Mafia 41 - Sid Meiers Civilizaton Mafia - Official Game Thread

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
LordQuas

Re: Mafia 41 - Sid Meiers Civilizaton Mafia - Official Game Thread

#2301 Post by LordQuas » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:22 pm

JAMIE

VOTE NO LYNCH MY MAN

LordQuas

#2302 Post by LordQuas » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:23 pm

Nephthys wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:22 pm
LordQuas wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:15 pm
I feel like I'm getting paranoid, I'm keeping a sticky note of people reading, people reading and not responding, and people reading and leaving without posting
I'm making breakfast, won't have time to think/post until I get to work
ye ye I get it, the list is more for people that have been posting and doing stuff but not acknowledging my post about no lynching at any rate

which so far is fucking everyone

Jamiet99uk

#2303 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:23 pm

LordQuas wrote:
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:19 pm
LordQuas wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:09 pm

the man clearly misread the phase you were talking about :v
No. No such thing is clear. I did not post a reads list at EoD. Therefore there is no way that Foxcastle almost ran out of time to cast his EoD vote because he was trying to quickly respond to my reads list.

Go back and look. I commented how, at End of NIGHT, I posted a reads list with 60 seconds to go, and somehow Foxcastle was so alert that he saw it, read it, and posted a response to my read on him specifically. In the space of 60 seconds. And then, when I remarked about this, he was like "yeah and you even almost made me miss casting my vote".

Nothing I did at End of DAY interfered with Foxcastle being able to cast a vote.

Foxcastle remembers having to cast or change a vote at the very closing seconds of a phase, and he remembers that he almost missed the deadline to do so, because he was typing a quick reply to my reads list. This happened at End of Night.

Town doesn't vote at night.

Serial Killer doesn't vote at night.

Scum votes at night.

Scum.
what? nobody votes at night dude lmfao

if you're talking about just like, submitting actions then yeah a doc and an sk does that as well?
Nice dumbtell.

In webDip Mafia, the Mafia team democratically decide who to Nightkill, by voting for it in their night chat.

bozotheclown

#2304 Post by bozotheclown » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:23 pm

LordQuas wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:58 pm
also holy shit guys we're all idiots

##No Lynch it's mylo this gives us the best chance to hit a scum right? We let the SK and wolf NK bring us down to 3v3v1, I'm assuming JK can't target the same person twice right? so we get a guaranteed conf town WITH another scan tonight

this is 100% right every time, SK has a chance to hit the scum, if Foxc really is doc they have to probably kill him or risk their NK getting saved

like this is super super correct
Is is not MYLO because the SK can still hit a scum if we mislynch to make it 3-2-1 D5. 3-3-1 on D5 is not very good, as we could lynch a scum and still lose if the SK hits town N5.

Jamiet99uk

#2305 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:25 pm

For LordQuas, from the rules post on page 1:

Mafia Vote: The third level of voting refers to Mafia members choosing their factional NK (nightkill) target during Night phases. The mafia members will use their separate QuickTopic thread to discuss this. Please make your votes in bold, like so: kill Zultar (< b > kill Zultar < / b >). Mafia NK will be decided by majority vote. In the event of a tie, the oldest vote will break the tie. The oldest vote determines which member of the Mafia team actually performs the kill.

LordQuas

#2306 Post by LordQuas » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:25 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:23 pm
LordQuas wrote:
Jamiet99uk wrote:

No. No such thing is clear. I did not post a reads list at EoD. Therefore there is no way that Foxcastle almost ran out of time to cast his EoD vote because he was trying to quickly respond to my reads list.

Go back and look. I commented how, at End of NIGHT, I posted a reads list with 60 seconds to go, and somehow Foxcastle was so alert that he saw it, read it, and posted a response to my read on him specifically. In the space of 60 seconds. And then, when I remarked about this, he was like "yeah and you even almost made me miss casting my vote".

Nothing I did at End of DAY interfered with Foxcastle being able to cast a vote.

Foxcastle remembers having to cast or change a vote at the very closing seconds of a phase, and he remembers that he almost missed the deadline to do so, because he was typing a quick reply to my reads list. This happened at End of Night.

Town doesn't vote at night.

Serial Killer doesn't vote at night.

Scum votes at night.

Scum.
what? nobody votes at night dude lmfao

if you're talking about just like, submitting actions then yeah a doc and an sk does that as well?
Nice dumbtell.

In webDip Mafia, the Mafia team democratically decide who to Nightkill, by voting for it in their night chat.
that's weird, but roles are still submitting kills or actions so I don't know if that matters. An SK still "votes" for his kill then but he's just the only person voting

bozotheclown

#2307 Post by bozotheclown » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:26 pm

LordQuas wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:20 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
LordQuas wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:15 pm
I feel like I'm getting paranoid, I'm keeping a sticky note of people reading, people reading and not responding, and people reading and leaving without posting
I think everyone is trying to read too much into people looking at the thread and not posting. Everyone has to catch up on reading after they have been offline for a while, and I often look at the thread to catch up on reading when I do not necessarily have time to post or even finish reading. Also, there are ways to read the thread without showing up as "browsing this forum" if you want to hide it.
cool so why did you respond to this and not my post about no lynching today

jebaited
I do not always respond to posts in chronological order.

LordQuas

#2308 Post by LordQuas » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:27 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
LordQuas wrote:

##No Lynch it's mylo this gives us the best chance to hit a scum right? We let the SK and wolf NK bring us down to 3v3v1, I'm assuming JK can't target the same person twice right? so we get a guaranteed conf town WITH another scan tonight

this is 100% right every time, SK has a chance to hit the scum, if Foxc really is doc they have to probably kill him or risk their NK getting saved

Is is not MYLO because the SK can still hit a scum if we mislynch to make it 3-2-1 D5. 3-3-1 on D5 is not very good, as we could lynch a scum and still lose if the SK hits town N5.
if the SK hits a scum when we ML it's the same as if he hits a scum tonight dude

we have 2 town+SK kills this phase, no matter how we slice it, this way just let's just do the NKs first and get a peak BEFORE we lynch, rather then it being useless

also potentially a doc save

Jamiet99uk

#2309 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:27 pm

Oh, it matters.

