MAFIA 44: 'DREAMLAND' GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Ezio

Re: MAFIA 44: 'DREAMLAND' GAME THREAD

#3201 Post by Ezio » Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:44 am

RagingIke297 wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:38 am
##vote Ike

Remember that my vote and probably another is headed somewhere else today
You should still help us scumhunt. Ideally you should vote for your real target so we have a record of it.

Ezio

#3202 Post by Ezio » Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:49 am

Vaporwave wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:42 am
You should offer a few of the scumspects, you've done that D1 gimmick for a reason, no?
*shrugs*

It helped Xorxes catch himself for D2.

Right now I'm thinking Vecna is scum. I shouldn't be thinking Venca is scum, but I still am.

I had a very odd interaction with Vecna and Jamiet yesterday. Vecna has also been surprisingly off this game. RD also was scumreading Vecna, and I feel like the NK targeting me is a play Vecna would have made but not many other people.

Ezio

#3203 Post by Ezio » Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:50 am

Vecna has been coasting this game off of his towncred, but what scumhunting has he actually done? He's made many comments and everyone looking at him, myself included, has just gotten a super "towny" perception of him, but upon a reread I don't think there's anything inherently townie about him.

Percy Williams

#3204 Post by Percy Williams » Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:51 am

Ezio wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:13 am
Ezio wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:10 am
Vaporwave wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:57 am
##VOTE Ezio

you do realize that nobody has cclaimed him?

Your theory that dargo is alien cop and he peeked or found this out, then used dargo's role feels a bit stretched.

I think you took his nick Einstein too literally.
"When you've eliminated the impossible, whatever remains must be the truth".

E.M.C would have been CC'd if the alien cop was still in the game. He hasn't been CC'd. I know I'm not the alien, so he MUST be lying.

Are you not curious at all about him being "saved" N2? Percy didn't save him. How did he survive the NK?

FURTHERMORE, what is the cost to verifying who is lying? Mafia MUST lynch the alien with town for them to win the game, so it is clearly optimal play for town.
Ok in theory Percy also have been lying about being the doc. Percy's claim seems much more solid than E.M.C's though. Darg would have have to have been the doc, and if RD doesn't come back to life today he'll be outed pretty clearly, so I think it's safe to assume Percy isn't faking.
I've sent the order, but he won't come back until the end of the night phase.

LordQuas

#3205 Post by LordQuas » Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:51 am

Ezio wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:39 am
Ok bois.

Here's the problem. We can verify 100% which one of E.M.C or I is the alien. If each of us are on our own wagon, only one of these wagons will have extra votes at EoD. Whomever that is is 100% the alien.

The only problem with this plan is the number of votes.

We're at 11 people.

2 scum
1 alien (with 3 votes)

so town only has 6 votes right now. If town misses on scum for this lynch town will need mafia to vote the alien with them to win. To be fair, mafia need to lynch the alien as well as the mafia have no way to kill the alien in the endgame as the alien would have more votes than everyone else and mafia can't NK alien.

In my opinion, we can rely on game theory here to ensure we don't mislynch the town player between me and E.M.C
so uh, chief, how do you know there's 2 scum left as opposed to one

LordQuas

#3206 Post by LordQuas » Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:52 am

Ezio wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:44 am
Oh and so everyone knows, I went on a ride last night.

I'm willing to bet RD switched myself and him. Sadly he made this play pretty obvious with how heavily he was "alien-reading" me.
? I don't know why you would lie about this but that would mean you were targeted with a kill, why on earth would that happen

LordQuas

#3207 Post by LordQuas » Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:53 am

Vaporwave wrote:
##VOTE Ezio

Your theory that dargo is alien cop and he peeked or found this out, then used dargo's role feels a bit stretched.

oh wait ignore my other one about him saying there was 2 scum left, it's cause he's following the line that one of the other people is fake claiming long day I'm tired

##Vote Ezio

he's just the alien, played well, but the game design was kinda OOF to the point where his role was like, literally impossible to win as

Ezio

#3208 Post by Ezio » Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:54 am

Percy Williams wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:51 am
Ezio wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:13 am
Ezio wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:10 am

"When you've eliminated the impossible, whatever remains must be the truth".

E.M.C would have been CC'd if the alien cop was still in the game. He hasn't been CC'd. I know I'm not the alien, so he MUST be lying.

Are you not curious at all about him being "saved" N2? Percy didn't save him. How did he survive the NK?

