MAFIA 48 -The Gladiator- GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
damo666

Re: MAFIA 48 -The Gladiator- GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

#3801 Post by damo666 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:17 am

Nice game town.

Unlucky scum, you nearly had it in the bag at one stage.

Thank you ND/darg

Shame about Vecna tantrum

I hope Jamie can forgive worcej given the end result.

I thought BG played a blinder lol

Floodgates

#3802 Post by Floodgates » Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:21 pm

OK, wow that concluded fast! Thanks guys, we'll played town, better luck next time scum!

Floodgates

#3803 Post by Floodgates » Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:22 pm

Also, I can't not share this now... A few hours after joining I sent this PM to Darg.
Floodgates wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:27 am
After a few hours of reading I have my preliminary reads!

Scum - xorxes, Temasek22, Nephthys (even before the challenge) and.... maybe rdrivera?

Vaporwave

#3804 Post by Vaporwave » Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:27 pm

Floodgates wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:22 pm
Also, I can't not share this now... A few hours after joining I sent this PM to Darg.
Floodgates wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:27 am
After a few hours of reading I have my preliminary reads!

Scum - xorxes, Temasek22, Nephthys (even before the challenge) and.... maybe rdrivera?
wow that's their entire team :o I think yuuki was also a player that got everyone right

rivera and Neph were able to trick me, Chaqa was inspired to play around with his peeks

xorxes

#3805 Post by xorxes » Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:32 pm

Vecna's tantrum gave town an unlynchable VT slot, and Chaqa'a "nonexistent" night post when he was in jail meant we spent almost a whole night working under the false impression that we had jailed the bodyguard...

Those two things were not really a factor in the end though. Our biggest problem was that Chaqa and worcej were both unaware that there was a town role that scanned guilty, and they rushed to challenge Neph before we had a chance to argue against it. If Neph had claimed roleblocker before he was challenged, and I confirmed it, I think he would not have been challenged, and we had a very good shot at winning. Once he was challenged however, we were guaranteed to lose. If only Chaqa had scanned Percy instead of Neph...

Floodgates

#3806 Post by Floodgates » Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:38 pm

I agree xorxes. Taking over from Vecna in that form was pretty easy for me to maintain town status. Sorry it happens like that, it was in pretty bad form.

I don't know if worjec and chaqa didn't know about the townie that scanned scum, or if they just didn't care. I'd presumed the latter. It didn't matter much to me, as I thought it was pretty clear you were hinting to Neph to claim RB. When he did, you were scum to in my mind.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3807 Post by Chaqa » Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:07 pm

xorxes wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:32 pm
Vecna's tantrum gave town an unlynchable VT slot, and Chaqa'a "nonexistent" night post when he was in jail meant we spent almost a whole night working under the false impression that we had jailed the bodyguard...

Those two things were not really a factor in the end though. Our biggest problem was that Chaqa and worcej were both unaware that there was a town role that scanned guilty, and they rushed to challenge Neph before we had a chance to argue against it. If Neph had claimed roleblocker before he was challenged, and I confirmed it, I think he would not have been challenged, and we had a very good shot at winning. Once he was challenged however, we were guaranteed to lose. If only Chaqa had scanned Percy instead of Neph...
I posted after night starts and receive a jail notification a minute or two later :/

Jamiet99uk

#3808 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:25 pm

Good game!

For those who say I'm bad at reading the game, I'd like to point out that by D2 I had Xorxes and Neph nailed down as scum (and for pretty much the right reasons).

Worcej, I'm sorry about my temper tantrum (though it was not as incandescent as Vecna's apparently), but you did make the wrong play when you challenged me. Still, you redeemed yourself on Neph.

Xorxes, I do think your Survivor claim was a mis-play, I'm afraid. But worse was your reaction to Neph being challenged. Mechanically you were right, but you looked very scummy as his only defender.

EMC, you played pretty well especially when you were outed, and your attempts to offer deals to town and scum were entertaining to observe.

Temasek, don't lose heart at losing, and do please play again.

xorxes

#3809 Post by xorxes » Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:33 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:07 pm
xorxes wrote:

I posted after night starts and receive a jail notification a minute or two later :/
Yeah, I don't blame you for that, even if you had received the notification earlier it was obviously not done on purpose, but it did mean we were completely on the wrong track for most of that night.

xorxes

#3810 Post by xorxes » Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:42 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:25 pm

Xorxes, I do think your Survivor claim was a mis-play, I'm afraid. But worse was your reaction to Neph being challenged. Mechanically you were right, but you looked very scummy as his only defender.
The survivor claim was initially meant as a joke, I don't think it hurt me though, it saved me from being questioned for not being killed N1.

