Mafia 47 - The Sixth Mass Extinction - GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
bozotheclown

Re: Mafia 47 - The Sixth Mass Extinction - GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

#1461 Post by bozotheclown » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:15 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:09 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:05 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:59 pm

You are forgetting that I specifically stated I would move off Moscow if he began to properly participate. I kept my promise.
You said you would not move off of him until he posted 12 times, but he had only posted 8 times when you changed you vote. Not that I really think that means anything, but it was the part about forgetting how good a player he was that looked suspicious to me. I did not see anything is his 8 posts that warranted that reaction.
At no point did I say I had forgotten that. You are distorting the narrative.
Sorry, I had not gone back to look at the post.
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:35 pm
Ok so first of all I'll ##UNVOTE because Moscow has actually showed up and made some game-related posts.

This is clear proof that pressure voting lurkers is useful play, and I'm gonna do this to Moscow every D1 from now on. Moscow, my friend, thanks for joining us. I remember you're a good player when you make the effort, so hopefully you'll keep up now.

EMC is super weird for keeping his vote on himself for ages while he was the lead wagon, but I see he has moved it now.

@Rdrivera: Why on earth did you claim your role so early, and under no pressure? What was the point of that exactly?
I took this to mean he did something to make you remember he is a good player.

brainbomb

#1462 Post by brainbomb » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:18 pm

My opinion is the bo was bussing foodcoats.
I would say chaqa is definetely scum woth bo, and foodcoats.

the other 2 in that mix, not sure.

Jamiet99uk

#1463 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:19 pm

Ah, no, Bozo. I understand your interpretation. I merely meant, ironically, that I had *not* forgotten Moscow used to be a good player.

Sadly we cannot enjoy his wisdom because some dimwit chimps shot him.

Jamiet99uk

#1464 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:19 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:18 pm

It's probably me and Vecna.

flash2015
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1465 Post by flash2015 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:22 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:18 pm

I think I asked you this before. What is the case on foodcoats?

worcej

#1466 Post by worcej » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:25 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:58 am
knowing maf can janitor theyll aim for a protective.
most likely theyll shoot someone who said lynching them would be really bad.

im assuming worcej will get murked
:o

worcej

#1467 Post by worcej » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:25 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:23 am
heres where they all go hide now and see if bb is telling them worcej is town protective or not.

better listen to my brilliance.

;)
:o :o

worcej

#1468 Post by worcej » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:27 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:51 am
ya likely not.

im glad I tied it. ties are funny.
You used the vote stealing power the only real way it could benefit town. I don't know why Neph didn't listen to the fact that vote stealing is almost only a scum ability...

bozotheclown

#1469 Post by bozotheclown » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:27 pm

Percy Williams wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:56 pm
I'm going to hardclaim Stick bug, I know the Mafia has fakeclaims, but I can always be lynched D5 if I do nothing.
Do you know if you are able to scan on N4 or N5?

worcej

#1470 Post by worcej » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:28 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:06 pm
by the way, since when is webdip mafia a lesson in redisciplining players how theyre supposed to play.

the whole wagon on emc was about behavioral correction because he always waits til ten minutes left in a phase to vote.

Im trying to understand when we replaced scumhunting with scolding lynches.

did you losers all go get girls pregnant and decide you needed some fatherhood practice
When Fox got beat badly in a game? Not sure, but it is shit to try to force people to play a certain way.

Oh wait... we just had a huge community shit show about that!

worcej

#1471 Post by worcej » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:31 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:46 pm
FOXCASTLE
m41 was scum
http://mafia.peterlund.se/e/web/msgs?g= ... =Foxcastle

day had 26 posts.
voted late in the day, became a wagon. almost died day 1.claimed doc. survived to f3.

TLDR: Fox has been the scum to go the distance 1 of 2 tries. his first outing was with ghug, durga, bo, and byron. he survived to endgame and won. Fox was elusive, masterful, and calculated. he won over people with his too good to be scum newb demeanor.

In M41 he lost alot of his luster. his survival was a product of town catching scum and serial killer perfectly in succession. Although worcej will forever blame his defeat on me :/. regardless fox plays scum as a survivor. he knows what it takes to stay alive and he tends to do exactly what he individually must do to display independent thoughts and look useful.

