Mafia 46 - Ace Attorney - GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Squigs44
Developer
Developer

Re: Mafia 46 - Ace Attorney - GAME THREAD

#6561 Post by Squigs44 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:14 pm

et wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:41 pm
@Squigs@Percy
I thought mafia NK Chippe.
Because Chippe is BA candidate.
So, I thought BA didn't want to NK Chippe.
That narrowed BA candidate.
But you two have different thought.

Why do you think BA NK'd Chippe?
Do you think Mafia knew who is BA before last night NK?
Or, do you think last night NK is for comfirmation BA?
    I'm thinking right now that BA held their kill to scan, and mafia killed Chippe.

BA would hold their kill for 2 reasons:
    1) To find out who mafia is. If the BA accidentally kills town when he wants to kill mafia, or vice versa, then that could throw off the balance of the game and BA could be in trouble. By scanning, the BA can now know who to kill tonight to set himself up for a win the following night.
    2) To throw off the mafia (and to some extent the town). The RB ability from Mafia is a huge pain for the BA. The RB means that someone can be cleared from being BA if a kill goes through, and if the kill doesn't go through, then mafia knows exactly who the BA is. So by holding the kill and scanning, he gives up less info to both town and mafia.

Why did mafia kill Chippe (or at least why didn't they kill Durga or myself)? I had a new thought on this:
    Well, maybe the mafia thought the BA would target Durga, or possibly me. While holding the kill has advantages for the BA, using the kill speeds up his road to the final three, and is generally a better play imo. So the mafia were most likely working under the assumption that the BA would kill. Who should the BA kill? Well, the BA really benefits from hitting either the mafia or town last night. Hitting either alignment would tip the balance slightly the other way, but not enough to ruin the BA. So the BA really should be targeting people that are guaranteed not to be the BA - Durga and I - to keep the pool of potential BAs open. Thus, mafia may have thought that the BA would target either Durga or I, and instead of doubling up on a kill, went for Chippe, who was also pretty widely townread.

While I don't really agree with the above reasoning I just gave, it is coherent enough that I could see a mafia team working on this logic.

Squigs44
    Developer
    Developer

#6562 Post by Squigs44 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:35 pm

##call GM - I have another fun scenario form you:

The last four players are 2 mafia, 1 SK, 1 town and it is night. At this point mafia have not ensured their success, because they must kill the town and RB the BA to win. The BA has not ensured victory because they are not in the final three, and if mafia try to kill and RB the BA, it goes to a day cycle where he can be lynched.

Now for their actions, lets assume BA and mafia both target the town player (or BA kills town and mafia targets BA). This means that they simultaneously reach their wincons. Mafia has eliminated town and is in majority, but BA makes it to the final three. Who wins?

worcej

#6563 Post by worcej » Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:36 am

Squigs44 wrote:
    Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:35 pm

The last four players are 2 mafia, 1 SK, 1 town and it is night. At this point mafia have not ensured their success, because they must kill the town and RB the BA to win. The BA has not ensured victory because they are not in the final three, and if mafia try to kill and RB the BA, it goes to a day cycle where he can be lynched.

Now for their actions, lets assume BA and mafia both target the town player (or BA kills town and mafia targets BA). This means that they simultaneously reach their wincons. Mafia has eliminated town and is in majority, but BA makes it to the final three. Who wins?
    GM Note:
    As Jamie already noted, I am not here to bounce every situation off of, so please keep that in mind as questions keep coming.

Since this is a good question, I will respond (based off your situation of 0-2-1 EON results) and say I would rule the BA wins because I've stated the BA needs to be in the final 3 as their wincon and they technically reach that first, regardless of mafia being in the majority during the next phase.

connorcompton

#6564 Post by connorcompton » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:40 am

My current most likely possibility for what happened:

Mafia is Fox and either et or Percy
    BA is ND.

And Mafia killed Chippe and rb'ed ND.

