MAFIA 78: Random Facts [GAME THREAD] - [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
brainbomb

Re: MAFIA 78: Random Facts [GAME THREAD] - [HIDDEN]

#2621 Post by brainbomb » Sun Feb 19, 2023 6:45 am

If scum!eden sees Town!TFB pushing scum!swordsman

I imagine that mafia eden would use his abilities to simultaneously protect swords while promoting a wagon on TFB the aggressor and using items like attacking a lurker, normally posts alot, to shield from the protection.

And then this is echoed by chaqa
At the same time this is happening chaqa is claiming TFB is a spammer, that TFB needs to be shot so a game is quieter. as soon as TFB pushes damo both eden and chaqa back fully off from criticisms of TFB.

TFB is actually 7th highest poster well behind ghug and eden who chaqa just pretends arent spamming the game.

Essentially it seems possible eden is mafia here with chaqa and TFB if damo wss always just their cuck

brainbomb

#2622 Post by brainbomb » Sun Feb 19, 2023 6:45 am

brainbomb wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 6:45 am

I imagine that mafia eden would use his abilities to simultaneously protect swords while promoting a wagon on TFB the aggressor and using items like attacking a lurker, normally posts alot, to shield from the protection.

At the same time this is happening chaqa is claiming TFB is a spammer, that TFB needs to be shot so a game is quieter. as soon as TFB pushes damo both eden and chaqa back fully off from criticisms of TFB.

TFB is actually 7th highest poster well behind ghug and eden who chaqa just pretends arent spamming the game.

Essentially it seems possible eden is mafia here with chaqa and TFB if damo wss always just their cuck
however tfb can be town and chaqa and eden can still be scum too

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2623 Post by Chaqa » Sun Feb 19, 2023 6:46 am

Brain is starting to realize half of my mafia play style is stealing ghug’s ideas

KoalaAttack

#2624 Post by KoalaAttack » Sun Feb 19, 2023 6:46 am

So I have been watching all these posts by brainbomb unfold.

Is this like a quantum brain bomb of interconnected discussions on the role of Chaos in Mafia? Especially given that we now know ghug was a Mafia?

And then something clicked in my brain... you know, I've had brainbomb as the most-Towniest on the last 2 versions of my Suspect List in part because because brainbomb has been provoking folks to get more data out of them.

KoalaAttack wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2023 4:04 am
(lucky 13) brainbomb – some very random posting, a lot of it seems crafted to provoke ... don't particularly like the style of some of those controversial provocations, but they appear effective at eliciting reactions and new data from others
KoalaAttack wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 5:15 am
(11) – brainbomb – I still got no reason to suspect them. I still dislike their intentionally provocative posting style from especially early on, but still feel that they helped uncover more useful data for us.

brainbomb – I am now extremely interested in how you would convert/summarize all your quantum posts into a regular logical conclusion. And also what is your personal take on Chaos in Mafia?

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2625 Post by Chaqa » Sun Feb 19, 2023 6:47 am

Brain - I never said TFB was a spammer. I said he makes giant wall posts I don’t like to read, which has been the case with every game I’ve played with him.

brainbomb

#2626 Post by brainbomb » Sun Feb 19, 2023 6:49 am

you were just brainlessly calling for vig shots on someone based on
spammy behavior who wasnt even exhibiting spammy behavior by comparison to others at the time.

bozotheclown

#2627 Post by bozotheclown » Sun Feb 19, 2023 6:50 am

Bonatogether wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 5:24 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2023 8:40 pm
I think it is possible TFB, damo, and ghug are all mafia and there was a fair amount of bussing going on D1. It would explain some of the unusual D1 voting. Also, TFB's strong push on damo D1 seems like a good bus candidate to me.
how do you get boat man/damo scum axis
The theory is TFB bussed damo and ghug protected TFB and damo by pushing to DK you or BunnyGo.

President Eden

#2628 Post by President Eden » Sun Feb 19, 2023 7:00 am

brainbomb wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 6:06 am
So we breathe sanity back into the game

TOWN
bozo
koala
rdrivera
bona
eden
neon

NULL
lfischl
BK

Scum
TheFlyingBoat
Damo
Chaqa
brainbomb wrote:

I guess sanity was boring

TheFlyingBoat

#2629 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Sun Feb 19, 2023 7:02 am

President Eden wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 7:00 am
brainbomb wrote:

TOWN
bozo
koala
rdrivera
bona
eden
neon

NULL
lfischl
BK

Scum
TheFlyingBoat
Damo
Chaqa
brainbomb wrote:

I mean, is this not fun to read, especially at night?

bozotheclown

#2630 Post by bozotheclown » Sun Feb 19, 2023 7:03 am

TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 6:21 am
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2023 10:36 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2023 10:25 pm

Assuming damo is mafia, either one flipping scum today would likely result in the other being the DK D3, so the mafia could easily have cut their loses and bussed today. I find you and TFB advocating the ghug, damo, and 2 lurkers idea suspicious.
Dude how hard is your tunnel vision on me? Are you so convinced I can't be right that you are going to just death tunnel on me the entire game? If you think the game is ghug-damo-me-PE, why wouldn't ghug play like he always plays as scum and force a couple miskills and trust that we could see the game out through the end?

The way the day froze when town had wagons on ghug and damo suggests an inability for scum to maneuver and an unwillingness to hard bus. Ghug avoiding the damo wagon like he did and trying to get something on bona and lfischl strongly adds credence to this theory. The reason why ghug is playing the way he is is because he doesn't trust his team imo.
@bozo could you reply to this? I get that you can dismiss it pretty easily with WIFOM, but I do think it is something worth at least trying to grapple with before you do.
Considering the primary reason I suspected ghug was mafia is because he did everything he could to keep you from getting DKed D1 after voting for you early D1 and saying you were "clearly scum", you are going to have to do something that makes it clear to me you are town for me to stop suspecting you are one of ghug's teammates.

When ghug and damo became the top wagons, you and PE were already voting for damo, so if you and PE are mafia, you are right about the "inability for scum to maneuver" part, but not about the "unwillingness to hard bus".

TheFlyingBoat

#2631 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Sun Feb 19, 2023 7:03 am

Like ngl, I had a shit game of diplomacy today which I just hated, but this actually made me feel happy and laugh a bit. So thank you.

President Eden

#2632 Post by President Eden » Sun Feb 19, 2023 7:04 am

TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 7:02 am
President Eden wrote:
brainbomb wrote:

TOWN
bozo
koala
rdrivera
bona
eden
neon

NULL
lfischl
BK

Scum
TheFlyingBoat
Damo
Chaqa
brainbomb wrote:

No

Apparently the bar is now not only "catch all the mafia" but "be right from the word go so you never have to change your mind in light of new data"

That is not a fun standard to be held to

brainbomb

#2633 Post by brainbomb » Sun Feb 19, 2023 7:09 am

Im not sure who ill push tomorrow. I gotta take it all in and sip from some fresh wine here.

throw out a group of three and lets debunk some pairings

bozotheclown

#2634 Post by bozotheclown » Sun Feb 19, 2023 7:15 am

President Eden wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 7:04 am
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
President Eden wrote:

No

Apparently the bar is now not only "catch all the mafia" but "be right from the word go so you never have to change your mind in light of new data"

Title: Advanced Busing Techniques in Mafia: Winning as the Mafia

Level: College

Objective: Students will be able to understand and execute advanced busing techniques in the game of mafia as the mafia team, resulting in better chances of winning the game.

Materials:

- A deck of cards
- Whiteboard and markers
- Handouts explaining advanced busing techniques in mafia
- A sample game of mafia setup, including a list of player roles and their respective abilities

Introduction (10 minutes):

1. Review the basic rules of the game of mafia and how it is played.
2. Discuss the importance of busing in the game of mafia for the mafia team.
3. Explain that the focus of the lesson will be on advanced busing techniques and why they are important to master for winning as the mafia.

Body (30 minutes):

1. Hand out the handouts that explain advanced busing techniques in mafia.
Ask students to read the handouts and ask any questions they may have.
2. Review each advanced busing technique in detail, using the whiteboard to illustrate examples.
3. Play a sample game of mafia with the class, using the roles and abilities provided in the setup.
4. Point out opportunities for students to employ advanced busing techniques and explain how these techniques can benefit the mafia team.
5. Debrief after the game, discussing how well the class executed advanced busing techniques and what could be improved in future games.

Conclusion (10 minutes):

1. Summarize the importance of advanced busing techniques in the game of mafia for the mafia team.
2. Encourage students to practice their busing techniques in future games of mafia and to apply the advanced techniques they have learned.
3. Provide additional resources for students to continue improving their busing skills outside of class.

Assessment:

Students will be assessed on their ability to identify opportunities for advanced busing and execute these techniques effectively during the sample game of mafia. Additionally, students will be evaluated on their participation in class discussions and their completion of the handouts provided.

TheFlyingBoat

#2635 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Sun Feb 19, 2023 7:18 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 7:03 am
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 6:21 am
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2023 10:36 pm

Dude how hard is your tunnel vision on me? Are you so convinced I can't be right that you are going to just death tunnel on me the entire game? If you think the game is ghug-damo-me-PE, why wouldn't ghug play like he always plays as scum and force a couple miskills and trust that we could see the game out through the end?

The way the day froze when town had wagons on ghug and damo suggests an inability for scum to maneuver and an unwillingness to hard bus. Ghug avoiding the damo wagon like he did and trying to get something on bona and lfischl strongly adds credence to this theory. The reason why ghug is playing the way he is is because he doesn't trust his team imo.
@bozo could you reply to this? I get that you can dismiss it pretty easily with WIFOM, but I do think it is something worth at least trying to grapple with before you do.
Considering the primary reason I suspected ghug was mafia is because he did everything he could to keep you from getting DKed D1 after voting for you early D1 and saying you were "clearly scum", you are going to have to do something that makes it clear to me you are town for me to stop suspecting you are one of ghug's teammates.

