomb get to choose who to target?

bozotheclown
Posts: 3646
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:13 am
Karma: 47

Re: Mini Mafia 1008 - Triple Agent

#91 Post by bozotheclown » Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:46 pm

xorxes wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:30 pm
Sorry, I missed the deadline, my target was chosen by GMs at random.
Did you know what would happen if you did not submit a selection by the deadline? Do you realize missing the deadline makes it look like you are mafia and damo is town?

xorxes
Posts: 3743
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:45 am
Karma: 209

Re: Mini Mafia 1008 - Triple Agent

#92 Post by xorxes » Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:53 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:46 pm
xorxes wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:30 pm
Sorry, I missed the deadline, my target was chosen by GMs at random.
Did you know what would happen if you did not submit a selection by the deadline? Do you realize missing the deadline makes it look like you are mafia and damo is town?
Yes, I had asked about what would happen if I missed the deadline.

damo was not the most voted when I checked the thread this morning, nobody had more than one vote at the time. I intended to check during my lunch break but I didn't make it in time.

bozotheclown
Posts: 3646
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:13 am
Karma: 47

Re: Mini Mafia 1008 - Triple Agent

#93 Post by bozotheclown » Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:53 pm

xorxes wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:30 pm
Sorry, I missed the deadline, my target was chosen by GMs at random.
Can we get a GM confirmation that the target is selected at random if no choice is submitted by the deadline? The setup does not mention this.

bozotheclown
Posts: 3646
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:13 am
Karma: 47

Re: Mini Mafia 1008 - Triple Agent

#94 Post by bozotheclown » Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:55 pm

xorxes wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:53 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:46 pm
xorxes wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:30 pm
Sorry, I missed the deadline, my target was chosen by GMs at random.
Did you know what would happen if you did not submit a selection by the deadline? Do you realize missing the deadline makes it look like you are mafia and damo is town?
Yes, I had asked about what would happen if I missed the deadline.

damo was not the most voted when I checked the thread this morning, nobody had more than one vote at the time. I intended to check during my lunch break but I didn't make it in time.
You asked what would happen if you missed the deadline but did not submit a preliminary choice in case you missed the deadline?

xorxes
Posts: 3743
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:45 am
Karma: 209

Re: Mini Mafia 1008 - Triple Agent

#95 Post by xorxes » Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:57 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:55 pm
xorxes wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:53 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:46 pm


Did you know what would happen if you did not submit a selection by the deadline? Do you realize missing the deadline makes it look like you are mafia and damo is town?
Yes, I had asked about what would happen if I missed the deadline.

damo was not the most voted when I checked the thread this morning, nobody had more than one vote at the time. I intended to check during my lunch break but I didn't make it in time.
You asked what would happen if you missed the deadline but did not submit a preliminary choice in case you missed the deadline?
I couldn't submit a preliminary choice because the choice is announced as soon as it is made, not at the deadline.

bozotheclown
Posts: 3646
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:13 am
Karma: 47

Re: Mini Mafia 1008 - Triple Agent

#96 Post by bozotheclown » Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:05 pm

xorxes wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:57 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:55 pm
xorxes wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:53 pm


Yes, I had asked about what would happen if I missed the deadline.

damo was not the most voted when I checked the thread this morning, nobody had more than one vote at the time. I intended to check during my lunch break but I didn't make it in time.
You asked what would happen if you missed the deadline but did not submit a preliminary choice in case you missed the deadline?
I couldn't submit a preliminary choice because the choice is announced as soon as it is made, not at the deadline.
Why didn't you let the rest of us know this and ask for votes by a certain time so you could submit a choice before the deadline?

e.m.c^42
Posts: 2008
Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:00 pm
Location: Rated 0/5 Stars; ☆☆☆☆☆
Karma: 599

Re: Mini Mafia 1008 - Triple Agent

#97 Post by e.m.c^42 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:14 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:53 pm
xorxes wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:30 pm
Sorry, I missed the deadline, my target was chosen by GMs at random.
Can we get a GM confirmation that the target is selected at random if no choice is submitted by the deadline? The setup does not mention this.
Yes. For all operations that involve player input, if said input is not received by phase adjudication, then the target(s) will be determined by RNG.
1

yavuzovic
Posts: 2292
Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:42 pm
Karma: 364
Contact:

Re: Mini Mafia 1008 - Triple Agent

#98 Post by yavuzovic » Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:15 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:53 pm
xorxes wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:30 pm
Sorry, I missed the deadline, my target was chosen by GMs at random.
Can we get a GM confirmation that the target is selected at random if no choice is submitted by the deadline? The setup does not mention this.
GM NOTE: In case the deadline for operations is missed, targets are randomly chosen, in order to prevent information loss. This was added at the setup draft but somehow removed in the setup post.
1

xorxes
Posts: 3743
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:45 am
Karma: 209

Re: Mini Mafia 1008 - Triple Agent

#99 Post by xorxes » Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:19 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:05 pm
xorxes wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:57 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:55 pm


You asked what would happen if you missed the deadline but did not submit a preliminary choice in case you missed the deadline?
I couldn't submit a preliminary choice because the choice is announced as soon as it is made, not at the deadline.
Why didn't you let the rest of us know this and ask for votes by a certain time so you could submit a choice before the deadline?
Initially I had intended to submit my choice this morning, but when I checked there was nobody with more than one vote. Then I expected to check again at lunchtime and make my choice then. I wasn't too worried because a random choice is about as good as what I would make. The vote was no guarantee that we would be voting for a townie, and in fact the mafia could easily manipulate the vote anyway since there was no consensus.

bozotheclown
Posts: 3646
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:13 am
Karma: 47

Re: Mini Mafia 1008 - Triple Agent

#100 Post by bozotheclown » Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:21 pm

yavuzovic wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:15 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:53 pm
xorxes wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:30 pm
Sorry, I missed the deadline, my target was chosen by GMs at random.
Can we get a GM confirmation that the target is selected at random if no choice is submitted by the deadline? The setup does not mention this.
GM NOTE: In case the deadline for operations is missed, targets are randomly chosen, in order to prevent information loss. This was added at the setup draft but somehow removed in the setup post.
Thank you, can we also get a confirmation that the choice is announced as soon as it is made, and that the player making the choice does not have the option to change their mind?

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests