A photograph of you

General discussions that don't fit in other forums can go here.
Forum rules
Feel free to discuss any topics here. Please use the Politics sub-forum for political conversations. While most topics will be allowed please be sure to be respectful and follow our normal site rules at http://www.webdiplomacy.net/rules.php.
Vaporwave

A photograph of you

#1 Post by Vaporwave » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:47 pm

A question for those of you with sexy skills, I need to know.

Firstly, I'll say I've never used photoshop or any of those pic-editing programs. Yes, I suck with stuff like that but now something happened, I need to change my ways. I'm willing to learn how to use them so this is my very important question:

Is it possible to change hair color with photoshop? Are there any other programs that you would recommend for changing someone's hair color in a photo? Just hair, no altering of anything else, like skin tone. My goal: turning a blonde into a brunette, tell me it's possible and that I'm not living in a cave.

e.m.c^42

Re: A photograph of you

#2 Post by e.m.c^42 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:55 pm

Yes, but how you do it really depends on your available programs, skills, and how much work you want to put into it - not to mention the style of the original photograph.

Vaporwave

#3 Post by Vaporwave » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:57 pm

e.m.c^42 wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:55 pm
Yes, but how you do it really depends on your available programs, skills, and how much work you want to put into it - not to mention the style of the original photograph.
Argh, so it's one of those difficult and time-consuming things. What about a clip? Can you change the hair color of someone in a video?

e.m.c^42

#4 Post by e.m.c^42 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:59 pm

Vaporwave wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:57 pm
e.m.c^42 wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:55 pm
Argh, so it's one of those difficult and time-consuming things. What about a clip? Can you change the hair color of someone in a video?
You'd probably want to deepfake that lol, editing by hand would be an utter death sentence in terms of effort and outcome.

What are you trying to do, even? haha

Vaporwave

#5 Post by Vaporwave » Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:03 pm

Thanks, e.m.c, for this precious info.

It's for...something. I can't expand more on this without it sounding weird ;)

Being completely clueless when it comes to any editing skills, I thought we're living in a more advanced era, but I guess not

e.m.c^42

#6 Post by e.m.c^42 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:08 pm

Vaporwave wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:03 pm
Thanks, e.m.c, for this precious info.

It's for...something. I can't expand more on this without it sounding weird ;)

Being completely clueless when it comes to any editing skills, I thought we're living in a more advanced era, but I guess not
I mean, simplest would be slapping on a filter/changing hue that turns the hair a shade of brown, then layering it on top of the original picture, and erasing everything on the filtered layer except for the hair.