Adventures of brainbomb

General discussions that don't fit in other forums can go here.
Forum rules
Feel free to discuss any topics here. Please use the Politics sub-forum for political conversations. While most topics will be allowed please be sure to be respectful and follow our normal site rules at http://www.webdiplomacy.net/rules.php.
MajorMitchell
Location: Now Performing Comedic Artist Dusty Balzac Bush Philosopher from Flyblown Gully by the Sea

Re: Adventures of brainbomb

#21 Post by MajorMitchell » Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:47 pm

I got carried away with that and missed putting "is sheer genius" after.. ringing, cracker of a pronunciation"

brainbomb

#22 Post by brainbomb » Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:21 pm

yes but where is blackflag
where is krellin
where is Conservative man

MajorMitchell
Location: Now Performing Comedic Artist Dusty Balzac Bush Philosopher from Flyblown Gully by the Sea

#23 Post by MajorMitchell » Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:06 pm

Probably over at VDiplomacy or PlayDiplomacy with the other political refugees. I'm playing a Classic game at PlayDiplomacy & have Russia and I'm getting absolutely flogged. It's like Octavious or Omnipotent Zultar has bloomin' Austria and has a bayonet pressed against my chest as sharp as any of those in the private collection of my Lovely Fire Breathing MemSahib Her Serene Imperiousness Indoors lying on a sofa eating cakes. The cunning blighter with Austria has convinced Turkey to be his stooge and the fiendish blighter with Germany is also attacking me. Woe is me in that game.
I should stick to Scribbling and my newest indulgence, Drawing with coloured pencils and chalk pastels. This Drawing artistically caper is wonderfully calming.

brainbomb

#24 Post by brainbomb » Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:39 pm

always lying on the sofa eating cakes.
my god that woman should be a couch model

MajorMitchell

#25 Post by MajorMitchell » Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:36 pm

My Adorable Fire Breathing MemSahib Her Serene Imperiousness Indoors lounging on a sofa eating cakes has come a long way since taking out 3rd prize in the 1966 Kangaroo Flat Beauty Contest.

brainbomb

#26 Post by brainbomb » Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:56 pm

Zuckermans prize winning hog would be so overcome with jealousy.

Octavious

#27 Post by Octavious » Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:03 pm

I wasn't aware that the fashion for stick thin women in the 60s, personified by models such as Twiggy, was quite so pervasive as to have infected even the world of kangaroos. I hope that in modern Australia they have abandoned this obsession with flat kangaroos in favour of a healthier, naturally curvy look.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#28 Post by dargorygel » Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:55 pm

MajorMitchell wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:36 pm
My Adorable Fire Breathing MemSahib Her Serene Imperiousness Indoors lounging on a sofa eating cakes has come a long way since taking out 3rd prize in the 1966 Kangaroo Flat Beauty Contest.
I once observed a parade in Kangaroo Grounds...

Kakarroto

#29 Post by Kakarroto » Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:52 am

Since the time people confused Austria with Australia, there is the saying "there are no Kangaroos ind Austria", but as a matter of fact, there are.

MajorMitchell

#30 Post by MajorMitchell » Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:27 pm

Oh for the halcyon days when I was a young scallywag and I first saw my Adorable Fire Breathing MemSahib Her Serene Imperiousness Indoors now lounging on a sofa eating cakes. One sight of her sturdy physique as she took part in a stock whip cracking display and I was smitten & daffy with romantic inclinations.

MajorMitchell

#31 Post by MajorMitchell » Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:24 pm

I'm having a fun Diplomacy game over@ playdip & they have a much more relaxed attitude to players surrendering their country & being replaced, the cost equivalent would be a dozen points here & 1.4% drop in RR. Not that I have given up yet in the few games I've played. But there's been players surrendering & being replaced, for example 2 players .France and Turkey have both surrendered in different years in first four years in my current game. I have Russia and after a tough start have got to eight sc's. England and France started squabbling in spring 01 over English Channel . Germany and Austria were schwinehunds from the start. So although my long term hope was alliance with France, I had to make an alliance with England first to prevent England and Germany getting together and to use England to defeat Germany.
The guy with England is mediocre at best, eg just kept building fleets, no second army ever, eg six fleets one army.
I had some luck and got Sweden, Berlin and Munich, England got Norway Holland and has been fighting with France over Belgium and I just helped move his army Denmark into Kiel in a spring move to capture last German sc plus moved a new army St Petersburg to Moscow (his Norway unnocupied) and while he held it in Autumn move I used my fleet Baltic Sea to Convoy army Berlin to Denmark and betray England. Thanks to the moves England played & a daffy retreat to London from English Channel (captured by French fleet) the current spring move sees no English fleet in the North Sea, but fleets in London and Edinburgh & I have new fleet St Petersburg North coast and an unnoposed stroll into Norway to capture it.
I'm quite aware of my many failures with Russia, once got to 14/15 scs and got defeated by alliance of other three players.

