Philosophical game: Trolley Supervisors

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
yavuzovic

Philosophical game: Trolley Supervisors

#1 Post by yavuzovic » Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:43 pm

Rather than a game this is going to be a thread for discussion, but I'm opening this thread under the name of forum game because it will have a flavour and phases determined by the moderator that you can also call Game Master (GM). The reason I call it discussion is, I couldn't find a scoring system so it won't have winners and losers. I'm open to any idea about scoring system or any mechanic you want to add to the game.

Game is about the trolley problem. A scenario is given to the players to discuss, and every phase (1 day) they are supposed to find a solution and select one of the possibilities. Because this isn't a competition, I don't think there will be a posting requirement; but if you're playing, we expect you to discuss. There will be a voting system, players will vote the scenarios options privately.

I decided to make a discussion about this after I watch a video about this, but later my idea evolved into a game. I was planning to add a scoring system where all players represent a different part of people: like old/healthy/rich/man or young/overweight/poor/woman so they could try to save the part of the people they represent and gain scores as long as they saved the people they support. But this would be against the soul of philosophy and this game, because players would need to support the people they are assigned with, not the idea they support in real life.

Before creating a sign-up thread, I want to learn your opinions about the game. Also some help about scenarios would be useful. We need balanced scenarios to divide people into groups.

Restitution

Re: Philosophical game: Trolley Supervisors

#2 Post by Restitution » Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:40 pm

Turning the trolley problem into a repeated game where you represent the interests of groups of people kind of misses the point of the trolley problem.

This seems like a pretty weird way to discuss a philosophy 101 topic that has already been done to death.

yavuzovic

Re: Philosophical game: Trolley Supervisors

#3 Post by yavuzovic » Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:20 pm

But I said that they won't represent anyone.
But this would be against the soul of philosophy and this game, because players would need to support the people they are assigned with, not the idea they support in real life.
This will not be a game, this will have a flavour like a game, different every phase. Other than that, there's no winning except for discussing.