Mafia 46 - Ace Attorney - GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Foxcastle

Re: Mafia 46 - Ace Attorney - GAME THREAD

#6941 Post by Foxcastle » Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:04 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:03 pm
Right, so Percy is just AWOL. :eyeroll:

Are either of you planning to endhammer this phase?
I guess he was here last night. But... not contributing much.

Foxcastle

#6942 Post by Foxcastle » Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:48 pm

If we go past the deadline today and end up running out this 48 hour night phase (unsure why it wasn't brought down to 24, as has been done in games prior), the only solution I'll have is to endhammer the final day, and that's kinda crappy.

So come on, people, put your end votes in and let's get this going.

yavuzovic

#6943 Post by yavuzovic » Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:55 pm

Absence is AI I think, at least he can explain his busyness tomorrow.
That will be a problem if he does the same in day phase.

I can vote to hammer this evening but I want to have little more time. I also want to see who dies tomorrow - although I'm worried it will be me :( I'm not sure. For your information, I haven't voted end yet.

Foxcastle

#6944 Post by Foxcastle » Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:14 pm

##CALL GMS: Why is the night phase 48 hours? That's unnecessary, and yes, I should have whined about this yesterday, but given game is already dying, and will only wither into a pointless husk if it runs through Saturday when no one will be around to enjoy it, can you please set an earlier end of phase with an announcement for appropriate lead time?

yavuzovic

#6945 Post by yavuzovic » Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:35 pm

I will vote end don't worry

Foxcastle

#6946 Post by Foxcastle » Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:37 pm

yavuzovic wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:35 pm
Yeah, but it has to be unanimous with Connor and Percy.

Foxcastle

#6947 Post by Foxcastle » Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:42 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:37 pm
yavuzovic wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:35 pm
Yeah, but it has to be unanimous with Connor and Percy.
And to be clear, I don't mind if they object, but I do mind if they simply neglect the question.

connorcompton

#6948 Post by connorcompton » Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:43 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:03 pm
Right, so Percy is just AWOL. :eyeroll:

Are either of you planning to endhammer this phase?
I have already sent in my end order.

Jamiet99uk

#6949 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:47 pm

GM NOTE

4/4 END votes have been received by the GMs.

However, two of these end votes were accompanied by a stipulation that the player wanted the phase to end at the normal hour, just today and not tomorrow. The other two end votes had no such stipulation.

The phase will therefore end in one hour and 13 minutes from the timestamp of this message.

Foxcastle

#6950 Post by Foxcastle » Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:48 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:47 pm
GM NOTE

However, two of these end votes were accompanied by a stipulation that the player wanted the phase to end at the normal hour, just today and not tomorrow. The other two end votes had no such stipulation.

The phase will therefore end in one hour and 13 minutes from the timestamp of this message.
Sorry I was being cranky. You're all wonderful, and I'm townreading all of you for this. Even the GMs.

connorcompton

#6951 Post by connorcompton » Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:20 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:48 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
GM NOTE

Sorry I was being cranky. You're all wonderful, and I'm townreading all of you for this. Even the GMs.
This is wonderful! Why do we even need to kill anyone?

Foxcastle

#6952 Post by Foxcastle » Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:41 pm

connorcompton wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:20 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:48 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
GM NOTE

This is wonderful! Why do we even need to kill anyone?
Because Flavius escaped the noose fromd Day 1, and it's time to correct that. I'm working on a longer case that I'll post after the phase turns. But in case I do die, this is what I'm telling you: LYNCH YAVUZ.

Jamiet99uk

#6953 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:46 pm

GM NOTE

I'm on a train and will do the EoN (in 14 minutes) using my phone, so don't worry if it takes me a couple of minutes.

Jamiet99uk

#6954 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:52 pm

(Every single phase shift I've done this game has been by phone, so be reassured, it will be fine)

Foxcastle

#6955 Post by Foxcastle » Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:52 pm

The suspense is terrible.

Foxcastle

#6956 Post by Foxcastle » Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:53 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:52 pm
I hope it lasts.

Foxcastle

#6957 Post by Foxcastle » Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:57 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:53 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:52 pm
I hope it lasts.
A little Willy Wonka quote there, as I try to pad out our post count and break the record...

Foxcastle

#6958 Post by Foxcastle » Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:58 pm

Actually, I don’t scumread Flavius/Yav as heavily as I’ve been implying. The scumreads of him I’ve been doing throughout the past phase have been an effort to get whichever of Connor and Percy is actually scum to kill the other and leave me and Yavuz alive. If it works, yay. If not and I'm dead, well, here’s my solve anyway.

Sorry for that Yavuz. But you'll be able to see my cases and know I'm serious.

My next two posts of last minute stuff are a lot to go through. They're divided into Day 1 and Day 2. They're things that caught my eye. If I'm alive, I'll continue to work through game. If I'm dead, USE THE BOT. Use the search function to sort out the known scum team and the unknowns and just look for connections and things that stand out.

The summary is that all three of you did plenty of scummy stuff, and it's very hard to cut through the fog of unknowing. That said...

Tallying up what I've found, Flavius/Yavuz looks the most townie to me, and Connor looks the most scummy. However, there are still some really scummy things about Flav's play, so don't give him a pass, go back and look at everything.

Percy is pretty null, because he's a slacker who tries to be aloof. But if I'm alive, there'll be more to find on him there.

Foxcastle

#6959 Post by Foxcastle » Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:59 pm

Looking back through Day 1, here are some things that stand out at me.

ITEM. Et tried to engage Balki in some light banter on p2, but Balki didn't even respond. Then, when Flavius made his infamous "smart/experienced" comment, Balki did chime in. If he was avoiding one scummate he was unfamiliar with/who was new, why not avoid the other. That makes the push on Flavius seem like scum-v-town.

ITEM.Balki engaged with Flavius*, Neph, Teacon*, TrPrado, Carl, Darg, Squigs*, Chippe, Durga, Tom, Bozo, Foxcastle*, rdrivera, Cruadder, Xorxes (p. 40 multiple times), ND.

*indicates a scumread or near. Does not include general criticism.

(Engagement here means anything from the running scumread/attack on Flavius to the calling out a question to another player to quoting another player, etc. It's a very broad category and low threshold.)

Players he does not engage with (or even mention): Damo, Espressopatronum, et.

Edge cases: Moscow gets mentioned by Balki a couple times, but it's always somewhat obliquely or with Moscow as the subject of something else. This is partly a problem with Moscow's absence from the game.

Balki thanks Percy... Is that really "engagement"? (P. 34)

Balki mentions Connor briefly in response to Chippe on Cruaader. (P. 37)

I think Balki engages too much with Flavius on specifics for Flavius to be scum.

This is a point in favor of Flavius/Yav being town. (It's null on Percy or Connor, unfortunately.)

ITEM. P6, Flavius gives a list and correctly identifies Balki, et, and MoscowFleet as scum. He correctly identifies Squigs, me, and Darg as Town. Players he got wrong were Carl, Neph, and TrPrado. Percy (scumread) and Connor (townread) remain unknown.

I feel like listing half the scumteam in your reads list, when you leave half the game unlisted (that is, when you could simply leave your scummates off), is not something scum would do...

Later, Balki responds wondering how he did it. Is that genuine incredulity at hitting half the scum team? Or is it genuine incredulity at hitting two-thirds of the scum team?

ITEM. Xorxes tries to set something up between Teacon and Flavius on p.11. Would he do that if Flavius is scum with him?

ITEM. Percy is very flippant from the start of game, but intermingled with regular posts. That's been a big turnoff for me about his play.

ITEM. Connor expressed pushback on Squigs for the Squigsguy method and got into a bit of a thing about it with Carl over the "burn the Squigs witch" comment. Squigs had soulread Connor as town. Would new scum respond that way to a townread? Or would they leave it be? I kinda don't think new scum would do that... This a point in favor of Connor being town.

