Mafia 57 Matrix

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
BunnyGo

Re: Mafia 57 Matrix

#1061 Post by BunnyGo » Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:52 pm

Oh and of the kills. It reeks very strongly of virus killing summit under direction. No way scum remove a mislynch for nothing. So why did scum kill bozo?

goldfinger0303
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1062 Post by goldfinger0303 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:54 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:50 pm
damo666 wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:18 pm
##vote DemonRHK

He is scum. No question. 100%. Trust me. Join me.
You make a very compelling case. DemonRHK will find it very difficult to rebut these points.
Well, "Bunny saved damo" ain't a popular theory for nothing

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1063 Post by ghug » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:03 am

goldfinger0303 wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:54 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:50 pm
damo666 wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:18 pm
##vote DemonRHK

He is scum. No question. 100%. Trust me. Join me.
You make a very compelling case. DemonRHK will find it very difficult to rebut these points.
Well, "Bunny saved damo" ain't a popular theory for nothing
You saved damo.

Jamiet99uk

#1064 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:09 am

Bret screwed Bret.

Foxcastle

#1065 Post by Foxcastle » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:14 am

I obviously support a Bunny wagon, but also want to see some competing wagons. There's plenty of time yet, of course. I'm going to pressure ##VOTE TEM and go do some reading.

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1066 Post by Tom Bombadil » Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:19 am

I very strong read bo now.

My woah buddy was pure coincidence. But I 100% believe bo thought that was a crumb, and if that’s the case, if bo was scum I would be dead.

Every post Goldie comes across as unnatural, but that could just be him. Maybe that’s why he is always scumread.

I’m leaning towards Bunny right now for his response of who he would vote for depending on the Nks. That’s such a careful, unnatural response.

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1067 Post by Tom Bombadil » Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:21 am

I’ll post more tomorrow. Sorry - I had a hell of a long day today.

I haven’t really done an analysis of EOD and these two flips will help.

BunnyGo

#1068 Post by BunnyGo » Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:57 am

OK, it's time to analyze the dead. So here is the eulogy of bozo:

His first two posts were to vote ghug "for pretending to forget people"
and me "for voting emc"

Then he engages that the ship should recruit the virus, and follows up on those first two opinions and pushes regarding them.

Then an interesting thing (both at the time and retrospect). When gold called me out for saying there were only 4 scum thinking I can't count myself (he might not know I count for a living...I don't think we played a game together where I mentioned that). Bozo responds that my post seemed a townslip to him, but GOLD's post was a scum slip (that gold knew there were 5 scum).

Bozo then votes Gold.

Also engaged on the damo can't be VT post.

Then went right back to dig and find that Bismarck had made the same scumslip. Then lied to him about why he made it.

Bozo voted damo.

Bozo claimed he town read summit.

Bozo engages with flash and muses on whether they are scum.

I'll quote his EOD analysis post in full:
bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:59 am
Rereading EOD, I get the feeling that damo and BunnyGo are town. A few players have said that BunnyGo's last minute vote for flash was suspicious, but that only makes sense if BunnyGo and emc are both scum, and I do not think BunnyGo would make a blatant move to save emc if that were the case, especially after bussing him all day. If damo is right about there being scum on his wagon, it is probably Bismarck.

I think summit is probably town also, but I do not know about emc. emc's vote switch from summit to flash looks suspicious to me considering emc started summit's wagon. If all of the top wagons were town at that point, emc may have wanted to get off summit's wagon when it looked like summit might be the kill, and emc tried hard to defend the switch when he was pressed on it.
He then also says "If emc is mafia, I think he may have been the only mafia to have votes at EOD. If this is the case, my guess for the mafia team is emc, Bismarck, one of the BunnyGo voters, and 2 from Nanook, TFB, Chaqa, worcej, Temasek."

And during the night continues pushing Bismarck about his scum slip.

Listen to the dead, people. They are dead for a reason. Bozo can think, and he listen's to people's motivations.

