Mafia Invitational - Welcome to Wakanda

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Ezio

Re: Mafia Invitational - Welcome to Wakanda

#1521 Post by Ezio » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:08 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:59 pm
Ezio wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:54 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:52 pm
@damian and ghug: You really should be voting together today, although not for me. I think it is Ezio/rdrivera, but if I am wrong and it is Ezio/xorxes, you are giving xorxes the chance to jump to me at EOD.
So bozo. What do you think about my push on xorxes. What do you think about my case on him, based on the past 5 games. You don't seem to care at all about it.
Do you think it could be xorxes/rdrivera?
It "could" be. It's theoretically possible, in the same way it's theoretically possible the Green Bay Packers make the playoffs this season. It technically *could* happen.

In this game we're Vegas. We're not here to play the long odds when the return is the same if we're right. It's far more likely you're scum than RD, and it's even more likely Xorxes is scum than either of you.

Durga

#1522 Post by Durga » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:18 pm

Vote Count
Ezio (2) xorxes, bozotheclown
bozotheclown (2) rdrivera200, ghug
xorxes (1) Ezio

You have under 2 hours, no one is set to be lynched, etc.

Ezio

#1523 Post by Ezio » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:22 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:59 pm
Ezio wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:54 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:52 pm
@damian and ghug: You really should be voting together today, although not for me. I think it is Ezio/rdrivera, but if I am wrong and it is Ezio/xorxes, you are giving xorxes the chance to jump to me at EOD.
So bozo. What do you think about my push on xorxes. What do you think about my case on him, based on the past 5 games. You don't seem to care at all about it.
Do you think it could be xorxes/rdrivera?
Ya know. I take it back. There is actually a chance it's Xorxes RD. Their posting pattern is way different this game than it was in the other, where xorxes was scum and RD was town. They address each other more. Perhaps they knew they'd be scumread if they didn't interact much because of their day chat.

It's possible things were just different, but it's also quite possible this game they're scum together.

Ezio

#1524 Post by Ezio » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:25 pm

Furthermore, there is a good case that bozo simply sucks at mafia, particularly at looking towny. He has been in this situation before, and I believe he's fucked it up each time. I can't remember the last game where Bozo hasn't been mislyched in MYLO/LYLO.

I also can't remember the last time I've seen RD lose in MYLO/LYLO, so the % between the two of them is closer than it felt like to me.

Ezio

#1525 Post by Ezio » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:25 pm

That said, I'd still say 60% Bozo scum, 40 % RD scum, and jesus christ you guys % xorxes is scum.

Ezio

#1526 Post by Ezio » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:34 pm

@Ghug

like seriously? You've read xorxes. We've talked about Xorxes. Is this just because you want to have the say between Bozo/RD? You're worried about town getting it wrong after you die, but you're 100% convinced Xorxes is scum? If so, I can accept you going for Bozo, but if you're actually tossed up between Xorxes and me, I'll be fucking pissed.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1527 Post by ghug » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:53 pm

Guess you're fucking pissed then.

Damian, we need to vote together, and we need to do it with enough time that people will follow us. Where are you?

Ezio

#1528 Post by Ezio » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:00 pm

Ghug, do you care at all about meta? Like, at all? If I make another angry post with a shitton of meta (I'm going to make it anyways because it's fun), would it help at all to convince you?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1529 Post by ghug » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:02 pm

I do, but it has to be less shitty than your last one

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1530 Post by rdrivera2005 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:11 pm

Leaving now. Will try to access on the club.

Ezio

#1531 Post by Ezio » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:17 pm

ghug wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:02 pm
I do, but it has to be less shitty than your last one

xorxes

#1532 Post by xorxes » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:20 pm

First thing first: I'm never playing two games at once again, it's hard, especially when two other people are in both games.

I was tempted to kill brainbomb in the other one so the final three would be the same in both games, but reason prevailed over art, as bozo and rivera both knew I was scum there and I had no chance. I'm so different here that they both should be pretty sure I'm town here.

I'm fine with either Ezio or bozo, if ghug says rivera is town I will take his read. I can't read rivera much, he has some posts that ooze scum, but that happens to town rivera often, so I just don't know about him. The vote analysis is also stacked against him, but we can't give much weight to that in this game.

I think bozo is scum because when he is town he is level-headed to a fault. It's hard to face him as scum, I can tell you from recent experience. In this game he has shown crankiness and haughtiness that I haven't seen him show as town. Also, when he is town he defends his crackpot theories and is happy to push them and explain them with patience to anyone who will listen, I haven't seen that here.

He proposed a no-lynch when Fox was the leading wagon and he was the only "townie" that knew for sure Fox was scum. I just can't see that coming from a town place.

