Eating Snow

General discussions that don't fit in other forums can go here.
Forum rules
Feel free to discuss any topics here. Please use the Politics sub-forum for political conversations. While most topics will be allowed please be sure to be respectful and follow our normal site rules at http://www.webdiplomacy.net/rules.php.
MajorMitchell
Location: Now Performing Comedic Artist Dusty Balzac Bush Philosopher from Flyblown Gully by the Sea

Re: Eating Snow

#21 Post by MajorMitchell » Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:37 am

What is the quality of this year's vintage of Nebraskan Snow ? Do Nebraskans have snow tastings​ ?

Randomizer

#22 Post by Randomizer » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:38 am

Since 2017 the EPA in the US has ended all regulations that preserved the purity of snow allowing for many chemicals to be added to it lowering the quality. Having too much of it can be hazardous to your health plus melting it in your mouth and stomach uses up body heat that can cause hypothermia and frostbite of your tongue.

brainbomb

#23 Post by brainbomb » Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:24 am

Its been a very light winter. only 1 measurable storm and were more than halfway through winter. I recall when I was 13 a storm dumped 14 inches of snow on the city days before haloween. It took down trees and shut the city down for a week
we just dont get storms like that the past few years. I think 2015 was the last storm over 10 inches.

brainbomb

#24 Post by brainbomb » Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:02 pm

We used to play backyard football in the snow. 2 vs 2. I was of course the quarterback and the neighbor daniel would run to the end of the yard and catch almost anything I ever threw. He was taller and faster so It was easy. Playing in the snow made it much more enjoyable. But as you would get tired from running you would also get thirsty. So grabbing a chunk of snow and eating it sufficed for refreshing between plays.

Qualon

#25 Post by Qualon » Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:09 pm

I completely agree. When I discussed the reduction in the amount of snow we've been getting with my friends, we all came to the same conclusion that it was boosting the quality of it. In this regard I would compare it to Wagyu beef which has seen a massive increase in value due to protectionist policies. It's become a much more exciting event when it begins to snow im my area and there have been more kids playing in it than ever.