Megetables

General discussions that don't fit in other forums can go here.
Forum rules
Feel free to discuss any topics here. Please use the Politics sub-forum for political conversations. While most topics will be allowed please be sure to be respectful and follow our normal site rules at http://www.webdiplomacy.net/rules.php.
Matticus13

Megetables

#1 Post by Matticus13 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:25 am

https://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/arby ... -trend.amp

So, you've certainly heard of or enjoyed a meat substitute. Tofu in the shape of turkey (not the Diplomacy version) and the like. Now, Arby's is developing megetables. Meat substitutes for vegetables. If you click the link (I know some of us might be allergic to FOX, but do it for the sake of megetables), you will find a description of what goes into creating a megetable. So far, they have created a marrot (meat carrot).

Besides being an epic troll, they actually contain all the vitamins and minerals found in a carrot. 30g of protein too!

Don't get me wrong. I love many vegetables. I will also love megetables.

Carl Tuckerson

Re: Megetables

#2 Post by Carl Tuckerson » Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:39 am

I propose the name "Freedom Vegetables."

Percy Williams

#3 Post by Percy Williams » Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:38 am

Carl Tuckerson wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:39 am
How about "Preternatural Protein Packages"?

Carl Tuckerson

#4 Post by Carl Tuckerson » Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:45 am

Percy Williams wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:38 am
Carl Tuckerson wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:39 am
How about "Preternatural Protein Packages"?
That's way too many syllables for this American classic in the making.

Magnetic24

#5 Post by Magnetic24 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:57 am

An Arby's executive comes home from work, tired. The popularity of Arby's is decreasing day by day, and he needs to find a solution. He comes home to his two children. He spots them watching TV and an Arby's ad comes up for their new roast beef sandwich. Not knowing that their father was in the room, the children wrinkle their nose. He quickly realizes how futile his job is - if his own offspring don't even like Arby's, then why should he advocate so much for them? He leaves and goes to the closest bar. He drinks and drinks... thankfully, he gets home OK. Passing out on the couch, he wakes up at about four A.M. Dreaming, he sees his kids once more wrinkling their noses at meat. Vegetables... Arby's... Suddenly, he wakes up in a drunken stupor.

"MEGETABLES!"

And that was how megetables were born. Yikes... (it was later discovered that this man was fired by IHOP for his IHOB PR stunt.)

KlondikeBar

#6 Post by KlondikeBar » Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:14 am

Magnetic24 wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:57 am
An Arby's executive comes home from work, tired. The popularity of Arby's is decreasing day by day, and he needs to find a solution. He comes home to his two children. He spots them watching TV and an Arby's ad comes up for their new roast beef sandwich. Not knowing that their father was in the room, the children wrinkle their nose. He quickly realizes how futile his job is - if his own offspring don't even like Arby's, then why should he advocate so much for them? He leaves and goes to the closest bar. He drinks and drinks... thankfully, he gets home OK. Passing out on the couch, he wakes up at about four A.M. Dreaming, he sees his kids once more wrinkling their noses at meat. Vegetables... Arby's... Suddenly, he wakes up in a drunken stupor.

"MEGETABLES!"

And that was how megetables were born. Yikes... (it was later discovered that this man was fired by IHOP for his IHOB PR stunt.)
What about the word megetable made you feel that a story about a depressed alcoholic Arby's owner was the right fit?

Carl Tuckerson

#7 Post by Carl Tuckerson » Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:22 am

KlondikeBar wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:14 am
Magnetic24 wrote:

"MEGETABLES!"

What about the word megetable made you feel that a story about a depressed alcoholic Arby's owner was the right fit?
I dunno, all of it?

p.s. Superb first post. That's what I call weighing in where it counts. Welcome to the forum!

Matticus13

#8 Post by Matticus13 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:47 am

Magnetic24 wrote:

"MEGETABLES!"

It may be a drug induced idea (smoke induced?). Give me a carrot and a marrot. I will eat both of them. They will both be delicious.

Percy Williams

#9 Post by Percy Williams » Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:36 am

The one issue is that the marrot takes away the only time I pretend to be healthy.

damo666

#10 Post by damo666 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:35 am

How do you tell the difference between a marrow and a marrow?

BobMcBob

#11 Post by BobMcBob » Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:43 am

damo666 wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:35 am
No idea. They sound exactly the same to me. Like, EXACTLY the same.

Percy Williams

#12 Post by Percy Williams » Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:33 pm

BobMcBob wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:43 am
damo666 wrote:
No idea. They sound exactly the same to me. Like, EXACTLY the same.
It's where the syllable emphasis is.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#13 Post by dargorygel » Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:05 pm

damo666 wrote:
RESISTING the urge to type: "I'll find out and tell you tomarrow."