Current game
http://mafia.peterlund.se/e/web/msgs?g= ... =Foxcastle

73 posts. singularly focused on emc needing to change his bad behaviors. tunnely. has commented on a lot of other things including massclaim. his reads usually revolve around anyone who isnt voting emc. Seems a bit overly fixated.

could be scum, if emc flips town, fox is probably just a wolf who needed some way to look busy.
Why do I blame you for losing as SK? It was actually Neph's last second, unwarranted claim that got scum to swap off him and onto me.

worcej

#1472 Post by worcej » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:32 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:53 pm
xorxes wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:40 am
Foxcastle wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:17 am
Emc and Percy and Damo could be scum together. Damo comes in with a Jamiet vote at 16 minutes out. Why try to start the Jamiet wagon after he said he'd vote for Bozo or Percy? Percy was the leading wagon at that point, and Bozo had started to fade...
I wouldn't townclear Percy or damo, but focusing on them at this point given their claims is a waste of time. If you think they are scum look for their three partners. Percy and damo should not be lynched for a while.
Xorxes, why are you tutting around the thread telling people what they should and should not look into?

If I were going down a rabbit hole where brain and/or rdrivera are hardcore scum, sure, wave me off that idea. But what I posted is perfectly reasonable look at a thing that happened during EOD, and in a game where nearly everybody's going to have a claim, and where mafia are for sure going to have claims, that's really not a great reason to stop looking at people.
Damnit, now Fox finally says something towny...

brainbomb

#1473 Post by brainbomb » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:34 pm

SCUMBOSOX 3.0

Its all in the speech.that big riveting sermon. Bo looooves to give big long winded sermons as scum.

in M33 he delivers several long sermons about strategy. the old days. Playing ball with the boys. chasing storms. shining up his glock.

On day 1 as a wolf in M33 bo stands on the balcony looking down at the masses and delivers a riveting sermon.
Here it is:
cum?
Page 31 : g=33&user=bo_sox48
bo_sox48
Day-1 16:16
page 31 @CB … I’ll answer your questions, but you should vote for bo, not bo_. I don’t know who that is. You should also try critical thinking, because brain has said nothing that makes any sort of sense at all, and yet apparently you’re buying in.

“Can you explain why you progressed like you did in regards to ghug and Damian?”

Not really, but I can explain them separately. Ghug was scummy early on. I explained that. I’ll explain it again, since reading is hard:

Ghug spent the first many pages of the thread doing nothing but shitposting and putting in zero effort at all and then bailed out when things started to get fun, unfortunately. Perhaps real life got in the way. Regardless, the reason why he left when he did is irrelevant to my case, which begins on page 2 when he tried to give himself some credibility by talking about how we can’t go back and look at the cop’s crumbs because we don’t know when he dies. As everyone else knew, there’s no cop. For some reason, ghug didn’t know that, but instead of following up this failure of a post with some other attempt at starting a productive conversation about PRs in this game, he just goes on to shitpost. It’s like he gave up on being productive in the name of flirting with Demon.

I don’t think ghug cares so much about establishing page 2 credibility as town, but I can see why he would as scum. Early credibility gives you a free pass. Town ghug doesn’t want a free pass; in fact, he went on a tirade in the last god thread toward me about how he’s so good at getting scumread on D1 just enough to not be a NK target. Towncred is the opposite of what town ghug wants early on. If you have such an amazing grasp on his meta, why have you not caught onto this? Hell, even if that was somehow town ghug, why would he go on to spend the next two hours doing nothing but shitposting and putting in zero effort if his intention on page 2 was to start a productive conversation? It makes no sense as town. The only reason that he would try to be productive like that and then totally bail on being productive at all, all in the span of a few minutes, would be because his only purpose with that post on page 2 was to try to gain towncred.

As for damian, I didn’t pressure him when I was grilling brainbomb because I was grilling brainbomb. Have you ever done that before? You can’t multitask too much. Try it sometime and you’ll understand. During the course of that conversation, damian seemed to be normal damian, which is relatively reserved but also attentive, so I left him alone. I don’t really remember all that many particulars of damian’s game other than what I voted for him for, which is why I said then and there that I probably need to do a reread on him.

I’m not sure why you’re asking me why I’m scumreading him as opposed to just taking his perfectly honest explanation of why I’m perfectly within reason to scumread him at face value, frankly. We don’t usually get someone helping us explain why we should scumread them so candidly.

Now, why didn’t I turn up the heat on him?Well, first of all, work, as I said. Life’s a bitch. Second of all, damian was already a leading wagon. I wasn’t creating his wagon, nor was I offering up anything new, nor was I supplementing existing information at all. All I was doing was adding my tally mark to the other tally marks before mine. Contrarily, I was doing all of those things with brainbomb. I don’t see any real parallels here.

