MAFIA 44: 'DREAMLAND' GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
e.m.c^42

Re: MAFIA 44: 'DREAMLAND' GAME THREAD

#3361 Post by e.m.c^42 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:00 pm

Ezio wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:42 pm
e.m.c^42 wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:28 pm
As for why I claimed the NK when it wasn't me, it's cuz this is likely the only game I'll be able to safely troll/mess around for awhile (without risk of getting lynched), since I doubt I'll rand town PR again in the next few games.

it's the first time I've been able to just post shit without overthinking XD
and I have to say it's really liberating, and reduces a lot of stress playing - vs pondering over word choices, post length, etc... like in the past.

So again, sorry if I've caused a lot of trouble, just wanted to have fun :P
So your reaction to getting an important role is to shitpost and not try very hard? That doesn't make much sense to me. Most people, when they get their first PR role, try very hard to put the team on their back. They do everything they can to win for their team.

People tend to shitpost and do stupid things when they're the third party because they have no team and their game usually feels hopeless.
Au contraire; I'd say that I did pretty well for a first timer--I got Ike, and outed you :D (or maybe at a very large stretch, Percy)
And I don't think you realize how much anxiety I relieved from posting freely and not calculating everything said and done xD
this isn't a chance I'll get again, not for the foreseeable future --- a role unlikely to get nk'd or lynched.

bozotheclown

#3362 Post by bozotheclown » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:00 pm

Nephthys wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:57 pm
Nephthys wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:56 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:50 pm
@Nephthys: What do you think of lynching RagingIke while Ezio and emc self vote?
I think its pretty shit.

We likely sit at 9/1/1
Worst case overnight we go to 6/1/1
We then guarantee killing the alien tomorrow remembering that there was no N1 infect
This puts us 5/1 or worst case 4/2 against scum.

As I've said I don't like a strat to catch the alien presented by our top alien suspect. That being said EMC deserves to die as well for not coming clean earlier.
*6/1 or 5/2 with rd coming back
That is the problem, emc caused enough doubt that it is not 100% Ezio is the alien, and the one who is not the alien will be a town clear if we wait until D6 when we are sure about the alien.

e.m.c^42

#3363 Post by e.m.c^42 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:01 pm

Also, who else was trucked? asides from Ezio

Vaporwave

#3364 Post by Vaporwave » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:02 pm

At this point, we HAVE to accept emc as alien cop, it's a role in the game and he's the only one who claimed it.

Give him his due honor, guys!

Dargo was assassin, there's no other way around this, I mean we can try and persuade dargo to:

a) wink if he was a town PR
b) grimace if he was mafia

e.m.c^42

#3365 Post by e.m.c^42 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:03 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:58 pm
e.m.c^42 wrote:
As for why I claimed the NK when it wasn't me, it's cuz this is likely the only game I'll be able to safely troll/mess around for awhile (without risk of getting lynched), since I doubt I'll rand town PR again in the next few games.

and I have to say it's really liberating, and reduces a lot of stress playing - vs pondering over word choices, post length, etc... like in the past.

What do you think happened with the NK N2?
Either it went on alien, or they held to do some other action -- but the possibility of holding just to cause chaos seems possible too.

Vaporwave

#3366 Post by Vaporwave » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:04 pm

I'm not okay with Ezio's push on emc, it feels opportunistic, moreover I know the alien is desperate to get rid of alien cop and what better way than to come up with some convoluted plan and then force votes at the end to eliminate emc

I'm opposing any wagon on emc, Ezio should choose an infected like Ike if he wants to experiment with wagons

Nephthys

#3367 Post by Nephthys » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:06 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:00 pm
Nephthys wrote:
Nephthys wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:56 pm

I think its pretty shit.

We likely sit at 9/1/1
Worst case overnight we go to 6/1/1
We then guarantee killing the alien tomorrow remembering that there was no N1 infect
This puts us 5/1 or worst case 4/2 against scum.

As I've said I don't like a strat to catch the alien presented by our top alien suspect. That being said EMC deserves to die as well for not coming clean earlier.
That is the problem, emc caused enough doubt that it is not 100% Ezio is the alien, and the one who is not the alien will be a town clear if we wait until D6 when we are sure about the alien.
Yes but we have no ccs to our PRs, Percy still holds his save and we will have 4 PRs. This can have us two clears going into the final 7 (worst case). Those are odds I am happy with.

