April Ghost Ratings Published

Use this forum to discuss Diplomacy strategy.
Forum rules
This forum is limited to topics relating to the game Diplomacy only. Other posts or topics will be relocated to the correct forum category or deleted. Please be respectful and follow our normal site rules at http://www.webdiplomacy.net/rules.php.
Durga

Re: April Ghost Ratings Published

#21 Post by Durga » Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:50 am

It’s not like I “pulled a Durga” and quit in the third round of a tournament because multiple opponents were attacking me and I was about to be defeated by legitimate gameplay...
Uh, or confirmed metagaming :eyeroll: I've been eliminated and defeated legitimately in a lot of tournaments/tournament games and haven't quit. That was **not** legitimate gameplay

I had to ask a few people to replace your position so while I'm glad your substitute has thanked you, it didn't help me :)

Durga

#22 Post by Durga » Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:53 am

Anyway continue on your 1v1 whatever, I'm just gonna be bitter towards anyone who dropped out for non legitimate reasons

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#23 Post by bo_sox48 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:57 am

As much as I love a good show...

1v1 ratings have been updated.

Turns out I was using an outdated algorithm. Thank you RoganJosh for pointing out the discrepancy, and thank you ghug for pointing me in the right direction. They now show the correct rating for each player as well as the ratings broken down by category.

While not exactly a bug, RoganJosh has received 250 points for pointing out the error.

MadMarx
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#24 Post by MadMarx » Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:03 am

Durga wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:53 am
Anyway continue on your 1v1 whatever, I'm just gonna be bitter towards anyone who dropped out for non legitimate reasons
I expect that real life will prevent me from joining a press game for the duration of 2019 and then some, if that is a non-legitimate reason then we have different definitions, and obviously I’m sticking with mine...

Once the GvI finals are over I might considered joining the AvF Champions League if someone runs that this October or November, assuming real life is much more under control at that point, otherwise I’ll be on a break...

MadMarx
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#25 Post by MadMarx » Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:44 am

Can games played also be separated out for each variant (relatively easily)?

For example, I can look back at my own history and see that my April GvI rating was based on a total of 24 games played, but I’m not even going to try to do that for anyone else, especially those that have played hundreds of 1v1 games...

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#26 Post by Squigs44 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:47 am

MadMarx wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:44 am
Can games played also be separated out for each variant (relatively easily)?

For example, I can look back at my own history and see that my April GvI rating was based on a total of 24 games played, but I’m not even going to try to do that for anyone else, especially those that have played hundreds of 1v1 games...
Probably the best way to do this as of right now is to use the new advanced search. This is the Search games option under the search tab. You can enter someone's username and one of the columns will show what variant each game is. You will still have to count stuff up, but at least it is all in a nice table.

Yes it is possible to change the code to tally it by variant, but no it's probably not going to get done anytime soon.

MadMarx
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#27 Post by MadMarx » Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:34 am

Squigs44 wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:47 am
Yes it is possible to change the code to tally it by variant, but no it's probably not going to get done anytime soon.
Where’s ghug when you’re looking to cash in a favor...