Since you haven’t managed to figure it out for yourself, brainbomb is not only tunneling, but his tunneling is allowing him to make the leap into mischaracterizing my lack of attention to damian as sinister. He is stuck on the idea that damian and I are scum, so obviously the fact that I didn’t do to damian what I did to him is because we’re scumbuddies working together. There is no other explanation in his mind, despite the obvious one I just gave. If your standards are so low that you apparently think that his explanation is “fair,” I hope that you think mine is worthy of a Nobel Prize. Please get better at this game.

As for your other questions, the answer to all of them is your mom

M34 bo offers us this wonderful life event speech

bo_sox48
Night-1 08:22
page 32 / orig Hey guys, fun update. My girlfriend ordered us pizza last night and I was perfectly fine before then, but since then I have vomited a dozen or so times, can't hardly move without absurd abdominal pain, and haven't actually slept. The good news out of all of that is I'm obviously not going to work the next couple of days, so maybe I'll be able to catch up here. The bad news is that I have had food poisoning three times this month now and I'm not sure if this is an unfortunate coincidence anymore or if I have holes in my stomach or something joyful like that. So if I totally disappear from everything, they're probably fixing some ulcers or ripping my gallbladder out. Yay
Bo sees scum play as an execerise in of you write enough words or have long enough posts people wont read them and thus its a great way to get away with saying anything. As scum bo sees large paragraphs as his gateway to being towny.

M34 Bo is mafia stalker

Page 109 : g=34&user=bo_sox48
bo_sox48
Day-3 02:34
page 109 / orig I have no idea what is mathematically best. Math is not my thing. I see that there are multiple ways to get a 2-for-1 tradeoff and that there is a chance that if yav is the real cop, he's more useful than a VT. Barely.

The fact of the matter behind my entire analysis is that I don't believe that yav is the cop, I do believe that ND is town, and I do believe that RHK is the watcher. That is the point that I have been hoping to make, but it is quite clear that rationalizing through the possibilities is harder than flipping someone that is probably not mafia and seeing where we're at, so this town doesn't want to do it. I'm going to give it one last go anyway, and if yall decide to put ND out of his misery instead of trying to actually determine his alignment yourselves, then that's fine. Hopefully it works out.

I put together what I felt was a good case against ND earlier in this game and then brainbomb said this:

"Why does newb scum!rjmcf vote scum!ND and stay on him thru EOD."

If you can actually read through that gibberish, brainbomb makes a good point. Rj voted for ND and then left, despite ND being a leading wagon. If ND were, as I supposed, a more important mafia role than Jamie, why would Rj have done that? This point trumped my case.

I pointed out that Rj did the exact same thing to Tom on D2, and that is why I townread him as well.

If yall are going to suppose that ND is mafia, you are going to have to first reconcile this point. Yavuzovic, interestingly enough, has never bothered to do so despite apparently having a guilty scan on him. If you can manage that, you are a better investigator than our cop as well as me, because I tried to think of something that might explain it. I wanted there to be something that explained it. If there is, I'll be pretty happy, honestly.

If yall are going to suppose that ND is probably not mafia, like I do, then lynch him anyway, you're doing so under the premise that he is the miller. I am not going to put my foot down on ND's throat on the premise that he is the miller because I do not particularly like lynching townies. Moreover, I would not ascribe to a 1-in-many chance that ND is the miller even if I believed that yav was the real cop and that RHK is the liar here.

I proposed a way to make this determination by reading thoroughly and making a definitive judgment as opposed to following a math equation. I thought there was a math equation to back me up, but there clearly isn't. If yall were to make a definitive judgment and say that yeah, you think ND is scum, and you could actually tell me why, and then follow that up with a good reason for thinking either yav or RHK is scum and tell me why, I would be more comfortable with things.

That said, I'm leaving for work shortly and I won't be here for EOD, so if you have any desire to try and change my mind, you have about a half hour.
in M34 bo put forth his best wolfgame ever. Almost every post was like this. very long. very analytical. very detailed.

M47 this game
Page 28 : g=47&part=Day%201&user=bo_sox48
bo_sox48
Day-1 24:46
page 28 / orig Incoming grumpy old man post. Please read.