Foxcastle is scum.

I have caught him.

Vote for Foxcastle please.

LordQuas

#2310 Post by LordQuas » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:28 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:26 pm
LordQuas wrote:
bozotheclown wrote:

I think everyone is trying to read too much into people looking at the thread and not posting. Everyone has to catch up on reading after they have been offline for a while, and I often look at the thread to catch up on reading when I do not necessarily have time to post or even finish reading. Also, there are ways to read the thread without showing up as "browsing this forum" if you want to hide it.

jebaited
me typing jebaited should have made you not take that post seriously at all, I do the same thing haha

bozotheclown

#2311 Post by bozotheclown » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:33 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:21 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:15 pm
Actually Foxcastle I'm interested as to why you were watching the thread so intently, so much so that when I posted, with no more than 70 seconds to go before the deadline, you were still able to see my post, locate your name in my reads list, see what I'd written, and post a response... all in a window of a minute or so.

It's almost like you were poised over your keyboard, hitting F5 every three seconds, waiting for my post.
It's almost as if I was watching the thread like a hawk because I was within two votes of being lynched with DemonRHK screaming for anyone at all to help kill me, and still had the option to put my vote on Darg. :eyeroll: But I do admit to vanity for taking time to answer you. It's why my vote was so last-second, you almost distracted me into missing the deadline.
Foxcastle is clearly mixing up EOD and EON, he certainly did not take time to answer a Jamie post EOD when he voted for dargorygel at the last minute.

bozotheclown

#2312 Post by bozotheclown » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:34 pm

LordQuas wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:28 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
LordQuas wrote:

jebaited
me typing jebaited should have made you not take that post seriously at all, I do the same thing haha
Sorry, I do not know what jebaited means.

bozotheclown

#2313 Post by bozotheclown » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:35 pm

LordQuas wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:27 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
LordQuas wrote:

if the SK hits a scum when we ML it's the same as if he hits a scum tonight dude

we have 2 town+SK kills this phase, no matter how we slice it, this way just let's just do the NKs first and get a peak BEFORE we lynch, rather then it being useless

also potentially a doc save
I will think about it more when I have time.

Jamiet99uk

#2314 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:37 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:33 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:21 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:15 pm
Actually Foxcastle I'm interested as to why you were watching the thread so intently, so much so that when I posted, with no more than 70 seconds to go before the deadline, you were still able to see my post, locate your name in my reads list, see what I'd written, and post a response... all in a window of a minute or so.

It's almost like you were poised over your keyboard, hitting F5 every three seconds, waiting for my post.
It's almost as if I was watching the thread like a hawk because I was within two votes of being lynched with DemonRHK screaming for anyone at all to help kill me, and still had the option to put my vote on Darg. :eyeroll: But I do admit to vanity for taking time to answer you. It's why my vote was so last-second, you almost distracted me into missing the deadline.
Foxcastle is clearly mixing up EOD and EON, he certainly did not take time to answer a Jamie post EOD when he voted for dargorygel at the last minute.
Indeed. Yet he remembers almost missing a vote because he was answering my reads list. At. End. Of. NIGHT.

Foxcastle

#2315 Post by Foxcastle » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:37 pm

Jamiet... I mentioned voting for Darg, I mentioned DemonRHK trying to get people to vote me. It's clear I thought the deadline you were referring to was end of Day.

LordQuas

#2316 Post by LordQuas » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:38 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:34 pm
LordQuas wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:28 pm
bozotheclown wrote:

Sorry, I do not know what jebaited means.
no big it's a dumb twitch meme

Jamiet99uk

#2317 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:39 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:37 pm
Jamiet... I mentioned voting for Darg, I mentioned DemonRHK trying to get people to vote me. It's clear I thought the deadline you were referring to was end of Day.
But I didn't post a reads list at End of Day, did I?

Jamiet99uk

#2318 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:40 pm

Foxcastle is 100% the Doctor.
He is the Mafia Doctor.
I have him in my net.
If he is town, I will eat a shoe.

worcej

#2319 Post by worcej » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:40 pm

DemonRHK wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:45 pm
I'm sick and fucking tired of this motherfucker looking over his fucking glasses like a holier than thou god of mafia ringer that brain recruited from MU.

His entire argument doubles down on a caught SK Foxcastle being given a fakeclaim that DOES NOT FIT HIS SCAN as he claims doc on the gallows, then doubles down on a fake jail claim, against a role only two people can possibly be, to avoid the mafia killing Jamie and him being called out on it.
This was part of my reasoning on the thought process of Fox lying and being the SK. If Fox is the SK and claiming the doctor and then also being jailed would be more scum beneficial than town beneficial at this game state. Also, the SK cannot be helping scum right now because we are close as shit to MYLO. This would be wise to do if town was soundly winning, but right now it isn't the case.
LordQuas wrote:

This actually isn't bad logic. I brought that up in my analysis - we could even end up at a 4-2-1 if the NK 'misses' onto the SK and the SK hits a scum.

I honestly think ##no lynch is fair to put out there and lower our POV for lynches on D5 - the worst it will be is 3-3-1, which is still winnable for town. 2-3-1 is not.

Jamiet99uk

#2320 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:41 pm

Hello Worcej.

I have caught Foxcastle in a super mega scumslip.

Will you vote him with me?