Chaos Chaos

Use this forum to discuss Diplomacy strategy.
Forum rules
This forum is limited to topics relating to the game Diplomacy only. Other posts or topics will be relocated to the correct forum category or deleted. Please be respectful and follow our normal site rules at http://www.webdiplomacy.net/rules.php.
Johnwickgamer

Chaos Chaos

#1 Post by Johnwickgamer » Fri May 03, 2019 4:26 pm

If someone or multiple people are crazy enough to break it down. I would Like to do a tier list and rank every single starting location on chaos. But from a first glance. I would say that the best is tunis. The worse would have to be serbia.

Magnetic24

Re: Chaos Chaos

#2 Post by Magnetic24 » Fri May 03, 2019 4:33 pm

Portugal is also quite good. In its experience, vdip has some statistics on it. We don't have it here yet though.

Restitution

#3 Post by Restitution » Fri May 03, 2019 5:20 pm

I think Sevastopol, Tunis, Portugal, Munich, Lvp are all excellent.

In the early game everyone's going to be building armies, so often a fleet will be able to kingmake and make a good alliance.

Worst would probably be Moscow, all 3 Turkish states, Rumania.

I really really enjoy chaos, it is much more fun and dynamic than classic. The lack of balance is fine due to the law of averages.

Matticus13

#4 Post by Matticus13 » Fri May 03, 2019 9:35 pm

Restitution wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 5:20 pm
The first time I played Chaos on VDip, I drew Ankara. I was able to capture all the Turkish centers by the end of 1902. Got to a point where I was at 5 units all of the sudden. I literally got stabbed by 6 countries at once! Survived it and ended with 6 SCs in the draw.

Basically, it depends on your diplomacy and who you can get to do your bidding. All areas of the board have their pros and cons.

Fluminator

#5 Post by Fluminator » Fri May 03, 2019 9:52 pm

Johnwickgamer wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 4:26 pm
If someone or multiple people are crazy enough to break it down. I would Like to do a tier list and rank every single starting location on chaos. But from a first glance. I would say that the best is tunis. The worse would have to be serbia.
Are we talking public press, gunboat, or full press?
If we're talking public press, Serbia is probably the best one to start as.
Even free press you have a lot of options. You really just need one neighbor to like you and you'll likely be fine.

Restitution

#6 Post by Restitution » Fri May 03, 2019 10:41 pm

Matticus13 wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 9:35 pm
Restitution wrote:
The first time I played Chaos on VDip, I drew Ankara. I was able to capture all the Turkish centers by the end of 1902. Got to a point where I was at 5 units all of the sudden. I literally got stabbed by 6 countries at once! Survived it and ended with 6 SCs in the draw.

Basically, it depends on your diplomacy and who you can get to do your bidding. All areas of the board have their pros and cons.
Imo the only way to do well as ankara is if your neighbors are bad playerd. No sane con or smy would ever put you into the other. It's a misplay.

Matticus13

#7 Post by Matticus13 » Fri May 03, 2019 11:12 pm

Restitution wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 10:41 pm
Matticus13 wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 9:35 pm
Restitution wrote:

Imo the only way to do well as ankara is if your neighbors are bad playerd. No sane con or smy would ever put you into the other. It's a misplay.
There are 34 nations. It's bound to be a mixed bag. I do not think it was bad play that lead to the decision either. Everyone is negotiating with everyone else, trying to find that one ally that they can depend on early. I did not even ask for the support to Smyrna, they offered. It was a show of faith that I would return the favor. I was actually going to hold up my end of the deal in 1902, but circumstances arose that made taking out my former ally the only play that made sense.

https://vdiplomacy.com/board.php?gameID=30154#gamePanel

^Here is the game. Some epic moments. Tunis goes from 3 units to out in a single year! 'Member Darg? ;)