FURTHERMORE, what is the cost to verifying who is lying? Mafia MUST lynch the alien with town for them to win the game, so it is clearly optimal play for town.
Ok in theory Percy also have been lying about being the doc. Percy's claim seems much more solid than E.M.C's though. Darg would have have to have been the doc, and if RD doesn't come back to life today he'll be outed pretty clearly, so I think it's safe to assume Percy isn't faking.
I've sent the order, but he won't come back until the end of the night phase.
Eh it's before the next vote. Same diff.

Ezio

#3209 Post by Ezio » Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:54 am

LordQuas wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:51 am
Ezio wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:39 am
Ok bois.

Here's the problem. We can verify 100% which one of E.M.C or I is the alien. If each of us are on our own wagon, only one of these wagons will have extra votes at EoD. Whomever that is is 100% the alien.

The only problem with this plan is the number of votes.

We're at 11 people.

2 scum
1 alien (with 3 votes)

so town only has 6 votes right now. If town misses on scum for this lynch town will need mafia to vote the alien with them to win. To be fair, mafia need to lynch the alien as well as the mafia have no way to kill the alien in the endgame as the alien would have more votes than everyone else and mafia can't NK alien.

In my opinion, we can rely on game theory here to ensure we don't mislynch the town player between me and E.M.C
so uh, chief, how do you know there's 2 scum left as opposed to one
Darg has to have been the alien cop. Therefore 2 scum left.

Ezio

#3210 Post by Ezio » Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:56 am

LordQuas wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:53 am
Vaporwave wrote:
##VOTE Ezio

oh wait ignore my other one about him saying there was 2 scum left, it's cause he's following the line that one of the other people is fake claiming long day I'm tired

##Vote Ezio

he's just the alien, played well, but the game design was kinda OOF to the point where his role was like, literally impossible to win as
Why is everyone assuming Darg has to have been scum? It seemed more likely at the time but we gotta re evaluate the position here.

How did E.M.C survive the NK? Why does nobody else seem to care?

Furthermore, why don't you care about giving ourselves a guaranteed lynch of the alien tomorrow?

Ezio

#3211 Post by Ezio » Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:58 am

You guys need to ask yourself:
What does my plan cost? What is the downside here? There is literally NO reason NOT to verify which one of me or E.M.C is the alien. If you guys are correct and I'm the alien, I'm still going to be lynched tomorrow. There's no reason to rush.

If you're wrong what does it cost? It wastes another mislynch and lets scum hide by pushing me.

Ezio

#3212 Post by Ezio » Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:00 am

LordQuas wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:52 am
Ezio wrote:

I'm willing to bet RD switched myself and him. Sadly he made this play pretty obvious with how heavily he was "alien-reading" me.
? I don't know why you would lie about this but that would mean you were targeted with a kill, why on earth would that happen
Scum target me because they knew RD was the driver and thought I was the alien. If Scum were bad and targeted RD the NK would have been directed to me. RD expected me to survive the NK and thought he was docsaving himself.

If mafia expect this they simply target me with the NK. Whomever else RD targets is the person who dies.

LordQuas

#3213 Post by LordQuas » Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:04 am

Ezio wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:56 am
LordQuas wrote:
Vaporwave wrote:
##VOTE Ezio

##Vote Ezio

Why is everyone assuming Darg has to have been scum? It seemed more likely at the time but we gotta re evaluate the position here.

Furthermore, why don't you care about giving ourselves a guaranteed lynch of the alien tomorrow?
the man made it clear that he was faking his night claim, and yeah if it's true it was a dumb play since he didn't do anything with it just made himself look worse and caused general confusion and wasted people's time, but it's also something that doesn't make any SENSE in the context of the game. I really don't understand why scum would target emc that night, and that's why I didn't buy his claim in the first place

tbh I personally am fine giving us a guaranteed alien lynch tomorrow and playing it slow, I don't really think we need to bother with it you're nearly mechanically outed, but I'm going to go with whatever my conf town bozo and percy decide

LordQuas

#3214 Post by LordQuas » Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:06 am

Ezio wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:00 am
LordQuas wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:52 am
Ezio wrote:

Scum target me because they knew RD was the driver and thought I was the alien. If Scum were bad and targeted RD the NK would have been directed to me. RD expected me to survive the NK and thought he was docsaving himself.