I feel as if mafia has evolved on this site. When I began playing, there were a lot of longwinded, say-nothing type of posts, but among the stacks of long posts thrown on top of each other that nobody actually read or cared about were occasionally good bits that town could take advantage of. In this thread, and in other more recent games, it seems like the vast majority of posts are people quoting someone that somebody else said and then adding their one or two lines of input on top of it. It's not totally a bad thing. The posts that matter are a lot easier to find because I can just gloss over all the banter and actually stop at something that is, oh, I don't know, more than a long tweet in length. But it isn't great to be missing out on so much information. If those who are participating in these back-and-forth conversations are gaining something from it, the rest of us need to know somehow. Hopefully if I have to play catch up I'll be catching up on theories and cases, or coherent plans to get to theories and cases, instead of one-off conversations that make no sense to anyone but the poster themselves.

Given this, I have not come across all that many posts that fit my unnecessarily pedantic criteria for what I care to read, so there isn't very much to say.

Here's a list of things I think so far:

Mass claim: wtf no
Lynch lurkers: maybe
Discuss randomness of setup: yes

Mass claiming is beyond stupid. Besides the fact that this setup has a pretty clear mechanism to prevent it from being successful and that drawing out our PRs before the turns that they can actually use their powers have come is not a good thing, it's just not fun. I'm not here to solve a math problem; I want to play the game.

Lynching lurkers might be a smart plan, but it needs to be done cohesively. A smart mafia player in a setup like this one is probably burying themselves in the muck right now. The worst thing that they can do for themselves is draw undue attention their way, which is why, for example, I think bozo is probably town even though he's the one that keeps proposing stupid things. There should be less attention focused on those who are coming up with ideas and trying to direct traffic, so to speak, and more attention focused on those who are either not posting at all, doing what I did last night and posting just to get something down on paper, or simply following in the tracks of others who are laying bricks for them. Personally, I find the latter is the easiest way to track down lurking scum, because eventually playing by either of the former will stand out even if it doesn't on day 1. When I reread day 1, that's something I plan to look for.

This setup is clearly not randomly drawn. Someone pointed this out earlier and it got swept away in a wave of spam. That implies to me that this setup is drawn for the optimal gameplay. I don't like gaming the GMs, but they've brought this one on themselves. If we can deduce the most likely town and mafia combinations of roles, we can start to narrow down the number of fake claims that the mafia team can employ. It might not work until we have dead players to look at and might not really prove valuable until the later days in the game, but if a pattern emerges one way or another we should aim to be able to recognize it and narrow down this setup.
bo_sox48
Day-1 24:33
page 28 / orig I'm not trying to be nostalgic. The "old" way wasn't necessarily better as far as individuals deducing information and solving the game, but it was a heck of a lot better for those who weren't directly involved in those interactions to pick up on what is going on and go back through them later to analyze. I just want us to find a happy medium so that when I to go 12 hours without playing the game and need to read up a little bit, I don't feel like I would get more usefulness out of an askreddit thread.
This is the kind of posts scum bo makes. ranting about how times have changed.how the game is just quotes now.

The players who insta rush to defend bo on this point:
Chaqa

Page 29 : g=47&part=Day%201&user=Chaqa
Chaqa
Day-1 23:33
page 29 / orig
↑dargorygel: "I'll be back tomorrow with time...
First, I was trying to be funny, and no one noticed. I was posting with one word. I..."
Before I dive into this post, thanks bo for articulating what I’ve been feeling in a way more clear and concise way than I ever could. Appreciate that. I have a lot of trouble following all these back and forth quoted conversations. I miss the old big monolithic “case” posts people used to make.

But on this post - dargo isn’t someone I’ve played with too much (or have forgotten if I gave), but this entire post seems hedgey and anchoring. “Sorry I was posting so poorly, but weren’t my one-word answers so articulate! I’ll be back and better later, I promise!”

Blegh. ##Vote dargo
Chaqa sheeps bo reasoning on darg. and harkens back to this very nostalgic notion that the old days were better. He misses the big long winded cases. Well heres a big one for ya chaqalaq. Youre scum with bo!

And the other one is Foodcoats

Page 38 : g=47&part=Day%201&user=foodcoats
foodcoats
Day-1 16:42
page 38 / orig
↑brainbomb: "I never feel like much happens in these games anymore. day 1 in a webdip mafia game used to be this marathon of nonstop ..."
What Bo said in his/her great wall of text above resonated with me, insofar as webdipmafia seems to be a massive meta circlejerk instead of more play-oriented (compared to the couple games I played on mafiascum anyway). rdr and xorxes debating whether xorxes is likely to be bussing emc if emc is scum based on xorxes' meta is an absolutely ridiculous example. This environment seems to encourage people to basically not even play, perhaps because they're afraid of being hounded for their meta in the future; damo's posts are absolutely horrendous and I can't understand how someone would want to play the game this way unless it is just a long con.

brain, earlier today you were suspicious of worcej. I've been staring at worcej's posts a lot because they are very different from the other game I played with him/her when they were town. They were much humbler and quieter there. Now I find worcej is almost playing like you: spastic and elusive. Irreverent. Bombastic.