Next up, people should be taking a hard look at Bismarck, Gold, and Damo, and EMC (although EMC was the weakest of his reads).

And Tom...this is why flips are important. And I'm mechanically and "unnaturally" precise, because that's literally my job. It's a hard habit to break while hunting.

BunnyGo

#1069 Post by BunnyGo » Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:00 am

Now Drunk Bunny (TM) is too drunk, and actually has to go work. But listen to Drunk Bunny (TM), he's usually less of an ass, and more correct than Dumb Bunny.

Go listen to Bozo. Follow his lead, and listen and think.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1070 Post by ghug » Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:09 am

This guy is not as drunk as he says he is.

BismarckAlive

#1071 Post by BismarckAlive » Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:41 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:21 pm
BismarckAlive wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:36 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:15 am

I could not find where anyone commented on the error in the setup in the first 8 pages, so it is not clear to me why Bismarck said this.
I made a mistake there. I started reading the thread late because that is when I turned on the PC my morning time. I said "Hello" on p.7 (not 8), joined the thread every now and again in between doing other things, and it is true that I didn't say anything when others started talking about the Flavour counting error (I even resisted calling Jamiet scum for obfuscating / positing that the Matrix had 9 scum). Not sure why this is an issue, though.
Sometime when players say things that are not accurate there is a scum motivation behind it. If that it the case here, I think it would be because you were trying to support your explanation that you knew the multiple references to 4 agents in the setup was an error.

Did you not think what Jamie said was a joke?
I did know the multiple references to 4 agents in the thread and in the setup flavour were wrong (or unfair) because (1) Flum had said so in the signup thread (as I explained already) and (2) 4 mafia in 23 citizens is unfair. About Jamie, I was reading quickly, so I just made mental note of that outlandish post.

BunnyGo

#1072 Post by BunnyGo » Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:43 am

OK. Got some work done.

One last personal thing about Bismarck that I've only just realized has bothered me:

He's ALWAYS on the forum. I see him all the time. But he almost never posts. I saw him right now while refreshing the page. He's only posted when I called him on it.

What's with that man?

@ghug I've got kids and don't drink much anymore. 2-3 mojitos is enough.

BunnyGo

#1073 Post by BunnyGo » Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:43 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:43 am
OK. Got some work done.

One last personal thing about Bismarck that I've only just realized has bothered me:

He's ALWAYS on the forum. I see him all the time. But he almost never posts. I saw him right now while refreshing the page. He's only posted when I called him on it.

What's with that man?

HAHA ninja'd!

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#1074 Post by bo_sox48 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:45 am

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:19 am

My woah buddy was pure coincidence. But I 100% believe bo thought that was a crumb, and if that’s the case, if bo was scum I would be dead.

Every post Goldie comes across as unnatural, but that could just be him. Maybe that’s why he is always scumread.

I’m leaning towards Bunny right now for his response of who he would vote for depending on the Nks. That’s such a careful, unnatural response.
Cannot believe I’m actually convinced this is genuine lmao. Fuck me

TheFlyingBoat

#1075 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:53 am

bo_sox48 wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:45 am
Tom Bombadil wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:19 am

Cannot believe I’m actually convinced this is genuine lmao. Fuck me

Not going to lie I believed you. I thought both of y'all had some god tier crumbing and sleuthing. What a wild ride. I do town read bo now though because if he was scum he would have just let this free town read from Tom slide. If anyone wants to argue that this is clearly a scum sign because he bo did that knowing I would say this, please do and we can get a nice WIFOM sketch going.

TheFlyingBoat

#1076 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:56 am

ghug wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:09 am
This guy is not as drunk as he says he is.
Did the coherent sentences give it away?

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1077 Post by rdrivera2005 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:02 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:00 am
Now Drunk Bunny (TM) is too drunk, and actually has to go work. But listen to Drunk Bunny (TM), he's usually less of an ass, and more correct than Dumb Bunny.

