Adventures of brainbomb

General discussions that don't fit in other forums can go here.
Forum rules
Feel free to discuss any topics here. Please use the Politics sub-forum for political conversations. While most topics will be allowed please be sure to be respectful and follow our normal site rules at http://www.webdiplomacy.net/rules.php.
MajorMitchell
Location: Now Performing Comedic Artist Dusty Balzac Bush Philosopher from Flyblown Gully by the Sea

Re: Adventures of brainbomb

#41 Post by MajorMitchell » Sat May 16, 2020 5:02 am

Bloody auto correcting s/w.
Very last line of post.."my full effort" should be "my dull effort'

MajorMitchell
Location: Now Performing Comedic Artist Dusty Balzac Bush Philosopher from Flyblown Gully by the Sea

#42 Post by MajorMitchell » Sat May 16, 2020 5:03 am

Ha, it tripped onto next page so my correction is not immediately apparent..

brainbomb

#43 Post by brainbomb » Sat May 16, 2020 6:41 am

Our wedding is june 26th. Elizabeth and I plan to have a ceremony with masks and social distancing. covid has taken even the most traditional of pleasures of life and replaced it with unyielding uncertainty.

alas ive begun my new career as the kitchen master of a golf course clubhouse. we have 60,000 holes of golf played per year. we are an insanely busy course even in covid. so our new restaurant add on is expected to be incredible.

im thrilled. a bit sore. not alot of time to screw off.

but happy.

Octavious

#44 Post by Octavious » Sat May 16, 2020 10:38 am

Pah, covid hasn't stopped the traditions that matter. Sure, maybe passing the quaich may not be particularly wise, but the core stuff perseveres. Have a great day, and use corona as an excuse to stop anything you don't like :).

Holes per year is a fun unit of measurement. I've got no idea what it means :p.

MajorMitchell

#45 Post by MajorMitchell » Sat May 16, 2020 11:13 am

Crikey you lot are savage literary critics

Jamiet99uk

#46 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat May 16, 2020 1:48 pm

Octavious wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 10:38 am
Pah, covid hasn't stopped the traditions that matter. Sure, maybe passing the quaich may not be particularly wise, but the core stuff perseveres. Have a great day, and use corona as an excuse to stop anything you don't like :).

Well, a full sized golf course has 18 holes. So if every person visiting the golf club visited once per year, and played one full round of the course, that would indicate the course had around 3,333 unique visitors per year.

Octavious

#47 Post by Octavious » Sat May 16, 2020 4:41 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 1:48 pm
Octavious wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 10:38 am

Well, a full sized golf course has 18 holes. So if every person visiting the golf club visited once per year, and played one full round of the course, that would indicate the course had around 3,333 unique visitors per year.
Yeah, I did the same quick back of an envelope calculation. But the trouble is that works out as less than 10 rounds of golf being played per day, which is two or three pairs and a foursome. I'm not entirely sure how I'd describe that, but insanely busy ain't it, so I assumed I'd misunderstood something somewhere along the tracks.

Jamiet99uk

#48 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat May 16, 2020 6:02 pm

I am sure Brainbomb will explain.

brainbomb

#49 Post by brainbomb » Sun May 17, 2020 1:06 pm

Ill look into those numbers
because were a 27 hole golf course
3 different 9 hole courses

keep in mimd winter is nasty here and from nov-feb golf is not really a comfortable activity

MajorMitchell

#50 Post by MajorMitchell » Mon May 18, 2020 1:47 am

Congratulations on getting a position at a Golf Club in my opinion they are a defining feature of enlightened civilisation. I hope you make a successful career in the management of Golf Clubs​. AND CONTINUE YOUR DRAWING AND PAINTING CAPERS. PLEASE. Bon chance at the marriage caper, hope you are happy & daffy with love for your Elizabeth and that Elizabeth is similarly smitten with enduring LOVE for you Dipbro Brainbomb.

brainbomb

#51 Post by brainbomb » Mon May 18, 2020 5:37 am

indeed! yes. thank you.

