Webdiplomacy Mods do try their BEST to investigate Cheating

General discussions that don't fit in other forums can go here.
Forum rules
Feel free to discuss any topics here. Please use the Politics sub-forum for political conversations. While most topics will be allowed please be sure to be respectful and follow our normal site rules at http://www.webdiplomacy.net/rules.php.
MajorMitchell
Location: Now Performing Comedic Artist Dusty Balzac Bush Philosopher from Flyblown Gully by the Sea

Webdiplomacy Mods do try their BEST to investigate Cheating

#1 Post by MajorMitchell » Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:06 am

I've been an occasionally pestiferous & often a daffy, aging fool here at webdiplomacy for a few years and I want to assure newer members that the Mods at webdiplomacy do take cheating investigation seriously, they put a lot of unpaid hours of volunteer work on investigation of cheating.

There's a simple way to make a request for an investigation by the Mods, it's by email.
For sound reasons the Forum is NOT the place for an "ordinary member" (albeit some/many of us a definitely not ordinary people) to make allegations of cheating/express suspicions of cheating etc, or to discuss an investigation of cheating or dissatisfaction with an investigation.
The Mods are effective in their actions against cheats imho.

Not everything that looks suspicious is cheating.

So my message to new players is please have faith in the mods and their powers to deal with cheats. Trust them completely in their work as Mods. Be far less trusting with them in a diplomacy game when they are players.

I often describe them as Almighty Mods and site owners as Omnipotent Zultar & nearly Omnipotent Kestas & rattle on about Omnipotent Zultar's Magic Cave & The Grand High Inquisitors etc etc which is my way of expressing DipcomradeLove & respect to them. I don't do it to mock them or undermine them.

I'm prepared to stand my ground at times with a Mod in forum discussions, viz my current exchange with jmo on another thread about a remark another member made in a post when he (I assume to be fair)wanted to criticise the totalitarian Government of the PRC, but which I contend was open to being misinterpreted as to possibly imply that brave dissidents in the PRC were also "evil".

But when it comes to investigating allegations of cheating, they are the best we have, they do it as unpaid volunteers, so please, keep all communications​ to them about cheating to emails. Don't bring it to the Forum.

Now I'm sure a beady eyed Almighty Mod will scrutinise this new thread most promptly.. and will note that I have not provided the email address to use for all cheating matters, it can be found by looking in help thingy, and I'm confident the first Almighty Mod to read this will kindly make a helpful post with the email address to use.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Webdiplomacy Mods do try their BEST to investigate Cheating

#2 Post by dargorygel » Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:28 am

One wonders how and why in ONE thread, MajorMitchell is able to both complement the Moderators AND cause us to do more work. In the time spent in expressing his confidence in our ability to read, and subsequently add the mysterious email address, he could have cut and pasted it himself, yes? :-) At any rate, here it is: [email protected].

MajorMitchell
Location: Now Performing Comedic Artist Dusty Balzac Bush Philosopher from Flyblown Gully by the Sea

#3 Post by MajorMitchell » Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:00 pm

Almighty Mod Dargoygel, I prostrate myself in the cosmic dust and offer my humblest apologies & most profound gratitude in response to your assistance.
I would, most diplomatically, suggest that you greatly overestimate my competencies with interweb thingies, I am proud to declare that I have never successfully cut and pasted anything on a computer screen.
Paper, cardboard, vinyl or plastic or metal sheet or skins I have cut and stuck with proper glues, adhesives​ or epoxy resins etc.
It's possible that I have cut & run, on a computer screen when I was playing diplomacy,.
I hope Dipbro Maniac cannot cut and paste on an interweb screen. If the cunning blighter can, then he could beat me by becoming a Novice Almighty Mod before I make it past The Grand High Inquisitors examination.

gimix
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#4 Post by gimix » Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:10 pm

dargorygel wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:28 am
One wonders how and why in ONE thread, MajorMitchell is able to both complement the Moderators AND cause us to do more work.
You have to be forgiving with poor Major. We should assume his beloved jailors HSBII & LPE are clipping his wings. That may also be the reason why his messages have been so concise of late :razz:

GeneralGratton

#5 Post by GeneralGratton » Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:12 pm

i would like to salute the alliterative OP for his post, i for one am a fan of his use of Military ranks and names.

I also support comments provided here by OP directed to new members.

God speed MajorMitchell.

Yours

GeneralGratton

MajorMitchell

#6 Post by MajorMitchell » Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:50 pm

Thank you gimix for the delicate way you compliment one consequence of the recent enforced change in my state of sobriety.

MajorMitchell

#7 Post by MajorMitchell » Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:52 am

I was just cruising the open game positions and noted six games with openings, and my instincts had me infer that the Almighty Mods might have just caught a player violating the rules, and I think I am correct in asserting that there is, when we look, abundant & clear evidence that the Almighty Mods, unpaid volunteers are actively investigating allegations and acting effectively.

MajorMitchell

#8 Post by MajorMitchell » Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:40 am

If I wasn't clear enough in my post above.. when I saw the six games with openings..yes there was the culprit's player name with the Red X of shame & expulsion superimposed on.it.. Another cheating schwinehund bites the dust. Well done Almighty Mods.