If mafia expect this they simply target me with the NK. Whomever else RD targets is the person who dies.
yeah aight that's actually fair

Ezio

#3215 Post by Ezio » Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:14 am

LordQuas wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:04 am
Ezio wrote:
LordQuas wrote:

##Vote Ezio

the man made it clear that he was faking his night claim, and yeah if it's true it was a dumb play since he didn't do anything with it just made himself look worse and caused general confusion and wasted people's time, but it's also something that doesn't make any SENSE in the context of the game. I really don't understand why scum would target emc that night, and that's why I didn't buy his claim in the first place

tbh I personally am fine giving us a guaranteed alien lynch tomorrow and playing it slow, I don't really think we need to bother with it you're nearly mechanically outed, but I'm going to go with whatever my conf town bozo and percy decide
Why sheep? If an argument is mechanically and strategically sound (and mine is), you should argue in favor of it rather than "do what confirmed town decide". The latter is just lazy play.

What part about this game has made SENSE? Did the Yav NK make SENSE?

E.M.C claiming he was saved is only a misplay when it comes to exactly this context confirming he's alien. Otherwise it just gives him towncred.

LordQuas

#3216 Post by LordQuas » Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:26 am

Ezio wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:14 am
LordQuas wrote:
Ezio wrote:

Why sheep? If an argument is mechanically and strategically sound (and mine is), you should argue in favor of it rather than "do what confirmed town decide". The latter is just lazy play.

E.M.C claiming he was saved is only a misplay when it comes to exactly this context confirming he's alien. Otherwise it just gives him towncred.
I would be more motivated to defend you here if there was any doubt in my mind that you weren't pushing this so hard right now because you're alien desperate for another day to survive. As it is, I'm pretty sure if we lynch you today we kill the alien and all is well in the world. I'm saying that I see what you're saying and it makes sense, and I'm not going to go against everyone to push my opinion (which is that it's prolly just better and easier to lynch you today), but I personally would rather just save myself the headache and another boring day of self voting tbh

And no the Yav NK doesn't make sense rn, but a lot of time that shit doesn't, the Rd NK made no sense to me at the time I don't really think about them that much, there's usually a good explanation

Ezio

#3217 Post by Ezio » Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:38 am

LordQuas wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:26 am
Ezio wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:14 am
LordQuas wrote:

I would be more motivated to defend you here if there was any doubt in my mind that you weren't pushing this so hard right now because you're alien desperate for another day to survive. As it is, I'm pretty sure if we lynch you today we kill the alien and all is well in the world. I'm saying that I see what you're saying and it makes sense, and I'm not going to go against everyone to push my opinion (which is that it's prolly just better and easier to lynch you today), but I personally would rather just save myself the headache and another boring day of self voting tbh

And no the Yav NK doesn't make sense rn, but a lot of time that shit doesn't, the Rd NK made no sense to me at the time I don't really think about them that much, there's usually a good explanation
I'm not trying to argue it's *likely* I'm not the alien. I understand that occam's razor is gonna lead you guys to think that I'm the alien. I'm making the mechanical point that it doesn't matter how likely it is as there is a true 100% way to handle this lynch.

There doesn't need to be another day of boring self voting. The rest of you guys can scumhunt like normal. The only ones that we need to verify are myself and E.M.C. We're the only ones who need to be on different wagons to verify which of us is the alien.

Percy Williams

#3218 Post by Percy Williams » Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:07 am

Ezio's plan makes sense despite my distrust of him,
( of course occam's razor makes you alien, you literally claimed it).
If we can get a mafia this turn and finally ascertain the alien that would be optimal. Worst case, we lynch a town and find out who the alien is. I think that we need to find two potential mafia, or one mafia, and a safe vote park we plan to overpower for Ezio and End to lock their votes in early on. Movement from that vote demands a lynch next phase. Any preference Ezio/Emc?

Percy Williams

#3219 Post by Percy Williams » Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:08 am

Any concerns about the alien getting to much power become invalid when you realize I have a cure viruses, and never actually used my protectionand am garunteed to make it to night three to cure say, Ike.

Ezio

#3220 Post by Ezio » Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:23 am

Percy Williams wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:07 am
Ezio's plan makes sense despite my distrust of him,
( of course occam's razor makes you alien, you literally claimed it).
If we can get a mafia this turn and finally ascertain the alien that would be optimal. Worst case, we lynch a town and find out who the alien is. I think that we need to find two potential mafia, or one mafia, and a safe vote park we plan to overpower for Ezio and End to lock their votes in early on. Movement from that vote demands a lynch next phase. Any preference Ezio/Emc?
I wanna see ##vote Neph or Venca flip today.