I don't like this kind of post. Scum sometimes kill people because of their reads, but not usually on N1. It's much more likely they saw something on Bozo's play that look like PR.

I think Bunny once said he try to generate chaos as scum and I think it might be this case.

BunnyGo

#1078 Post by BunnyGo » Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:17 am

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:02 am
BunnyGo wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:00 am

I don't like this kind of post. Scum sometimes kill people because of their reads, but not usually on N1. It's much more likely they saw something on Bozo's play that look like PR.

I think Bunny once said he try to generate chaos as scum and I think it might be this case.
Ah, Bunny did say something like that once. Bunny said when he knew what was going on, he push people subtly towards a mistake and sat back and watch the "psychological billiards" go on their own towards that mistake a day later.

Bunny is currently hunting, and wants to help town stop tunneling. Bunny should not be center of attention. It will be very bad for town if/when I flip. We need to hunt, and town needs to coalesce.

So...I went back again to look for any Bozo crumbs that he was Neo. I didn't see any on first pass. But he did use the phrase "I have found" in both of his first posts. This sounds like it might be something Morpheus says in the movie. But I can't find it online.

Bozo doesn't usually crumb, but he did also mention how unlikely it is that the NEB would randomly pick anyone up. Maybe that's a crumb?

What do you think of bozo's reads? Do you disagree with them? Do any jump out at you as obviously correct/incorrect/interesting but needing more investigation?

Personally, I think every single wagon yesterday was probably town. So where were the scum? They didn't need to care about the wagons because they'd won the day. So...who wasn't moving? Who was sitting around happily laughing that town was in chaos?

Some vote analysis would be good. Look for those that didn't rock the boat on a day that scum was winning.

BismarckAlive

#1079 Post by BismarckAlive » Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:33 am

Hellenic Riot wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:57 pm
Main reads:

BismarckAlive - Find it very odd that he's come in tonight, omgussed Bozo for scumreading him, and continued to ignore my consistent push on him. D1 was awful, N1 reactive, parked a poorly explained vote on damo and left, and is obsessed with the 3P. Nothing about him suggests town to me.

Nanook - Very underwhelming, still no idea what their reads are. Made a big deal about voting to 'break a tie' and see what reactions would come of it, so I'm very surprised not to see them making any analysis of the fact that a tie very nearly happened at the end. Also felt the need to repeatedly state that they wouldn't be around at the EoD and ensure everyone knew why, which seems like overly defensive behaviour. If they don't post some EoN analysis tonight about that EoD then they're also a very solid vote tomorrow.

Tom Bombadil - Very quick and natural to give his townreads out, indeed probably the person most happy to give their reads in the game. All of them seem natural, very strong townread.

Foxcastle - Like his pressure on Bunny and the way he's kept coming back to it without ever tunnelvisioning. Continual pressure has been good. Probable town.

summit/damo/goldie - All of them (plus flash) made the very late votes on emc that deeply concerned me. Damo's could potentially be explained by him trying to save himself, but flash, summit, and bunny were all equally or more viable options for a saving vote at the time of casting so I think that's too easy an excuse. Pretty sure there's at least one scum amongst these three.
You have been extremely inconsistent in this one, as your voting showed. I don't see how you have been consistently arguing I am scum, since (1) you have n't given any valid reason for doing so, and (2) you haven't been around very much. Case in point? You still refer above to thinking there is at least one scum in the three flash, summit, and bunny, but we all know Flash is already gone.

You are now firmly in my scum radar.

BismarckAlive

#1080 Post by BismarckAlive » Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:43 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:43 am
OK. Got some work done.

What's with that man?

I leave two pages up all the time for ease of access: this thread, and the bot. And I do that on 2 devices: my work laptop and my desktop. I also use my phone to reread thread when out and about. I am "always on" playing Dip: I am in 3 current Dip games, and have been playing against bots to sharpen tactical skills.

If that is what you have on me, it is pretty light, don't you think? And my style is not to do one liners copying whole people's threads to fill up pages...