Having said all that, Ezio is still a more obvious scum than bozo, but I will probably vote for bozo after Ezio anyway, so...

xorxes

#1533 Post by xorxes » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:23 pm

Ezio wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:34 pm
@Ghug

like seriously? You've read xorxes. We've talked about Xorxes. Is this just because you want to have the say between Bozo/RD? You're worried about town getting it wrong after you die, but you're 100% convinced Xorxes is scum? If so, I can accept you going for Bozo, but if you're actually tossed up between Xorxes and me, I'll be fucking pissed.
Maybe you should explain the "town points" in more detail to convince him.

Also, was "lvr" yet another crumb, for LOVER, or am I just imagining things?

Ezio

#1534 Post by Ezio » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:28 pm

Ok guys. Let's have another look at simple voting by xorxes. What do his votes look like as town, and what do they look like as scum, and which game is this closer to?

The best comparison points are his D2's (or the first day after information has been revealed), where he does most of his good analysis and gamesolving, and he's actually been alive for a few of them.

Edit: it actually sucks b/c he hasn't been town, and alive, in awhile so it's just hard to find recent town meta, except for M40.

M40:
He was cop with a scan on me, and he still made a ton of votes.
http://mafia.peterlund.se/e/web/game_st ... =day&num=2
Flash-szpoti(I'm not counting the switch to me, because I was a replacement-Ike-RHK
IMPORTANT *4 VOTES*

Let's compare them to his games as scum.
This is D3 in the other game, that just finished, where xorxes was scum. Day 2, cop revealed a scan on jamiet so we're moving on to the next day for real information.
IMPORTANT *exactly one vote.*
http://mafia.peterlund.se/e/web/game_st ... =day&num=3

Let's go back to M35 (oddly, the same thing happened d2 with a scan on a teammate so everyone endhammered)
http://mafia.peterlund.se/e/web/game_st ... =day&num=3
he went nes-Ghug.
IMPORTANT *two votes*

M27( looks like the next game xorxes played? Have I missed any?)
D2: IMPORTANT *two votes*

M26
D2: IMPORTANT *two votes*

This game's was hilariously simple:
He voted for you with some case (evidently it turned out to be wrong), and then he voted squigs later. Did he ever explain his vote? I don't think he did.

Look at the colors. Look at how few there are for today, game.

Which one seems closer to this game's xorxes?
IMPORTANT *two votes*

Ezio

#1535 Post by Ezio » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:29 pm

And now I'm gonna play some MWO. Fuck all of y'all.

Durga

#1536 Post by Durga » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:30 pm

30 minutes left

bozotheclown

#1537 Post by bozotheclown » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:33 pm

xorxes wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:20 pm
First thing first: I'm never playing two games at once again, it's hard, especially when two other people are in both games.

I was tempted to kill brainbomb in the other one so the final three would be the same in both games, but reason prevailed over art, as bozo and rivera both knew I was scum there and I had no chance. I'm so different here that they both should be pretty sure I'm town here.

I'm fine with either Ezio or bozo, if ghug says rivera is town I will take his read. I can't read rivera much, he has some posts that ooze scum, but that happens to town rivera often, so I just don't know about him. The vote analysis is also stacked against him, but we can't give much weight to that in this game.

I think bozo is scum because when he is town he is level-headed to a fault. It's hard to face him as scum, I can tell you from recent experience. In this game he has shown crankiness and haughtiness that I haven't seen him show as town. Also, when he is town he defends his crackpot theories and is happy to push them and explain them with patience to anyone who will listen, I haven't seen that here.

He proposed a no-lynch when Fox was the leading wagon and he was the only "townie" that knew for sure Fox was scum. I just can't see that coming from a town place.

Having said all that, Ezio is still a more obvious scum than bozo, but I will probably vote for bozo after Ezio anyway, so...
Do you think I would be more worried about showing "crankiness and haughtiness" if I was town or scum?

Arguing that you are different than the other game is not a good argument, it is easy to deliberately look different.

Durga

#1538 Post by Durga » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:39 pm

Vote Count
Ezio (2) xorxes, bozotheclown
bozotheclown (2) rdrivera200, ghug
xorxes (1) Ezio

You have 20 minutes, no one is set to be lynched, etc.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1539 Post by ghug » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:42 pm

All of you get on bozo please.

Is Damian scum with an extra vote role? That'd be highly annoying.

xorxes

#1540 Post by xorxes » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:42 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:33 pm

Do you think I would be more worried about showing "crankiness and haughtiness" if I was town or scum?
I don't think that's something that is easy to control.
Arguing that you are different than the other game is not a good argument, it is easy to deliberately look different.
Some things are easy to fake, others aren't. Ezio, for example, is clearly faking frustration at the moment. If he was town he would at least consider the possibility I was town as well and try to talk to me on the level, but he has never talked normally to me this game, it was either over the top confidence I was town, theatrical concern that I may be scum, or certainty I was scum.