I really don't see how it would be likely BA killed Chippe, since all that does is narrows down the BA candidacy. For that reason, it makes perfect sense why Mafia would want to do that.

Durga

#6565 Post by Durga » Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:22 am

Et and Percy just don't fit to me. Even Flav fits better than them.

Durga

#6566 Post by Durga » Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:38 am

Fox - Connor mafia?

BA - ND?

I remember Fox pretty easily marking Connor in green on his weird list thing and I really didn't like it

Durga

#6567 Post by Durga » Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:40 am

Also, the only reason I see scummy damo fake claiming rb is to make his partner look good. I can't think of another reason. He couldn't possibly think he'd get Connor lynched over himself? Agh.

Foxcastle

#6568 Post by Foxcastle » Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:47 am

Durga wrote:
    Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:38 am
    Fox - Connor mafia?

BA - ND?

I remember Fox pretty easily marking Connor in green on his weird list thing and I really didn't like it
    That was documenting YOUR read of him.

Balki should get a prize for pocketing you. He’s been dead for a week and you don’t seem to have reconsidered that trash read he pushed on me at all.

et

#6569 Post by et » Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:35 pm

Squigs44 wrote:
    Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:14 pm
    et wrote:
    @Squigs@Percy

I'm thinking right now that BA held their kill to scan, and mafia killed Chippe.

1) To find out who mafia is. If the BA accidentally kills town when he wants to kill mafia, or vice versa, then that could throw off the balance of the game and BA could be in trouble. By scanning, the BA can now know who to kill tonight to set himself up for a win the following night.
      2) To throw off the mafia (and to some extent the town). The RB ability from Mafia is a huge pain for the BA. The RB means that someone can be cleared from being BA if a kill goes through, and if the kill doesn't go through, then mafia knows exactly who the BA is. So by holding the kill and scanning, he gives up less info to both town and mafia.

Why did mafia kill Chippe (or at least why didn't they kill Durga or myself)? I had a new thought on this:
      Well, maybe the mafia thought the BA would target Durga, or possibly me. While holding the kill has advantages for the BA, using the kill speeds up his road to the final three, and is generally a better play imo. So the mafia were most likely working under the assumption that the BA would kill. Who should the BA kill? Well, the BA really benefits from hitting either the mafia or town last night. Hitting either alignment would tip the balance slightly the other way, but not enough to ruin the BA. So the BA really should be targeting people that are guaranteed not to be the BA - Durga and I - to keep the pool of potential BAs open. Thus, mafia may have thought that the BA would target either Durga or I, and instead of doubling up on a kill, went for Chippe, who was also pretty widely townread.

While I don't really agree with the above reasoning I just gave, it is coherent enough that I could see a mafia team working on this logic.
      Thanks. Very persuading.
      Then, how about roleblock?
      1 Mafia didn't roleblock anyone.
      Mafia ND claimed fake roleblocked
      2 Mafia didn't roleblock anyone.
      BA ND claimed fake roleblocked.
      3 Mafia roleblocked BA ND.
      BA ND claimed roleblocked.
      4 Mafia roleblocked BA.
      BA didn't claim roleblocked
      Mafia ND claimed roleblocked
      5 Mafia roleblocked Town ND.
      Town ND claimed roleblocked.

I come up with this 5 case.
      I think upper is more likely.

et

#6570 Post by et » Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:37 pm

worcej wrote:
      Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:36 am
      Squigs44 wrote:

GM Note:
      As Jamie already noted, I am not here to bounce every situation off of, so please keep that in mind as questions keep coming.

Since this is a good question, I will respond (based off your situation of 0-2-1 EON results) and say I would rule the BA wins because I've stated the BA needs to be in the final 3 as their wincon and they technically reach that first, regardless of mafia being in the majority during the next phase.
      I come to think draw is possible.

et

#6571 Post by et » Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:50 pm

et wrote:
      Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:35 pm
      Squigs44 wrote:
      Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:14 pm
      et wrote:
      @Squigs@Percy

Thanks. Very persuading.
        Then, how about roleblock?
        2 Mafia didn't roleblock anyone.
        3 Mafia roleblocked BA ND.
        4 Mafia roleblocked BA.
        5 Mafia roleblocked Town ND.

