Can users / mods extend the time left in a lobby before it times out?

General discussions that don't fit in other forums can go here.
Forum rules
Feel free to discuss any topics here. Please use the Politics sub-forum for political conversations. While most topics will be allowed please be sure to be respectful and follow our normal site rules at http://www.webdiplomacy.net/rules.php.
Rusty1428

Can users / mods extend the time left in a lobby before it times out?

#1 Post by Rusty1428 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:26 pm

What it says on the tin basically, I’m in a chaos game with 19 people and a bit over three days left on the clock so it seems inevitable that it will time out before the game can begin. As of I haven’t found any way of changing the time (obviously) and I was just wandering if I was missing something.
I didn’t want to clutter the admins’ inboxes unnecessarily if I couldn’t so I didn’t send them an email.

P.S. Thanks for taking the time to read this even if you can’t help

Claesar

Re: Can users / mods extend the time left in a lobby before it times out?

#2 Post by Claesar » Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:31 pm

Yes, we can do this but it's a bit laborous. We have to manually reset the pre-game deadline to the game deadline. In other words, when your pre-game timer gets close to 0 we can reset it back to 1 day. If we're fast enough. It's more likely we'll miss your email as our inbox is being flooded already..

Rusty1428

Re: Can users / mods extend the time left in a lobby before it times out?

#3 Post by Rusty1428 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:18 pm

Claesar wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:31 pm
Yes, we can do this but it's a bit laborous. We have to manually reset the pre-game deadline to the game deadline. In other words, when your pre-game timer gets close to 0 we can reset it back to 1 day. If we're fast enough. It's more likely we'll miss your email as our inbox is being flooded already..
If it’s only one day extra it will probably still time out anyway, thanks for your time and good luck with the inbox