A "New World" forum game

General discussions that don't fit in other forums can go here.
Forum rules
Feel free to discuss any topics here. Please use the Politics sub-forum for political conversations. While most topics will be allowed please be sure to be respectful and follow our normal site rules at http://www.webdiplomacy.net/rules.php.
Ismail

A "New World" forum game

#1 Post by Ismail » Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:25 pm

There's a text-based, turn-based forum game set on a fictional New World continent, the idea being that it starts around 10,000 BC and goes through the centuries up to the present (and future), becoming increasingly complex as societies form and whatnot. Participants currently join as either indigenous peoples created by themselves, join as part of indigenous peoples created by existing players, or join as foreign explorers/colonizers/etc. It starts around 10,000 BC, and as it continues and centuries pass tribal societies undergo changes, Europeans start to arrive, presumably colonies will form, eventually independent states will come about and the modern world will be reached. It'd just start off simple but become increasingly more involved as the turns go by.

You can find it here: http://eregime.org/index.php?act=idx (it's called "Artan" and the whole game at this point is played via private forum areas, so anyone not playing can't actually see what's going on in game at the moment)

Edit: Also contrary to what my profile currently says, I didn't actually join webDiplo today, I made this account back in 2016.

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

Re: A "New World" forum game

#2 Post by Squigs44 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:35 pm

Ismail wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:25 pm
There's a text-based, turn-based forum game set on a fictional New World continent, the idea being that it starts around 10,000 BC and goes through the centuries up to the present (and future), becoming increasingly complex as societies form and whatnot. Participants currently join as either indigenous peoples created by themselves, join as part of indigenous peoples created by existing players, or join as foreign explorers/colonizers/etc. It starts around 10,000 BC, and as it continues and centuries pass tribal societies undergo changes, Europeans start to arrive, presumably colonies will form, eventually independent states will come about and the modern world will be reached. It'd just start off simple but become increasingly more involved as the turns go by.

You can find it here: http://eregime.org/index.php?act=idx (it's called "Artan" and the whole game at this point is played via private forum areas, so anyone not playing can't actually see what's going on in game at the moment)

Edit: Also contrary to what my profile currently says, I didn't actually join webDiplo today, I made this account back in 2016.
How many people are typically playing in a game? This sounds a lot like the brain sims we do here

Ismail

#3 Post by Ismail » Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:25 pm

The current game has 44 participants thus far.

The reason the forum (eRegime) exists is because our forum games tend to be relatively detailed. We've had games that had 60 or more players.

Percy Williams

#4 Post by Percy Williams » Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:07 am

:-D Very interesting! It sounds like a more official version of Brainbombs sims, and I am ABSOLUTELY READY! How do I start?

Ismail

#5 Post by Ismail » Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:50 am

Percy Williams wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:07 am
:-D Very interesting! It sounds like a more official version of Brainbombs sims, and I am ABSOLUTELY READY! How do I start?
I've sent you a private message with more info.

As a note, if anyone here wants to promote WebDiplo on eRegime, that's fine too.

Ismail

#6 Post by Ismail » Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:08 am

Ismail wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:50 am
As a note, if anyone here wants to promote WebDiplo on eRegime, that's fine too.
To expand upon this, we'd be glad to set up a permanent link to WebDiplo on our forum, if there's any interest (or no objections) in that.

Meanwhile the "New World" game continues to function. We've gotten multiple persons from WebDiplo on it, which I'm glad to see.

Percy Williams

#7 Post by Percy Williams » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:15 am

This has completely met my expectations so far, would strongly recommend to anyone scrolling through their forum home page. (In other words, I need some more people to beat). ;)

Ismail

#8 Post by Ismail » Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:55 am

Yeah the game is still going strong, with 67 players thus far. If there are any questions, feel free to ask them here.

Emperor Of The Closet

#9 Post by Emperor Of The Closet » Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:31 am

By the way, at this point it is probably better to sign up as a european, since they will soon start arriving. We don't actually know when. We don't even know the current year. European players also have to actually explore Artan, so no map for us too. But at least we have guns, and the natives don't ;)

Temasek22

#10 Post by Temasek22 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:46 am

Can I please join? I'm PMed Ismail

Ismail

#11 Post by Ismail » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:57 am

Temasek22 wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:46 am
Can I please join? I'm PMed Ismail
Of course.

Also while it's true that Europeans will soon start arriving, players can also still join as an indigenous people if they wish.