brainbomb

#52 Post by brainbomb » Wed May 27, 2020 5:26 pm

Thursday brainbomb was thrilled to welcome RagingIke297 to Omaha. His flight arrived and I picked him up. RagingIke came to town to celebrate my bachelor party and to enjoy a weekend of all Omaha has to offer. Thursday night we held a potluck dinner for all the males in the wedding party and dads, plus sir Ike. I made a vegeterian chili that was a big hit, and Ike got to experience why Nebraska is known for corn.
Friday we spent our time at the Air and Space Museum enjoying B29 bombers, B17s, and even got to play a giant game of battleship against Ike. which I won.

Friday was spent playing Game of Thrones Card game. Saturday we did a zoom party with all my groomsmen. Sunday Ike and I went fishing and it was an ordeal from the start. I caught a tiny bluegill and we left empty handed despite our best effort.

Monday I gave RagingIke the final tour of the city which culminated in eating at a sit down restaurant. Everything is reopening here but it is not entirely safe. Luckily we wore masks everywhere we went and some of us even wore masks while in our own homes. (long story)

Tuesday I bid goodbye to RagingIke, until next time.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#53 Post by Chaqa » Wed May 27, 2020 5:28 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 5:26 pm
Thursday brainbomb was thrilled to welcome RagingIke297 to Omaha. His flight arrived and I picked him up. RagingIke came to town to celebrate my bachelor party and to enjoy a weekend of all Omaha has to offer. Thursday night we held a potluck dinner for all the males in the wedding party and dads, plus sir Ike. I made a vegeterian chili that was a big hit, and Ike got to experience why Nebraska is known for corn.
Friday we spent our time at the Air and Space Museum enjoying B29 bombers, B17s, and even got to play a giant game of battleship against Ike. which I won.

Friday was spent playing Game of Thrones Card game. Saturday we did a zoom party with all my groomsmen. Sunday Ike and I went fishing and it was an ordeal from the start. I caught a tiny bluegill and we left empty handed despite our best effort.

Monday I gave RagingIke the final tour of the city which culminated in eating at a sit down restaurant. Everything is reopening here but it is not entirely safe. Luckily we wore masks everywhere we went and some of us even wore masks while in our own homes. (long story)

Tuesday I bid goodbye to RagingIke, until next time.
BRAIN!! You play the GoT card game?

brainbomb

#54 Post by brainbomb » Wed May 27, 2020 5:34 pm

yeppers

brainbomb

#55 Post by brainbomb » Wed May 27, 2020 5:34 pm

My Stark deck and Lannister decks are my pride and joy.

MajorMitchell

#56 Post by MajorMitchell » Thu May 28, 2020 5:39 am

Hoorah for beloved Dipbro Brainbomb. I'm definitely watching too much tv news & reading tragic items in newspapers. I was contemplating starting a confused thread about our World and the need to treat each other much better, give and share more love and compassion, and much, much less violence.
I opened this thread and it's wonderful to read Dipbro Brainbomb's latest update & be cheered up.
I'm going to.cut some fresh roses for my Adorable Martial Fire Breathing Mem Sahib Her Serene Imperiousness Indoors knitting in her lounge.

MajorMitchell

#57 Post by MajorMitchell » Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:35 pm

Bumpity Bump

MajorMitchell

#58 Post by MajorMitchell » Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:30 am

Bumpity Bump. I'm not having "The Adventures of Dipbro Brainbomb" slipping down the thread ranking. Please Dipbro Brainbomb, might we have another entertaining post...

MajorMitchell

#59 Post by MajorMitchell » Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:50 am

Bumpity Bumpity Bump,
Dipbro Brainbomb had salad for lunch,
Happy chappy is he, the Love, beauty,
Kindness and care Elizabeth and he share,
Is to only be encouraged, as well as his Art,
Lots of DipcomradeLove from a Daffy Old Fart.

flash2015
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#60 Post by flash2015 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:22 pm

He's gone, Jim...