That being said, I haven't done the maths about Ezio's plan but someone is just a likely to mess with it as a final attempt to do something as alien. Relying on a 3rd party to conform is not something that I like to rely on.

e.m.c^42

#3368 Post by e.m.c^42 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:06 pm

Also, Ezio's plan does hinge upon getting just scum or alien lol --it's essentially the same ultimatum that worcej tried to provide: with his plan, he gets to live through the night and next day -- and it's possible there's some controllable night action if I'm counting correctly.

Vaporwave

#3369 Post by Vaporwave » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:07 pm

Percy has 1 shot for revive, once emc is gone, we basically have NO MEANS to get the alien

Nephthys

#3370 Post by Nephthys » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:07 pm

e.m.c^42 wrote:
Ezio wrote:
e.m.c^42 wrote:

So your reaction to getting an important role is to shitpost and not try very hard? That doesn't make much sense to me. Most people, when they get their first PR role, try very hard to put the team on their back. They do everything they can to win for their team.

People tend to shitpost and do stupid things when they're the third party because they have no team and their game usually feels hopeless.
Au contraire; I'd say that I did pretty well for a first timer--I got Ike, and outed you :D (or maybe at a very large stretch, Percy)
And I don't think you realize how much anxiety I relieved from posting freely and not calculating everything said and done xD
this isn't a chance I'll get again, not for the foreseeable future --- a role unlikely to get nk'd or lynched.

Not really, you impeded our progress so much. There is a line between playing freely and actively derailing town.

That being said, your claim holds for now so ##vote ezio

Vaporwave

#3371 Post by Vaporwave » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:09 pm

I'm flabbergasted how Ezio made some of you doubt emc

Ezio

#3372 Post by Ezio » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:24 pm

Vaporwave wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:04 pm
I'm not okay with Ezio's push on emc, it feels opportunistic, moreover I know the alien is desperate to get rid of alien cop and what better way than to come up with some convoluted plan and then force votes at the end to eliminate emc

I'm opposing any wagon on emc, Ezio should choose an infected like Ike if he wants to experiment with wagons
Vapor can you explain what you think my plan is here? Do you think I'm asking for people to lynch EMC today?

bozotheclown

#3373 Post by bozotheclown » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:25 pm

Vaporwave wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:09 pm
I'm flabbergasted how Ezio made some of you doubt emc
It was emc that provided reason to doubt his claim.

Ezio

#3374 Post by Ezio » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:26 pm

Nephthys wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:06 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Nephthys wrote:

Yes but we have no ccs to our PRs, Percy still holds his save and we will have 4 PRs. This can have us two clears going into the final 7 (worst case). Those are odds I am happy with.

That being said, I haven't done the maths about Ezio's plan but someone is just a likely to mess with it as a final attempt to do something as alien. Relying on a 3rd party to conform is not something that I like to rely on.
What can the third party do to break it? If EMC hops onto my wagon it's clear that he's trying to make it look like I'm the Alien. This is why I'm on noLynch.

bozotheclown

#3375 Post by bozotheclown » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:26 pm

Vaporwave wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:07 pm
Percy has 1 shot for revive, once emc is gone, we basically have NO MEANS to get the alien
I am not sure what you mean by this, we will have the votes to lynch the alien D6.

Ezio

#3376 Post by Ezio » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:28 pm

e.m.c^42 wrote:
Ezio wrote:
e.m.c^42 wrote:

I never said you did poorly, I simply said I thought it odd how you said you were shitposting without thinking as town PR. That's an unusual response.

bozotheclown

#3377 Post by bozotheclown » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:28 pm

e.m.c^42 wrote:
Ezio wrote:
e.m.c^42 wrote:

What do you mean by "I got Ike"?

Ezio

#3378 Post by Ezio » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:30 pm

e.m.c^42 wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:06 pm
Also, Ezio's plan does hinge upon getting just scum or alien lol --it's essentially the same ultimatum that worcej tried to provide: with his plan, he gets to live through the night and next day -- and it's possible there's some controllable night action if I'm counting correctly.
Does my plan hinge on getting scum or alien with this vote?

Vaporwave

#3379 Post by Vaporwave » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:30 pm

this entire game is based on mechanics :(

so I gotta sheep some bright minds

bozo, I've become your assistant

bozotheclown

#3380 Post by bozotheclown » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:46 pm

Vaporwave wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:30 pm
this entire game is based on mechanics :(

so I gotta sheep some bright minds

bozo, I've become your assistant
I agree that Ezio is most likely the alien and dargorygel was most likely the assassin. However, emc has caused enough doubt by claiming to be the NK target N2, and now saying that claim was fake, that I think it is worth waiting a day to go after the alien, since we should know 100% who the alien is D6. To make sure the alien does not control 4 votes on D6, I think RagingIke should be the lynch today, since RagingIke is in the scum pool by POE.