So what made you suspicious of worcej?

Scumteam
bo
chaqa
foodcoats

worcej

#1474 Post by worcej » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:39 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:04 pm
fox looks pretty unlikely to be scum based on volumetric reasoning.

damo looks well out of his range as scum as well.

I will now begin an in depth look at flash, emc, vapour and bo.

with an eye towards bo specifically because he seems pretty clear as day scum.
his pushes are all on people who arent great at defending themself.
Can you explain the damo outside of his range as scum as well as you did with Fox?

Not that I agree, but I at least follow your theory. Damo, I am clueless how you arrived at that.

brainbomb

#1475 Post by brainbomb » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:45 pm

damo is a wallflower as scum. ive been mafia with him and gmd m41 where he was scum.

he certainly looks crapola EOD1 but I think hes been in the spotlight a ton. he as waded himself into more attention and controversy than ive observed him do as scum

bozotheclown

#1476 Post by bozotheclown » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:51 pm

xorxes wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:30 pm
worcej wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:15 pm
damo666 wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:19 pm

Not 'both masons can be mafia' - there may not be any Masons which Mafia would know allowing 2 fake claims.

However I think there are 2 Masons, therefore town, and I think I know who they are.
The only way Mafia would know there is not Masons is if they were given them as fake claims. Because of this, without being a grammar police officer, 'both masons can be mafia' is true if 2 of them received those fake claims.

Hosuke could 100% be mafia and just blurted his fake claim out. The only way to 'confirm' this is to have the other Mason speak out, which should not happen yet.
This could be (yet another) townslip from worcej, or a scumslip, pending on an answer I'm waiting for from the GMs.
xorxes wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:05 am
Scum received a list with five fake claims, btw, not one fake claim each.
Interesting that you worked in the same town slip as worcej. It makes me wonder if you would do that as scum, with 1.5 hour delay.

brainbomb

#1477 Post by brainbomb » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:52 pm

http://mafia.peterlund.se/e/web/msgs?g= ... =Vaporwave

locking in vapor as scumteam member 4 with bo, foodcoats and chaqa.

Page 7 : g=47&part=Day%201&user=Vaporwave
Vaporwave
Day-1 43:54
page 7 / orig kudos to foodcoats for that kosher advice #35
pulling a wedgie on Foxy for trying to policy-lynch e.m.c and for giving nefarious reasons to worcej's plausible excuse for defending e.m.c

Vaporwave
Day-1 42:56
page 11 / orig mindmelding with chaqa in regards to bomb

if you're vig, just shoot him, don't think it's ever a wasted shot

Vaporwave
Day-1 26:58
page 22 / orig I like Chaqa but that doesn't equal to me saying he's town

liking Chaqa means he needs to posts more

Vaporwave
Day-1 20:14
page 34 / orig Town (no order of importance): Hosuke (his claim)/
worcej/xorxes/Espresso/Percy/

Lesser town:
damo/rivera/e.m.c/Chaqa

Error404 content not found: flash/dargo/bo/Moscow

Weird stuff: bozo/Fox

Advanced skills so hard to lean: bomb/Vecna

Scum potential in weird guys and advanced players

Yep vapors scum
super hedgy
very non comittal
chainsaws on everyone

brainbomb

#1478 Post by brainbomb » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:54 pm

vapor, chaqa, bo, foodcoats

we need 1 more and game is solved

Jamiet99uk

#1479 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:59 pm

I think the scumteam might as well concede now. You got em, brain. Great work.

Foxcastle

#1480 Post by Foxcastle » Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:00 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:51 pm
xorxes wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:30 pm
worcej wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:15 pm
The only way Mafia would know there is not Masons is if they were given them as fake claims. Because of this, without being a grammar police officer, 'both masons can be mafia' is true if 2 of them received those fake claims.

Hosuke could 100% be mafia and just blurted his fake claim out. The only way to 'confirm' this is to have the other Mason speak out, which should not happen yet.
This could be (yet another) townslip from worcej, or a scumslip, pending on an answer I'm waiting for from the GMs.
xorxes wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:05 am
Scum received a list with five fake claims, btw, not one fake claim each.
Interesting that you worked in the same town slip as worcej. It makes me wonder if you would do that as scum, with 1.5 hour delay.
Xorxes works on a delay, I've noticed. I wouldn't read too much into it.