ITEM. Balki does engage Xorxes a few times. Xorxes seems a little awkward and short with Balki in response. So I wonder who Xorxes did talk to... (Putting a pin in this for followup.)

ITEM. Xorxes votes Percy. I believe Xorxes and I talked about how he doesn't bus, and I recall going back and looking and he generally doesn't. There might be one case of it, though. If I'm wrong about that and he doesn't bus, then this is a (small) point in favor of Percy as town. (Need to check on Xorxes vote habits.)

ITEM. Durga is pushing a Neph wagon on D1, and Connor says he's "convinced", but then a few minutes later he says, "I'm not actually convinced, but I've had my suspicions." This is a small thing, but seems like Connor doesn't want to come off as too confident on something he shouldn't know. Very small point for connor being scum.

ITEM. End of D1 activity: Xorxes missing (since 16:56, although he was not able to be online for EODs generally). MoscowFleet missing (since 5:20, but also lurking). Balki missing (since 1:25 out). Et present until 0:19 out. Damo quietly present through end.

Percy: missing from 5:36 out.
Connor: present and active through the end.
Flavius: present and active through the end.

Interesting note... After the D1 flip is announced:
Et posts after 13 minutes.
Damo posts after 15 minutes
Connor posts after 17 minutes.

Flavius posts after 24 minutes.
Percy posts after 39 minutes. (Responding to D1 posts from before the flip.)

That really makes it look like Et, Damo, and Connor ran off to the mafia QT to high five before coming back to the thread all at the same time...

Foxcastle

#6960 Post by Foxcastle » Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:59 pm

D1 VOTE COUNT ANALYSIS.

Spoiler alert, there isn’t much here to go on.

bozotheclown (11) — Percy Williams, et, damo666, Squigs44, ChippeRock, connorcompton, Carl Tuckerson, FlaviusAetius, rdrivera2005, Nephthys, Tom Bombadil

FlaviusAetius (7) — Balki Bartokomous, dargorygel, Foxcastle, MoscowFleet, TrPrado, Durga, bozotheclown

CruaaderReynauld (2) — ND, teacon7

ChippeRock (1) — EspressoPatronum

Percy Williams (1) — xorxes

No‑Lynch (1) — CruaaderReynauld

(I’m considering ND as town, because he was invested in finding the scum, but more because he did not know who they were, so he couldn’t associate with them.)

(Also, I haven’t marked myself as town so that others can copy-paste this for their own uses. But my analysis assumes I’m town.)

Unfortunately, Xorxes vote is meaningless since he wasn’t around.

So you’ve got three scum on Bozo, but ultimately, it was town who mislynched him. Flavius moved off TrPrado to put Bozo farther in the lead, so that’s NAI. But The other movers were Carl, Rdrivera, Neph, and Tom. If Flavius had been scum, I think you’d normally have seen a last-minute bus from a scummate, but everyone was already on Bozo or was missing from EOD, so that doesn’t apply here. (Ugh, you had to make it hard for us!)

Et parked his vote on Bozo nearly 7 hours out, but simply never moved it. He helped make Bozo a viable wagon by tying him at 2 votes with Moscow, Teacon, and Chippe. I wonder if that was deliberate to create more options to save Moscow...

And after that, Flavius gets a wagon, and it’s still a bunch of small wagons throughout the day, but Flavius and Bozo slowly gain momentum.

Damo’s initial vote was on Bozo, to tie him with Flavius 3-3 ahead of a bunch of 2-person wagons. At this point, MoscowFleet’s wagon has dropped to 1 voter. It could have just been an easy ploy to get a competitive wagon going and see what happens (Damo says he doesn’t really scumread anyone but needed to make a vote), because no other scum or current null was really viable.

Another thing about Damo, he makes this vote and then says he’s not sure he can be around for EOD. But he is, and he doesn’t move his vote. Which of course says nothing about Flavius’s alignment... If Et and Damo saved Flavius, they did it so early they never could have known that they would need to. Unfortunately, sitting there like that is possible as either alignment.