Michigan / Detroit Diplomacy group

General discussions that don't fit in other forums can go here.
Forum rules
Feel free to discuss any topics here. Please use the Politics sub-forum for political conversations. While most topics will be allowed please be sure to be respectful and follow our normal site rules at http://www.webdiplomacy.net/rules.php.
MajorMitchell
Location: Now Performing Comedic Artist Dusty Balzac Bush Philosopher from Flyblown Gully by the Sea

Michigan / Detroit Diplomacy group

#1 Post by MajorMitchell » Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:08 pm

Thanks for the invitation to play with your group. I had a look for your group on FacetiousBook but couldn't find it as I am hopeless with most internet thingy things, and now i cannot find your kind PM

MajorMitchell
Location: Now Performing Comedic Artist Dusty Balzac Bush Philosopher from Flyblown Gully by the Sea

Re: Michigan / Detroit Diplomacy group

#3 Post by MajorMitchell » Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:48 pm

It is. But Octavious our Oracle sent me a PM and that enabled me to find the Michigan gang's PM, so I've replied to both the Magnificent Michigan gang & Octavious as well. So it's all good.
I'm still popping in to WebDiplomacy to read Forum threads and posts but I'm not joining games. I was naughty and got banned from joining games, although that has now expired.
Whilst I was banned I saw an opportunity to get a free lunch, as part of getting the free lunch I had to do two Drawings of sculptures set in local landscapes. I spent enjoyable hours at this Drawing caper, approx 3.5 hrs on each drawing... blah blah blah... The second drawing was selected for display in an exhibition in a proper Art gallery & there have been two modest offers made to purchase it (which I have declined).
So I've invested in chalk pastel doo~dahs and a new A2 size sketch book and intend to have a go at the Art caper over our Antipodean summer.

I do appreciate the kind invitation from the Magnificent Michigan gang.. oops flat phone battery.. but I will decline. I'm sure the new AI boots are most exciting as well.. but the only way to progress to Drawing young ladies scantily clad in translucent garments is via an apprenticeship on sculptures in landscapes, so I've been seduced by Art

brainbomb

#4 Post by brainbomb » Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:24 pm

krellin will attend

umbletheheep

#5 Post by umbletheheep » Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:58 pm

I'm there also. I was at the last meetup and we're planning to have another meetup or two before the end of year. I'm kind of eclectic on the platforms I play on but have enjoyed playing occasional live games here over the last 8 years or so.

umbletheheep

#6 Post by umbletheheep » Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:01 pm

Just join the facebook group and there will be an event posting in not too long I'm sure. Tombomb will be taking the lead on that. I'm sure there's several people here that would have a few words for him in person ;)

VillageIdiot

#7 Post by VillageIdiot » Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:31 am

Omg, it’s THE Umble!!! I’ve heard of you!

umbletheheep

#8 Post by umbletheheep » Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:25 am

Nothing to see here: https://giphy.com/gifs/f1-funny-ricciar ... SdTNV2Pht7

Oh wait! You can't do gifs here 😭