I knew that defending Neph meant that I was next in line. That was the whole point. With Neph caught we had already lost and I wanted out as soon as possible. Worcej's two NKs plus all the PRs still alive meant our chances were next to zero at that point, and the only way to minimally increase them was if I was challenged by yuuki instead of Temasek being challenged.

xorxes

#3811 Post by xorxes » Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:52 pm

Floodgates wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:38 pm
I agree xorxes. Taking over from Vecna in that form was pretty easy for me to maintain town status. Sorry it happens like that, it was in pretty bad form.

I don't know if worjec and chaqa didn't know about the townie that scanned scum, or if they just didn't care. I'd presumed the latter. It didn't matter much to me, as I thought it was pretty clear you were hinting to Neph to claim RB. When he did, you were scum to in my mind.
Chaqa said he was not aware, and he's the one that rushed worcej into making the challenge. Even if they were going to challenge him, not knowing that Neph was the Emperor it made more sense for yuuki to challenge first, because the odds were that Neph was not the Emperor, and yuuki had to challenge that day anyway before dying. So yeah, luck was not on our side that day.

worcej

#3812 Post by worcej » Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:30 pm

xorxes wrote:

I was aware of that btw. I fired the challenge knowing there was a small chance we hit the RB, but better odds it was a scum player.

worcej

#3813 Post by worcej » Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:32 pm

Floodgates wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:38 pm

Also this.

worcej

#3814 Post by worcej » Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:33 pm

Yeah, bad luck hit you guys hard.

The fact I WIFOM'ed onto rdr was incredibly lucky as well.

xorxes

#3815 Post by xorxes » Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:13 pm

worcej wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:30 pm
xorxes wrote:

I was aware of that btw. I fired the challenge knowing there was a small chance we hit the RB, but better odds it was a scum player.
25% it was better not to challenge
50% it was better yuuki challenged
25% it was better worcej challenged

So you played against the odds.

xorxes

#3816 Post by xorxes » Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:22 pm

worcej wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:33 pm
Yeah, bad luck hit you guys hard.

The fact I WIFOM'ed onto rdr was incredibly lucky as well.
Hitting any one of the four remaining unclears was equally good at that point.

foodcoats

#3817 Post by foodcoats » Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:58 pm

Nice job town! Well played.

Thanks darg and ND for running, the flavor and set up were great.

RagingIke297

#3818 Post by RagingIke297 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:17 pm

So when are sign ups for 49 going to start?!

Vecna

#3819 Post by Vecna » Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:09 pm

Sorry for replacing out the way I did, and putting the GM's in the position where they had to manage a bunch of unruly pissed off individuals. After getting that annoyed it seemed like the right move to not continue and cause more toxicity in the thread. Also, getting that worked up over something as silly was probably a good indication as that it was better to not continue with the game.

I have no idea why certain mafia players are pretending it was that action that made my slot unlynchable though ;)

Well played Chaqa. Not sure if you pretending to have scanned Chaqa is what ultimately stopped scum from killing you, but youre definately the reason this turnaround was possible.

Regardless, why on earth did scum not use Rdrivera to do all nightkills? The scum gladiator would still kill the bodyguard, even if it protected their target. There was nothing town could to to save Worcej and other PR's, so that definately was a major tactical mistake.

brainbomb

#3820 Post by brainbomb » Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:39 am

Vecna wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:09 pm
Sorry for replacing out the way I did, and putting the GM's in the position where they had to manage a bunch of unruly pissed off individuals. After getting that annoyed it seemed like the right move to not continue and cause more toxicity in the thread. Also, getting that worked up over something as silly was probably a good indication as that it was better to not continue with the game.

I have no idea why certain mafia players are pretending it was that action that made my slot unlynchable though ;)

Well played Chaqa. Not sure if you pretending to have scanned Chaqa is what ultimately stopped scum from killing you, but youre definately the reason this turnaround was possible.

Regardless, why on earth did scum not use Rdrivera to do all nightkills? The scum gladiator would still kill the bodyguard, even if it protected their target. There was nothing town could to to save Worcej and other PR's, so that definately was a major tactical mistake.
Vecna, I forbid you to die