May Ghost Ratings Published

Use this forum to discuss Diplomacy strategy.
Forum rules
This forum is limited to topics relating to the game Diplomacy only. Other posts or topics will be relocated to the correct forum category or deleted. Please be respectful and follow our normal site rules at http://www.webdiplomacy.net/rules.php.
Message
Author
New England Fire Squad
Posts: 187
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:54 am
Location: Connecticut
Karma: 126

Re: May Ghost Ratings Published

#21 Post by New England Fire Squad » Wed May 08, 2019 3:57 am

VillageIdiot wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 3:40 am
I assume you’re east coast? How many hours do these games typically last?
2-3 hours. If that will ever work for you, please do let me know and I'll try and find players and make it password protected.

Carl Tuckerson
Posts: 314
Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:23 pm
Karma: 128

Re: May Ghost Ratings Published

#22 Post by Carl Tuckerson » Wed May 08, 2019 4:01 am

New England Fire Squad wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 3:57 am
VillageIdiot wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 3:40 am
I assume you’re east coast? How many hours do these games typically last?
2-3 hours. If that will ever work for you, please do let me know and I'll try and find players and make it password protected.
I'm not big on press but I'd play this.
Though 2-3 hours is ambitious. Lol
1

New England Fire Squad
Posts: 187
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:54 am
Location: Connecticut
Karma: 126

Re: May Ghost Ratings Published

#23 Post by New England Fire Squad » Wed May 08, 2019 4:08 am

Carl Tuckerson wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 4:01 am
New England Fire Squad wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 3:57 am
VillageIdiot wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 3:40 am
I assume you’re east coast? How many hours do these games typically last?
2-3 hours. If that will ever work for you, please do let me know and I'll try and find players and make it password protected.
I'm not big on press but I'd play this.
Though 2-3 hours is ambitious. Lol
It is (and welcome in advance!). I just want to make sure he knows how long it could take. If we all ready up etc it'll be much quicker of course.

ChippeRock
Posts: 1087
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:36 pm
Karma: 84

Re: May Ghost Ratings Published

#24 Post by ChippeRock » Wed May 08, 2019 6:21 am

Wow, I legit jumped 135 places as a result of my strong performance in the ODC tournament all the way up to #61 (and 48 places to get to #31 in Classic games).

In other news, "poor" VI dropped a spot due to a thrown game in the ODC tournament...
2

VillageIdiot
Posts: 289
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:55 am
Karma: 209

Re: May Ghost Ratings Published

#25 Post by VillageIdiot » Wed May 08, 2019 7:06 am

..
Last edited by VillageIdiot on Wed May 08, 2019 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

VillageIdiot
Posts: 289
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:55 am
Karma: 209

Re: May Ghost Ratings Published

#26 Post by VillageIdiot » Wed May 08, 2019 7:09 am

ChippeRock wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 6:21 am
In other news, "poor" VI dropped a spot due to a thrown game in the ODC tournament...
The true headline here is “VI is back as #1 for standard press classic games”.

All other games are just glorified checkers anyways.
1

Claesar
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 1053
Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:34 am
Karma: 427

Re: May Ghost Ratings Published

#27 Post by Claesar » Wed May 08, 2019 7:26 am

New England Fire Squad wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 11:56 pm
VillageIdiot wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 1:52 am
New England Fire Squad wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 12:53 am


If you ever have time, you need to play a live press game.
I’ve actually tried to make it happen in the past but as a parent I’ve only a small window after kids bedtime i could fit in and being on a west coast time zone things tend to be pretty quiet around here at that time of night. Damn those kids.
Luckily for both of us, I work at night - nights I'm off I'd be more than happy to play live at 1:00am my time. Magnetic, would you be in?
In
1

New England Fire Squad
Posts: 187
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:54 am
Location: Connecticut
Karma: 126

Re: May Ghost Ratings Published

#28 Post by New England Fire Squad » Wed May 08, 2019 7:35 am

Claesar wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 7:26 am
New England Fire Squad wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 11:56 pm
VillageIdiot wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 1:52 am

I’ve actually tried to make it happen in the past but as a parent I’ve only a small window after kids bedtime i could fit in and being on a west coast time zone things tend to be pretty quiet around here at that time of night. Damn those kids.
Luckily for both of us, I work at night - nights I'm off I'd be more than happy to play live at 1:00am my time. Magnetic, would you be in?
In
+1000000

The Belgian Bulldog
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:33 am
Karma: 59

Re: May Ghost Ratings Published

#29 Post by The Belgian Bulldog » Wed May 08, 2019 1:38 pm

I also like this becoming a monthly thing. Waiting three months was killing me... :-) Thanks for the effort!

Dejan0707
Posts: 66
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:15 pm
Karma: 51

Re: May Ghost Ratings Published

#30 Post by Dejan0707 » Wed May 08, 2019 7:49 pm

Nice to see the list being regular again. :)

I was not expecting to be on the lead but I guess MM helped in that regard by falling out of the list.

What is very interesting to notice is that I am at the momment #1 on the main list and #2 on the list of only standard press games even though I played almost none of the variants and those that I may played I did much worse than in press games. With that in mind I would expect that my result for standard press games would be better than the result for overall games.

Doug7878
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:05 am
Karma: 5

Re: May Ghost Ratings Published

#31 Post by Doug7878 » Wed May 08, 2019 8:31 pm

Hey Bo -
Where's naked gone to. I thought he owned the #5 slot in the gunboat ghost ratings.

Claesar
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 1053
Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:34 am
Karma: 427

Re: May Ghost Ratings Published

#32 Post by Claesar » Thu May 09, 2019 12:35 am

Dejan0707 wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 7:49 pm
Nice to see the list being regular again. :)

I was not expecting to be on the lead but I guess MM helped in that regard by falling out of the list.

What is very interesting to notice is that I am at the momment #1 on the main list and #2 on the list of only standard press games even though I played almost none of the variants and those that I may played I did much worse than in press games. With that in mind I would expect that my result for standard press games would be better than the result for overall games.
Perhaps the #1 in Standard Press has played a lot of variants, Gunboats and/or live games and did worse in those?

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1363
Joined: Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:01 am
Karma: 726
Contact:

Re: May Ghost Ratings Published

#33 Post by bo_sox48 » Thu May 09, 2019 4:27 pm

Doug7878 wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 8:31 pm
Hey Bo -
Where's naked gone to. I thought he owned the #5 slot in the gunboat ghost ratings.
Perhaps fallen off? It has been awhile since he played it seems.

Restitution
Posts: 67
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:00 am
Karma: 23

Re: May Ghost Ratings Published

#34 Post by Restitution » Fri May 10, 2019 3:36 am

Will there be a Chaos ghost ratings?
1

MadMarx
Posts: 198
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:01 am
Karma: 50

Re: May Ghost Ratings Published

#35 Post by MadMarx » Sat May 11, 2019 4:59 am

RoganJosh wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 3:49 pm
I played 5 GvI games last month, and no FvA games. Won all of them, but not against good opponents. This increased my GvI rating, and it increased the GvI part of my overall rating. So, in the end, my overall rating decreased by 7 pts..
While the overall combined rating is interesting, this is clear proof that it is not as informative as either the FvA or GvI individual ratings...

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1363
Joined: Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:01 am
Karma: 726
Contact:

Re: May Ghost Ratings Published

#36 Post by bo_sox48 » Sat May 11, 2019 4:16 pm

Restitution wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 3:36 am
Will there be a Chaos ghost ratings?
There are no individual variant ratings. Some are weighted into the formula but they are all weighted much lower than classic for balance reasons.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest