Game of Thrones

General discussions that don't fit in other forums can go here.
Forum rules
Feel free to discuss any topics here. Please use the Politics sub-forum for political conversations. While most topics will be allowed please be sure to be respectful and follow our normal site rules at http://www.webdiplomacy.net/rules.php.
Octavious

Re: Game of Thrones

#41 Post by Octavious » Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:51 am

GoT plot summary

The nightwalkers are the park rangers of the world. Every now and then the population of humans grows a bit too much, typically at its worst after a particularly long summer, so a team of nightwalkers is sent to cull them. This is traditionally achieved by their tame human, affectionally called the three-eyed crow, gathering a significant number of fellow humans in one spot so the culling can be carried out quickly and efficiently.

Job done.

Vecna

#42 Post by Vecna » Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:51 am

Durga wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:06 pm
Honestly it was a well done episode. I just thought it was a stupid decision to end the NK plot at this point.
The strongest message/story ending this show couldve had would be along the lines of: "Look at you humans with your silly greed, your inconsequential plotting and power struggles, you brought all this on yourself".

Cercei's army shouldve backstabbed the the defending force. Allowing the Nightkill to win the battle. And wipe out Kings landing and the rest of the continent in the last few episodes. Have Cercei and Dany survive on some island to see how pointless their ambitions were.

Foxcastle

#43 Post by Foxcastle » Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:26 pm

My guess is that they simply didn't plan far enough in advance. They only started setting up the conclusion last season, when really they needed two seasons to get everything in place for a finale season. The show has had two driving plotlines throughout: the white walkers and the political battles. Of the two, the political battle is the more interesting, because it's about characters. Yes, they drive characters to a lot of cool moments (like we saw in the last two episodes), but they are generally a narrower set of moments (determination, fear, etc). The white walkers are cool, but they're just a force of nature; you can't negotiate, be betrayed, be tricked, or otherwise do interesting things with them. Ideally, they would have intertwined those plots all the way through so that the whole show led up to an epic simultaneous conclusion. But once they had Daenerys choose to fight the white walkers—an iffy character choice anyway...—they lost that opportunity.

Also, the showrunners have gone soft. One of Brienne or Tormund, at least one Stark (preferably Jon), Gendry, Davos, one of Worm or Missandrei, and one of the living dragons should have died. Melisandre should have lived.

Smokey Gem

#44 Post by Smokey Gem » Sun May 12, 2019 1:57 pm

Baby arryn for king ..he can breast feed form all the mums in the kingdom and everyone would think that was pretty good and normal considering the choises.

TrPrado
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Location: OOOOOOKLAHOMA WHERE THE WIND COMES SWEEPING DOWN THE PLAIN

#45 Post by TrPrado » Mon May 13, 2019 2:47 am

Do these people really think the only thing we liked about the show was shock factor? I swear if this show ends with Jon on the throne I’m gonna fight someone, especially after Varys dropped the line that he’d rule “wisely and well”

Durga

#46 Post by Durga » Mon May 13, 2019 3:56 am

I fucking hate Jon Snow.

goldfinger0303
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#47 Post by goldfinger0303 » Mon May 13, 2019 4:13 am

I know. If he had only fucked his aunt some more, thousands of lives would be saved.

Guys, if you turn your brain off and forget every bit of character development from the past few seasons, it was a good episode.

FlaviusAetius

#48 Post by FlaviusAetius » Mon May 13, 2019 8:36 am

goldfinger0303 wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 4:13 am
I know. If he had only fucked his aunt some more, thousands of lives would be saved.

Guys, if you turn your brain off and forget every bit of character development from the past few seasons, it was a good episode.
hundreds of thousands*
also agreed

Octavious

#49 Post by Octavious » Thu May 16, 2019 12:20 pm

Sansa will be queen. She is one of the few candidates up to the substance of the job, and she has a lot of military support. Add a marriage of convenience to Baratheon's no longer a bastard for a bit of added legitimacy, and she's the full package.

Dragon girl is not long for this world. Maybe an assassination, but my guess is suicide by dragon fire, taking Snow with her. They both burn as her fire resistance magic bollocks fails as she wants to die / no longer considers herself worthy or some such tosh.

TrPrado
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#50 Post by TrPrado » Mon May 20, 2019 6:20 am

Wow, how crazy that Thanos ended up king of Westeros AND Essos. Wild.

Fluminator

#51 Post by Fluminator » Mon May 20, 2019 5:56 pm

Gendry ending up on the throne is nice in that it goes full circle with a Baratheon ruler, but I would have preferred a character that was in every season of the show. I have mixed feelings.

TrPrado
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#52 Post by TrPrado » Mon May 20, 2019 6:55 pm

Really glad they brought Edmure Tully back to be an important and absolutely essential character.