When ghug and damo became the top wagons, you and PE were already voting for damo, so if you and PE are mafia, you are right about the "inability for scum to maneuver" part, but not about the "unwillingness to hard bus".
Right but you don't answer the question about ghug. Why is ghug not wagoning Damo to death? He shaded him and it was clear PE and I were not going to let him go (until PE did :lol: ).

It would not have been a new read for him, given that damo was one of his 5 targets and would allow him to look pretty good as a bunch of people were on the fence about him already as is. Like yes, some people would wonder why ghug is still alive Day 4, but surely then, if he trusted his teammates, he would have been comfortable going there after forcing another miskill or 2.

Instead his unwillingness to vote Damo for large parts of the day became highly suspicious and in tandem with what happened D1/N1, caused me and others to consider the possibility they may be a pair.

Ghug is a smart guy. Why does he do this?

President Eden

#2636 Post by President Eden » Sun Feb 19, 2023 7:18 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 7:15 am
President Eden wrote:
TheFlyingBoat wrote:

No

Objective: Students will be able to understand and execute advanced busing techniques in the game of mafia as the mafia team, resulting in better chances of winning the game.

Materials:

- A deck of cards
- Whiteboard and markers
- A sample game of mafia setup, including a list of player roles and their respective abilities

3. Explain that the focus of the lesson will be on advanced busing techniques and why they are important to master for winning as the mafia.

Body (30 minutes):

2. Review each advanced busing technique in detail, using the whiteboard to illustrate examples.
3. Play a sample game of mafia with the class, using the roles and abilities provided in the setup.
4. Point out opportunities for students to employ advanced busing techniques and explain how these techniques can benefit the mafia team.
5. Debrief after the game, discussing how well the class executed advanced busing techniques and what could be improved in future games.

Conclusion (10 minutes):

1. Summarize the importance of advanced busing techniques in the game of mafia for the mafia team.
2. Encourage students to practice their busing techniques in future games of mafia and to apply the advanced techniques they have learned.
3. Provide additional resources for students to continue improving their busing skills outside of class.

Assessment:

Students will be assessed on their ability to identify opportunities for advanced busing and execute these techniques effectively during the sample game of mafia. Additionally, students will be evaluated on their participation in class discussions and their completion of the handouts provided.
this shit is too funny

brainbomb

#2637 Post by brainbomb » Sun Feb 19, 2023 7:21 am

From the Mafia Chat at the hardees drive thru

damo lfischl is scum with brainbomb. im just gonna keep pushing that

chaqa and ill just keep claiming lfischl is town and theres no one else im even gonna try to read

Drive Thru GuyHello welcome to Carls Junior can I take your order?

bonatogether Yea ill take four bishkeks, make those large

chaqa No onions on mine

bonatogether No onions, and can we get those bishkeks with a side of zoomer sauce?

Drive Thru Guy Zoomer sauce? We have ketchup? or honey mustard

damo I have a list of what 9 possible sauce combos would be best on my bishkek

9 ketchup, mustard, mayo, honey
7 ketchup, apple cider vinegar, bbq sauce, chipotle sauce
5 Ketchup, doritos pureed, coconut oil,

fuck it
its lfichl I dont understand what im even talking about

bonatogether did you get all that?

TheFlyingBoat

#2638 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Sun Feb 19, 2023 7:25 am

brainbomb wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 7:21 am
From the Mafia Chat at the hardees drive thru

damo I have a list of what 9 possible sauce combos would be best on my bishkek

9 ketchup, mustard, mayo, honey
7 ketchup, apple cider vinegar, bbq sauce, chipotle sauce
5 Ketchup, doritos pureed, coconut oil,
Wow this game of mafia really brightened my day

TheFlyingBoat

#2639 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Sun Feb 19, 2023 7:26 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 7:15 am
President Eden wrote:
TheFlyingBoat wrote:

No

Materials:

- A deck of cards
- Whiteboard and markers

Body (30 minutes):

Conclusion (10 minutes):

Assessment:

Fuck! How do you keep hacking into my drive and stealing my lesson plans?

bozotheclown

#2640 Post by bozotheclown » Sun Feb 19, 2023 7:27 am

ghug wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 6:38 pm
Eliminating people I think are town/new/good, I think I want to kill in the following (in column-major order rather than purely alphabetical):
damo
Bona
Bozo
Boat
lfischl

Could maaaybe be talked into Bunny or Eden.
3 hours before D1 EOD, ghug still had damo and TFB in his scum pool, and despite briefly voting for damo twice after that, ghug risked looking suspicious at EOD to make sure BunnyGo or Bonatogether was the DK over damo or TFB.