Practise Orders?

General discussions that don't fit in other forums can go here.
Forum rules
Feel free to discuss any topics here. Please use the Politics sub-forum for political conversations. While most topics will be allowed please be sure to be respectful and follow our normal site rules at http://www.webdiplomacy.net/rules.php.
Standard_Monarch_4

Practise Orders?

#1 Post by Standard_Monarch_4 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:44 am

Hi all,

Given the lack of face to face Diplomacy options, I want to use some of this lockdown time to practise resolving orders so that I can be quicker and less stressed when we return to playing. Are there any resources for this?

Cheers.

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

Re: Practise Orders?

#2 Post by Squigs44 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:42 am

I'm not sure exactly what it is you are looking for format-wise. If you are looking for a diplomacy sandbox, Backstabbr is the place to go. Webdip is great, but we don't have a sandbox as of yet. If you are looking for a comprehensive guide to rules and how to adjudicate complex scenarios, studying the DATC would probably help you in resolving orders. If you just want practice in putting in lots of orders and playing lots of games to see how things shape up, creating a bot game will get you lots of moves quickly (the bots put in orders instantaneously).
Hopefully one of these things is helpful, but if you are looking for something else, let us know exactly what it is you are looking for and we could probably answer your question a bit better.

RoganJosh
Silver Donator
Silver Donator

#3 Post by RoganJosh » Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:05 am

jDip is a pretty good sandbox, better than what's available online, I'd say

Standard_Monarch_4

#4 Post by Standard_Monarch_4 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:29 am

Thanks for the responses. What I'm looking for us a way to see orders (but not their results), and then to see the results later so I can check what I've done. It seems that sandbox will meet that desire, and it's something I hadn't thought of, so thank you.

cdngooner
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#5 Post by cdngooner » Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:55 am

Here's the sandbox I use: http://gamesbyemail.com/Games/Politics/Judge

Click "clear board" and drag units to where you want them, then give them orders.