I come up with this 5 case.
        I think upper is more likely.
        I want to correct order.

2 Mafia roleblocked BA ND.

3 Mafia roleblocked BA.

4 Mafia roleblocked Town ND.

5 Mafia didn't roleblock anyone.

Durga

#6572 Post by Durga » Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:51 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
        Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:47 am
        Durga wrote:
        Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:38 am
        Fox - Connor mafia?

BA - ND?

That was documenting YOUR read of him.

Balki should get a prize for pocketing you. He’s been dead for a week and you don’t seem to have reconsidered that trash read he pushed on me at all.
        Can you explain the trash read he pushed against you then? I've seen no instance from you that reads town to me.

Durga

#6573 Post by Durga » Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:57 pm

I can assure you that my memory is not good enough to remember anything Balki said about you. But instead of throwing shade why don't you just try to convince me otherwise

Foxcastle

#6574 Post by Foxcastle » Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:26 pm

Durga wrote:
        Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:57 pm
        I can assure you that my memory is not good enough to remember anything Balki said about you. But instead of throwing shade why don't you just try to convince me otherwise
        Have you just given up? It's not shade when it's true.

If I'm your top scumread, then town will follow you to our doom. I don't know what would change your mind. I pushed back against the Balki Special (i.e., "Foxcastle's play is vague and non-commital, present with being engaged, blah blah blah") since he started pushing it and you echoed him. But it's hard to push back against a phantom read constructed of smoke and balkifart.

I have been here. I have not been playing cautiously. I got in a slump around D3, but came back to defend myself since the Teacon matchup.

The spreadsheet was kinda dumb, but it was based on POE that I made an effort to find. (And no, you can't solve the game like that, but it called Damo and Peter! And Teacon was in the not-scum end of the rankings, so that was right, too. But I'll resurrect it if Connor is also scum, since he was number 2 (you can see on p. 265) but I excluded him and Damo because of the RB situation.) It's all WIFOM of course, because I didn't explain what in particular made me exclude certain pairs of people. (If I were scum willing to do that kind of project, you'd think I'd have done that.)

I have not been playing like scum trying to mislead town before my inevitable lynch. I have been playing like town trying to solve SOMETHING before my inevitable mislynch.

On D4, it was not actually fatal to mislynch me. Unfortunately, today it is.

Foxcastle

#6575 Post by Foxcastle » Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:34 pm

et wrote:
        Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:37 pm
        worcej wrote:
        Squigs44 wrote:

GM Note:

The GMs already said that a draw is not possible in this setup.

et

#6576 Post by et » Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:37 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
        Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:34 pm
        et wrote:
        worcej wrote:
        GM Note:

I thought that means draw is not possible in the situation I posted.
        I come to think draw is possible in other situation.

ND

#6577 Post by ND » Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:42 pm

I won't be around much today. Visiting a museum and talking with a buddy of mine who is an archivist. My thoughts haven't changed towards Fox.

Foxcastle

#6578 Post by Foxcastle » Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:49 pm

et wrote:
        Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:37 pm
        Foxcastle wrote:
        et wrote:

There's no draw, under any situation.

et

#6579 Post by et » Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:51 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
        Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:49 pm
        et wrote:
        Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:37 pm
        Foxcastle wrote:

There's no draw, under any situation.
        OK. I realised.

et

#6580 Post by et » Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:01 pm

Anyway, I think Fox is maybe town by elimination method.
        So, I don't hope lynch Fox.
        @Fox You think ND is BA. That is OK.
        Then, who do you think Mafia combination?

For example, now I think that.
        1. BA Flav Mafia ND- Connor
        2. BA Flav Mafia ND-Percy
        1 is most likely. 2 is second.
        And many person says ND is BA.
        So I will think about case of ND is BA.