MajorMitchell

#32 Post by MajorMitchell » Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:06 pm

Beloved Dipbro Brainbomb is back & in fine form, we have five Dipbro Brainbomb threads in the current top seven threads in Off topic section of our wonderful New Forum with more Decorum. Hoorah !!!

MajorMitchell

#33 Post by MajorMitchell » Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:36 am

Come on Dipbro Brainbomb, your adventures thread is languishing and requires new stories of your bold and daring exploits and I need your advice regarding chalkboard paint. Which do you think is better, oil based chalkboard paint that requires turpentine to clean up brush or water based chalkboard paint ?

MajorMitchell

#34 Post by MajorMitchell » Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:43 am

Plus Dipbro Brainbomb I have a question. Do Hollywood movies prove the existence of Satan and demonstrate that Satan can be beaten by actors like Arnie Schwartzeneggs & Keanu Reeves ? Does this ability of Hollywood to save humanity from Satan's wicked schemes render old fashioned religions redundant ?

MajorMitchell

#35 Post by MajorMitchell » Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:44 am

Or did Al Pacino fail to deliver a proper evil Satan with his performance?

brainbomb

#36 Post by brainbomb » Sat Mar 07, 2020 4:37 am

I had a great day at a young professionals summit where my fiancee was the host. 1500 people.

On a scary note, coronavirus has had a case in my city. a 36 year old who may have been in contact with many people since returning from london last week. the case was discovered today and the public has been notified

Maniac
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#37 Post by Maniac » Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:35 am

brainbomb wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:55 pm
It was a nice break from working 60 hours a week, 7 days a week and having around 5 hours of sleep.a night
I’m calling BS! Having played several mafia games with you there is no way you’re getting 5 hrs sleep a night.

Congrats on the nuptials

brainbomb

#38 Post by brainbomb » Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:23 am

the coronavirus is spiking all over town

Yigg

#39 Post by Yigg » Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:37 am

See, now I have this mental image of an NFL player holding a football sized jar full of green goo that has a "Coronavirus" label scrawled on it, and spiking it in the street while screaming, "WOO! Coronavirus, baby! YEAH! Number ONE!!" while chest-bumping teammates and repeating this process all over the town you live in.

MajorMitchell

#40 Post by MajorMitchell » Sat May 16, 2020 4:58 am

Well Yigg perhaps daffy Donald Trump has delivered a version of your distopian & possibly perverted(?) imagery. (You posted that March 10; now it's May)
..give Trump another few months to see how it pans out?

I looked up this thread because it was languishing from neglect and slipping down into forgotten thread land.

Adventures of beloved Dipbro Brainbomb deserves our care and interest.

So I scribbled a few lines expressing DipcomradeLove & tentatively dedicate them to Dipcomrades Brainbomb, Dargoygel & ATC & Omnipotent Zultar.

Heavenly wings and prayers sing to me in your eyes and smile,
Save my lost sad lonely soul, 'tis my heart's fervent plea
Averting other wondrous seductions t'would lead
Into Hell's brimstone fueled infernos for eternity
Or cold dark deep oblivion beneath tormented sea.

I tried it written on a card with a few roses for my Adorable Martial Fire Breathing Mem Sahib Her Serene Loving Imperiousness Indoors lounging on a sofa eating cakes and the result so far is that I live under heavy suspicion of having committed some diabolical offence and the card & roses were the first expression of my penitence. Dabbling in the romantic caper can be like dancing toward blissful embrace blindfolded in a densely sown minefield.

Like a lot of my scribbles there's a touch of plagiarism.. can anyone correctly guess what line from what song I used to get the first line of my full effort?